View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Nick Lidstrom 
Post Nick Lidstrom
Call me crazy, but personally I don't want him back at any price tag over $4.5 million dollars. He's getting old, he's definitely lost a step, and he's not as physical as he once was (and he wasn't very physical to begin with). I personally don't think he's worth the $6.5-7.5 that he's been making for the last three seasons any longer. If he doesn't come at a discount this time around (a super star discount, he is still a very good player and deserves to be paid as such, $4.5 is a very good salary in the NHL, especially for a defenseman), I say we part ways with him and set our sites on Shae Webber.

May 17th, 2011, 12:33 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Nick Lidstrom
WJB, you are crazy (that was per your request).

May 17th, 2011, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He'll probably win another Norris trophy this year. He's still one of the top 5 best defenseman in the league. Also, isn't Webber a RFA???

May 17th, 2011, 2:26 pm
conversion02 wrote:
He'll probably win another Norris trophy this year. He's still one of the top 5 best defenseman in the league. Also, isn't Webber a RFA???

Who cares? What's it going to cost us, a couple of draft picks? Big deal... He's one of the best defensemen in the league and he's in his mid-20's. Nick is losing speed, he's not as physical as he used to be, and he never was all that physical. Swapping Nick for Webber adds fire, speed, size, strength and some MUCH needed physical play.

May 19th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Lidstrom made $6.2M this past season and I'd imagine that he'd sign for the same amount for another year. My understanding is that the Red Wings won't pay him less than Rafalski's $6M so he'll be the highest paid defenseman on the team. Atleast that was the case last year.

May 22nd, 2011, 8:41 am
slybri19 wrote:
Lidstrom made $6.2M this past season and I'd imagine that he'd sign for the same amount for another year. My understanding is that the Red Wings won't pay him less than Rafalski's $6M so he'll be the highest paid defenseman on the team. Atleast that was the case last year.

Hopefully Rafalski retires and we can keep Nick, pay him less and sign Shea Webber. That's my dream scenario. I could care less about the draft picks and the potential RFA status from Webber. I would love to swing a sign and trade, but I don't know if the NHL is structured that way or not...

May 23rd, 2011, 10:57 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6582660

Looks like Rafalski is going to retire.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 24th, 2011, 8:13 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Also talk about Wings moving to Eastern Conference. I find it good for the team!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 31st, 2011, 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Also talk about Wings moving to Eastern Conference. I find it good for the team!

Haven't they been 'talking' about that for years??? Though I would like it to happen, it won't....at least not until there is another Western Conference team that is as marketable as the Wings are........

May 31st, 2011, 2:28 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Haven't they been 'talking' about that for years??? Though I would like it to happen, it won't....at least not until there is another Western Conference team that is as marketable as the Wings are........

I agree... It's simply not going to happen. It would be great for the team, but the league won't allow it.

On the Nick front... My wish would be to sign Webber and Nick, but at this point in his career I'd take Webber over Nick.

May 31st, 2011, 4:05 pm
QB Coach

With the Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg and to the Western Conference, someone will have to move to the east.

June 1st, 2011, 11:46 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've heard that they're thinking about moving Nashville to the Eastern Conference in 2012-2013.

June 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm
NFL Team Captain

I thought I saw on ESPN that Winnipeg will be playing in the Eastern Conf. :?

June 2nd, 2011, 11:07 pm
RIP Killer

AP wrote:
Nicklas Lidstrom will return to play for the Detroit Red Wings.

The team announced the decision Monday before a scheduled conference call with Lidstrom and general manager Ken Holland.

The 41-year-old Swede, who will return for a 20th season, had considered retiring.

Lidstrom is a Norris Trophy finalist for the 11th time in 13 seasons. If he wins the award for being the NHL's top defenseman — it would be his seventh — he will match Doug Harvey's total and trail Bobby Orr's record by only one.

June 20th, 2011, 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
AP wrote:
Nicklas Lidstrom will return to play for the Detroit Red Wings.

The team announced the decision Monday before a scheduled conference call with Lidstrom and general manager Ken Holland.

The 41-year-old Swede, who will return for a 20th season, had considered retiring.

Lidstrom is a Norris Trophy finalist for the 11th time in 13 seasons. If he wins the award for being the NHL's top defenseman — it would be his seventh — he will match Doug Harvey's total and trail Bobby Orr's record by only one.

1 yr. deal at his old salary. Personally, I think he should have taken less ($5.5 - $6.25), but if he was playing hardball and the decision came down to allowing him to retire or paying him what he made last year I think we made the right call.

The salary cap went up to $64 million, and Rafalski retired. Hopefully we can land Shea Webber and be done with it.

June 20th, 2011, 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next