View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 OILERS: 
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
Post OILERS:
The Oilers have me believing that they are the ones on a mission this season:
When they faught it out and eliminated my Wings.....I was still not believing:
Then they came back on the Sharks being down 0-2 in the series:
Now they are rolling over the Ducks, who rolled over the Avs:

They are playing very physical:
They are keeping a level head even when being out-shot and down on the board or even in the series:
Roli is playing great at goal:
They are putting alot of traffic in front of the net:
They are playing great defense:

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR
*DETROIT SPORTS ADDICT SINCE 1972*

May 26th, 2006, 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I agree and have been rooting for the Edmonton Oilers since they upset the Detroit Red Wings. The better the Oilers do (perhaps winning The Stanley Cup) the better the Red Wings look after being beaten by them. I'm pretty sure the Stanely Cup Finals will be between the Edmonton Oilers and Buffalo Sabres.

May 26th, 2006, 2:30 pm
Profile YIM
Peewee Leaguer

I agree and have been rooting for the Edmonton Oilers since they upset the Detroit Red Wings. The better the Oilers do (perhaps winning The Stanley Cup) the better the Red Wings look after being beaten by them. I'm pretty sure the Stanely Cup Finals will be between the Edmonton Oilers and Buffalo Sabres.

Agreed! Not only that, but it will make getting revenge on them next year that much sweeter! (If we play them in the regular season next year? I still cannot believe that Toronto was not on our schedule this year)

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

May 28th, 2006, 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

I just moved to NC, so I am rooting fot the Canes. They seem to be a real resiliant team. They are a legitimate team, (unlike when they played the wings for the cup). They are using 2 goalies, switching them back and forth when one doesn't do to well. Normally that doesn't work, but it has for them so far. The rookie is getting the nod tonight and hopefully will get the job done.

May 30th, 2006, 11:50 am
Peewee Leaguer

I just moved to NC, so I am rooting fot the Canes. They seem to be a real resiliant team. They are a legitimate team, (unlike when they played the wings for the cup). They are using 2 goalies, switching them back and forth when one doesn't do to well. Normally that doesn't work, but it has for them so far. The rookie is getting the nod tonight and hopefully will get the job done.

If they knock off Buffalo tonight in the do or die game 7, then I wish you luck! Beware Buffalo has seemed to have a get out of jail free card hidden in a pad some where.

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 1st, 2006, 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I'm going with the Oilers.

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 3rd, 2006, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

looks like the Canes are going to take it. Baring some catastraphic collapse. Go CANES :!: :!: :!:

It must be appropriate. The Canes are playing tonight and hurricane Alberto is soaking Raleigh as I write this.

:bananadance:

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 14th, 2006, 9:58 am
Peewee Leaguer

looks like the Canes are going to take it. Baring some catastraphic collapse. Go CANES :!: :!: :!:

It must be appropriate. The Canes are playing tonight and hurricane Alberto is soaking Raleigh as I write this.

:bananadance:

I would'nt count them out just yet! They were down 0-2 and cameback before to win 4 straight; but Good Luck! I would'nt mind seeing Carolina hoist the Cup for their first time! My son is rooting for them (Canes). He's still pissed about the Oilers knocking our Red Wings out.

They should've named this hurricane "Stanley" due to the timing, etc. (smiles)

On the otherside of things Chelios just signed a 1 Year contract to comeback for another season!

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 14th, 2006, 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

I would'nt count them out just yet! They were down 0-2 and cameback before to win 4 straight; but Good Luck! I would'nt mind seeing Carolina hoist the Cup for their first time! My son is rooting for them (Canes). He's still pissed about the Oilers knocking our Red Wings out.

I count them out.

DR_SEN wrote:

i agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DR_SEN wrote:
On the otherside of things Chelios just signed a 1 Year contract to comeback for another season!

That guy never ages, does he? As long as he's productive I have no problem with that. I'd like to see the captain come back also.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 14th, 2006, 2:31 pm
Peewee Leaguer

DR_SEN wrote:

I count them out.

DR_SEN wrote:

i agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DR_SEN wrote:

That guy never ages, does he? As long as he's productive I have no problem with that. I'd like to see the captain come back also.

(smiles) I told you not to count them (Oilers) out just yet: Now a game 6 in EDM is coming: If EDM wins GM 6......then you know that GM 7 is anyones: Carolina let Buffalo hang in there and it almost bit them: If they do the same with Edmonton....well......the Oilers have been finding a way to Win games and Series that they should be out of:
Reguardless of who wins, this has been a pretty good show of Playoff Hockey this year! Quite a few OT's and Quite a few GM 7's!

Chelios is not hitting like he used to; but honestly......I like the guy and am happy that he's coming back for another year!

Yzerman will be back! I'm pretty sure that is a done deal....I think that its two more years? I remember reading something somewhere about him wanting to help Zetterberg grow to perhaps take over Captain-ship when he steps down:

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 14th, 2006, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

The Canes had a chance and didn't put them away. You're right, i hope this doesn't come back and bite them. The Canes won one in Edmonton already so they can do it again.

The canes are hurting (Aaron Ward, whatever he hits, he destroys) and Doug Weight. I hope they are better come game 6.

I was hopeing that they would win it at home. Oh well. Looking forward to the next game.

June 15th, 2006, 9:42 am
Peewee Leaguer

The Oilers have been doing this they're whole playoff run: I don't know how to explain it other than, they seem to hang in there, then jump out of no where and take it: To me it actually seems like a sign of great coaching! It may take them a game or two to adjust the game plan, but they seem to be making the needed adjustments!

No matter who wins GM 7, it has been a great show! Good Luck Monday Eve!

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 18th, 2006, 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

June 19th, 2006, 1:21 am
Profile YIM
Red Shirt Freshman

Go Canes :!: :!: :!: :) :) :D :D :D :) :D :D :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :o :cry: :roll: :wink: :x :shock: :D :)

June 19th, 2006, 12:18 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Go Canes :!: :!: :!: :) :) :D :D :D :) :D :D :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :o :cry: :roll: :wink: :x :shock: :D :)

Well CONGRATS!
Enjoy it now, because next season you'll have my Red Wings to look out for!

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR

June 19th, 2006, 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next