View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Peter Forsberg 
NFL Team Captain

Post Peter Forsberg
Peter Forsberg has finally fecieved medical clearence to return to active satus after having surgery on his chronic foot injury.

Pro Sports Daily.com has said that Forsberg has been offered a contract by his hometown team, Modo of the Swedish Elite League. Forsberg's agent says Peter's preferance is the NHL.

That being said the rumor mill has the Wings as one of a dozen teams vying for his services.

Forsber went as far as to say he would except a modest 2 year contract.

But....Rumor has it that he still has ill feelings toward the Wings form his days with the Avalanche. Get over it big boy, it's not like your name is Claude Lemuixe(sp?).

Does anybody think this would be a good move? Remember Derrien Hatcher and Uwe Krupp, the didn't work out so well.

I know every body hates extra long posts but I don't know how to post a link to these stories. You gotta remember that I had to use a slide rule in High school, no such things as calculators and no one had even heard of PCs.

Anyway back to my news report. The Red Wings believe that they are the front runners to sign Swedish sensation Fabian Brunnstrom. The 23 year old winger was ovelooked in the draft but has turned into a star in the Swedish Elite League. He can't be signed until March ot April because of his contract with the Swedes.

Which move do you folks think the Wings should pursue?

Both?

Or one or the other?

Sorry about the long post but old people have to take the simple approach.

Happy Ground Hog Day :roll: :roll: :roll:

February 2nd, 2008, 10:33 pm
I would pursue both players... I trust Holland to do a sound evaluation on them. Krupp didn't work, but that was before the salary cap. I really don't think Holland would be so care free about signing someone now... Before it was only money, and we had a lot of it to spend... Now there's only a finite pool of money, and we have to be more careful.

That said, IMO Foresburg would be silly not to come here... I don't know why he would still have "ill feelings" towards us... I mean those situations generaly seem to be left behind once you leave your old team and go somewhere else (see Chelios)... The Blackhawks hated the wings for ever, and Cheli was a fan favorite to bash before we signed him. We welcomed him with open arms as fans, and he welcomed being here... I think the same would be true for Foresburg. I will admit though, I could mainly see him coming back to Colorado, but if he has anything left in the tank he would be much more likely to win here... I know where I'd go if I were him... That is... if we can afford him.

February 4th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Walk On

He's a swede isnt he? Mixing him up with Tomas, Zetterburg, Lindstom, and Samuelson would be pretty sweet. Like the old Russian five. Given he still can play like he use too.

As for how much money he would want is another story. Holland already has his hands full with trying to keep our core guys happy. I trust he could do it though.

Just like my last post. How can the GM's for all our other main sports teams. Dumars, Holland, Dombroski, be so good and Millen aka big turd be so bad :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

February 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]