View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Ben Wallace 
NFL Team Captain

Post Ben Wallace
Pro Sports Daily.com is reporting that the Chicago Bulls are attempting to deal Ben Wallace. A couple of teams mentioned are the Knicks and the Jazz. Most teams are scared of Big Ben's contract.

It is kind of funny how you can be a superstar with one group of teammates and suddenly become diposable with another. Should we try to bring Ben back or are we betteroff without him? Is Jason Maxeil a more affodable option or do we need to act before the deadline?

IMO Maxeil may become more of an assett then Ben evert was.

February 10th, 2008, 11:38 am
Pretty much everyone on "The Ticket" (97.1 sports talk radio) thinks that:
1) Ben has lost something, perhaps a step, perhaps desire, perhaps a little bit of his physical game, but whatever it is, something is missing from his game...

2) That he's not worth anywhere near his contract; and

3) That he was a consumate locker-room problem while he was here.

To support this they say that he was one of the biggest pre-madona's in the locker-room, that he cried and whined about getting his way, and that he helped foster the "we deserve it" mentality that has seemed to have sucked the desire out of this team. They say that he was a money guy that always wanted a big contract, and he played to get paid... To an extent everyone does that, but he only became defensive after Joe told him he would be a star if he became a great defensive player and he would get paid like a star... Now, after getting paid, he has seemingly lost the incentive to play great.

All that being said, I have a hard time believing it. I had a lot of respect for the way he played, and I never saw most of what they're saying about him. I would love to get him back, because not only does he seem to be missing something, the Pistons seem to be missing something without him. Still, it would be hard to suck up his ENORMOUS salary given his lack of offense, and his new found problems. I don't know what our situation is, but we would seemingly have to dump some salary somewhere to stay under the salary cap. So, unless something can be done about his salary, I think his desire and poor play are moot points. I really don't think we can afford him with our current roster, and I don't see who we could give up and not miss to compensate his salary.

February 10th, 2008, 7:02 pm
RIP Killer

He whined his way out of here and sold out to do so. He took the bigger contract (even though Detroit was going to offer him more than what he deserved).

Now, the Bulls realized they made a mistake and Ben isn't worth half of his contract.

I hope Ben gets straight out released...losing all his salary.

Apparently team chemistry and perennial championship contention means nothing to Ben. Oh well.

February 10th, 2008, 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]