View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Stanley Cup Playoffs - 1st Round - Nashville Predatros 
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Congrats to the Wings!! They played a great game yesterday. Now that is the Red Wings team that I expect to see playing. IMO they dominated the entire game. Sure there were bit a pieces when Nashville seemed to get something going, then the Wings stopped them. I think Ozzie should stay in goal until he proves that he can't handle it. IMO the only way Hasek should get back in is if Ozzie gets overwhelmed, the Wings are leading 8-0 with 5 mins to play...that's about it.

So, what does everyong think about our possible 2nd round oppoents? Calgary or Colorado?

Wait, Wags I thought the Wings were done? Don't we need to blow up the team and take the C away from Lidstrom? :lol: :wink:

Nice jab there TDJ, but you know that's not what I was saying :lol: :wink:...they finally played like the Wings I've come to know and love and when they're playing like that I don't think anyone could beat them in a series...futhermore I believe they played that well partially because of Ozzie in net. It just seems to me that they have more faith in Ozzie right now.

I know, and I agree about Ozzie. He's been fantastic.

Just had to get a little shot in there on ya!

Oh I know, and I deserve it. I wouldn't expect any less. :lol:

Now, who do you want for the 2nd round? Part of me would like to see Colorado because of our history with them, but then again it's just history these days.

April 21st, 2008, 11:39 am
Modmin Dude

Good news! It looks like Ozzie will remain in goal:

Freep.com wrote:
Chris Osgood to start in Round 2
Coach: Goaltending was a big difference

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Chris Osgood allowed just one goal to the Predators after joining the series in progress, and that's going to lead to him starting the next series.

Osgood made 20 saves Sunday to shut down Nashville, 3-0, and clinch the series in Game 6. Osgood took over midway through Game 4 after a poor stretch by Dominik Hasek, who has been relegated to backup status.

"I thought goaltending was a big difference," coach Mike Babcock said. "Dom would tell you he was really good in Game 2, he got us the win in Game 2, but the puck didn't hit him as good here in Nashville. So when Ozzie came in, it gives you a change and it gives you a boost, and he's done a good job.

"Ozzie's obviously got the net right now, and it's his job to make sure Dom doesn't get back in it. But Dom's going to do everything he can to be ready."

So will Osgood. He knew coming into the season that he'd back up Hasek, so he stayed sharp through every practice and never complained. When Babcock went to him, Osgood couldn't have been readier.

"When Babs called me, I just went and played, because I didn't have any other thought in my head other than that I feel good and confident and am going to play well," Osgood said. "It was great to get a chance to play."

More relaxed than Hasek on and off the ice, Osgood's calmness spread to his teammates.

"He looks real relaxed in net, and I think it gives the whole team confidence and comfort, too," captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. "He doesn't seem to get rattled. Even when he came in in the game here, Game 4, he played real well."

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... FSinjfE%3D

April 21st, 2008, 11:42 am
QB Coach

Good news! It looks like Ozzie will remain in goal:

Freep.com wrote:
Chris Osgood to start in Round 2
Coach: Goaltending was a big difference

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Chris Osgood allowed just one goal to the Predators after joining the series in progress, and that's going to lead to him starting the next series.

Osgood made 20 saves Sunday to shut down Nashville, 3-0, and clinch the series in Game 6. Osgood took over midway through Game 4 after a poor stretch by Dominik Hasek, who has been relegated to backup status.

"I thought goaltending was a big difference," coach Mike Babcock said. "Dom would tell you he was really good in Game 2, he got us the win in Game 2, but the puck didn't hit him as good here in Nashville. So when Ozzie came in, it gives you a change and it gives you a boost, and he's done a good job.

"Ozzie's obviously got the net right now, and it's his job to make sure Dom doesn't get back in it. But Dom's going to do everything he can to be ready."

So will Osgood. He knew coming into the season that he'd back up Hasek, so he stayed sharp through every practice and never complained. When Babcock went to him, Osgood couldn't have been readier.

"When Babs called me, I just went and played, because I didn't have any other thought in my head other than that I feel good and confident and am going to play well," Osgood said. "It was great to get a chance to play."

More relaxed than Hasek on and off the ice, Osgood's calmness spread to his teammates.

"He looks real relaxed in net, and I think it gives the whole team confidence and comfort, too," captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. "He doesn't seem to get rattled. Even when he came in in the game here, Game 4, he played real well."

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... FSinjfE%3D

No surprise there. As for their next opponent, I don't know. My neighbors are from Calgary, so that would be fun to have that rivalry going here. Either way, the Wings just have to go out and take care of business.

April 21st, 2008, 11:52 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd rather face the Avs since they aren't as physical as the Flames are. When the Wings play teams like that, anything can happen. Also, I'm glad that they're sticking with Osgood. Hasek seemed slow to react and let in too many soft goals in the last series.

April 21st, 2008, 1:48 pm
I'd rather face the Avs since they aren't as physical as the Flames are. When the Wings play teams like that, anything can happen. Also, I'm glad that they're sticking with Osgood. Hasek seemed slow to react and let in too many soft goals in the last series.

He started the series off well... The dood is something like 43... I think all the traveling and rapid schedule of the playoffs, coupled with the stress of playing a full season of hockey, is playing hell on his old bones... That said, I still think he's the better goalie of the two, when he's rested. We just need to figure out how to manage them both... I wouldn't mind starting Ozzie for a game or two, and going back to a well rested Haskek. It would give Ozzie a break, possibly allow us to sit Ozzie in a tough spell, and IMO should provide a spark to our team.

April 21st, 2008, 3:40 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Oz is a puck killer!!! he should be able to hold up the team for round 2 action..

April 22nd, 2008, 5:44 pm
QB Coach

There's no question in my mind that you don't pull a goalie when he's playing well. History has shown over and over that a team can basically ride a hot goalie all the way to the finals, and sometimes to the cup. As long as Ozzie continues to play well, he has to remain the starter. It's really just as simple as that.

April 22nd, 2008, 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3