View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 9TH STRAIGHT! 
Varsity 1st Team

Post 9TH STRAIGHT!
DETROIT TIES FRANCHISE MARK WITH 9TH STRAIGHT WIN in a 3-2 defeat against Van!

Last edited by GreyCrow on November 15th, 2006, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 15th, 2006, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

It was a decent game. Det was great in the 1st, then not so good in the 2nd & 3rd and IMO were lucky to come away with the win.

Go Wings!!!
Time for Lord Stanley's Cup to return home to Hockeytown

November 15th, 2006, 2:29 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Dead Wings will still lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.

November 15th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Dead Wings? Them there sir is fighting words where I come from!

And even if they did.....as they did do last season....they WILL STILL be MY TEAM! LETS-GO-RED-WINGS!

November 15th, 2006, 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Hell, at least they made it to the playoffs (and will more than likely at least get through the first round).

That's more than what we expect from the Lions or the Tigers as of late.

The Tigers went to the World Series, the Stones went to the EC Championship, and the Wings make the playoffs and get through a round...that's a pretty successful sporting year for a city. Better than almost every other city in the country.

November 15th, 2006, 10:31 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hell, at least they made it to the playoffs (and will more than likely at least get through the first round).

The Tigers went to the World Series, the Stones went to the EC Championship, and the Wings make the playoffs and get through a round...that's a pretty successful sporting year for a city. Better than almost every other city in the country.

Agreed. Detroit is by far the most underrated sports city in America. We almost held three sports titles at the same time. Thats incredible. :idea:

November 16th, 2006, 12:32 am
Profile WWW
conversion02 wrote:

Agreed. Detroit is by far the most underrated sports city in America. We almost held three sports titles at the same time. Thats incredible. :idea:

Before we get all excited... the Pistons are playing like crap, and the Lions... Well... they're still playing like the Lions...

November 16th, 2006, 2:04 am
Varsity 1st Team

bsand2053 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Before we get all excited... the Pistons are playing like crap, and the Lions... Well... they're still playing like the Lions...

Yes but what about yesterday?
Just within the last 10 years..........

U of M -National Championship
Red Wings -3 Cups and how many playoff runs
Tigers -World Series
Pistons -1 Championship and how many playoff runs
Shock -2 Championships and how many playoff runs
Superbowl XL was played here and atleast a Detroit native won
The MLB All Star game was played here in Detroit
Even our junior teams the Toledo Mud Hens and the Toledo Storm have won Championships!

If we could get the Lions to come around that would be every sports team out of Detroit has either won the Championship, or played for it!
DETROIT IS A GREAT SPORTS TOWN!

November 16th, 2006, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

:roll: :evil: At least they make the playoffs and have WON their championships multiple times, baby!! Dissin' one of Detroit's elite teams smacks of Hateritis coming from a LIONS FAN.

Don't get it twisted; I may be a Bears fan, but I am a HOMEGRRL when it comes to my Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers and WOLVERINES!

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

November 18th, 2006, 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity 1st Team

BillySims wrote:

:roll: :evil: At least they make the playoffs and have WON their championships multiple times, baby!! Dissin' one of Detroit's elite teams smacks of Hateritis coming from a LIONS FAN.

Don't get it twisted; I may be a Bears fan, but I am a HOMEGRRL when it comes to my Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers and WOLVERINES!

AGREED! If we could just get you to convert to being a Lions fan to go along with your Wings-Pistons-Tigers-and Wolverines fanships, you'd be 100% cool in my book instead of just 90% (smiles)

November 19th, 2006, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]