View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Holmstrom doubtful for Game 1 
Modmin Dude

Post Holmstrom doubtful for Game 1
freep.com wrote:
Holmstrom doubtful for Game 1

April 24, 2007

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said Tuesday he doesn't expect to have Tomas Holmstrom available Thursday, when the Wings begin their second-round series against San Jose.

Holmstrom was cut on his left eyelid when he was clipped by Craig Conroy's stick late in Sunday's game at Calgary.

Holmstrom spent Sunday night in hospital, but was able to fly home with the team Monday. Although he looked better Monday, there's still some blood around the eye, and some swelling.

Babcock said he'd know more Wednesday; under any circumstance, the Wings expect to have Holmstrom available at some point during the series.

Johan Franzen might play in Holmstrom's spot with Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk if needed, although Franzen has been a big part of getting the Wings' second line, centered by Robert Lang, going.

Copyright © 2007 Detroit Free Press Inc.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 24th, 2007, 1:31 pm
Junior Varsity

:x I'm relieved the injury wasn't worse than what it seemed (no thanks to those pesky Flames)! I couldn't believe my eyes while I was watching that game; Calgary resorted to desperate and dirty tactics as they saw their season come to an end.

:idea: Get well soon, Tomas!

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

April 25th, 2007, 3:54 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]