View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2010 Draft Lottery 
NFL Team Captain

Post 2010 Draft Lottery
It is pretty much a done deal that the Stones are going to have a lottery pick.

Now I don't follow basketball too much, I think it had something to do with being a high school senior, 5' 6" (late bloomer) and a white boy. Opps, that sounded racist. Sorry.

What I would like to know, is what do the Pistons need(a bigman?) and depending on how high they pick, who do ya'll think they should pick and why? '

March 19th, 2010, 9:03 pm
League MVP

yeah but too bad they blew it by winning some meaningless games in the last few days...they had a serious chance at taking one of the top 3 picks and couldve solved either there PG or frontcourt problems...now they are looking at the #7 pick

April 17th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Re: 2010 Draft Lottery
Stones are picking 7 and it looks like they will probably take a big man. They have the worst frontcourt in the league. When your starting center is 6'9" Ben Wallace (age 36) at 6'7" Jason Maxiell you've got problems. The draft has a lot of big men. Notice I didn't say good big men. DeMarcus Cousins is 6'11" and about 280lbs. He does have a lot of maturity and weight concerns that might scare off some teams. Greg Monroe is another big body that might be a good fit, but he's not the offensive threat you'd want. Same thing with Ekpe Udoh. Cole Aldrich = Eric Montross/ Greg Ostertag.

They could also use a point guard, but Joe D is convinced that Stuckey can play the 1. He's much better playing off the ball, IMO.

June 16th, 2010, 1:14 pm
RIP Killer

Good thing we used the 2nd overall pick on a big man we later traded away... for trash.

June 16th, 2010, 1:15 pm
I'm not that concerned that we don't have a great or even a good C. The league has a big void at C right now. I would rather draft talent than a position. IMO all of the big guys at the top of the draft have "bust" written all over them.

June 16th, 2010, 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]