View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 11:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Miami is LeBron's Team 
Author Message
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:
Call it a weak excuse, but it was EVERYONES "reason" before the season that they wouldn't win it. Sorry, but it was clearly noted many times they wouldn't win right away by pretty much all major sports writers on the subject. It's not an after the fact excuse, it was a clear agreement by all major parties. Only Miami fans and the team thought they'd dominate right away.


Everyone? Hogwash, there were plenty of prognosticators who picked the Heat after the "Decision". Miami was the 7-5 favorite in Vegas to win the championship after getting James and Bosh (Lakers were second at 7-2 while Dallas was a 25-1 longshot). The Heat were also the favorites by mid season and again before the series started.

I like your revisionist history, however, to try to support your weak excuse. So you are telling me a team doesn't know how to play together after 100+ games? They have played the equivilant over six NFL season by now - gesh steensn!


There were even some yo yo's who predicted the Heat would win 70 games plus and break the Bulls record of 72.

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


June 13th, 2011, 4:38 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
steensn wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
steensn wrote:
Play it however you like it, I don't care. There is no revisionist history going on, this was a clear statement by a ton of sports writers. Not many thought they would succeed right away the first year and stated it clearly multiple times. I don't know why you like being a contrarian, but you're dead wrong.


Are you kidiing? I heard 75-80 wins a retarded amount of times before the season started. You stament here is filled with something stinky Steensn. And you cant say the press wasn't eating the cornbread when even Vegas had them as the #1 or #2 seed in the chamionships.


Yes, Vegas sets number based on trying to even out the bets on each side. The Heat had a lot of public opinion pushing people to put money on them. Heck, I think I saw one person who said they were driving to Vegas now (at the time LeBron signed) to put money down.

If you guys didn't pay attention to the predictions at that time it isn't my problem. Facts are facts, there was much hoopla about how they weren't going to win right away. Either pay attention or don't play the game...


You talk about facts yet your post always lack them, why is that? I put in Vegas odds, where are your facts again.

Fact - how bout LeBron before the season - "Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven," talking about Championships...

Once again, you are wrong and you provide no facts. Truth is, most of the predictions before the season were a Heat vs. Lakers final (and most had the Heat winnng).

Steensn, what to you call this alternative universive you live in? Where are your facts again? These facts are fact?

Fact, I've reread your post five times now and failed to find a single fact.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 13th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Look, Vegas odds have been discussed and explained here many times. They betters to even out bets so Vegas makes money. They are playing the betters, not the game. Let's not get into this again, look it up, it's there.

And you want to call me out of lacking facts? Really? You guys talk of LeBron not being there in the 4th quater because you watched one series... who posted the stats about the WHOLE SEASON? Seriously, you guys are starting to say just about anything to disagree... even make stuff up.

Articles regarding Heat needing time to win:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03588.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02243.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... oundtable/

Just go search the predicitons. At least every other one say a super team never hit th eground outta the gate. If you don't like the three I posted go find ones ones you do.

You can disagree all you want, but the FACT is it isn't revisionist history as you ignorantly pointed out. It is CLEARLY something brough up before and something I agreed with. You can find people who thought just about anything you want about them, before the season including LOTS of people who noted and stated they needed more than a season to put it all together.

Those are the facts... disagree with the opinion all you want, just don't lie about where it came from.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 13th, 2011, 5:28 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
steensn wrote:
No one expected them to win this year, well at least most people. NBA Finals is a good first year ending.


OK, so you are changing your tune from NBA Championship predictions to saying people thought they needed some time out of the gate?

Thanks for your articles (errr, facts), lets see:

Article 1 - no NBA championship predictions
Article 2 - 7 reasons why they might not win the Championship, he predicted who would win? Oh wait, he didn't.
Article 3 - lets take some of the quotes here:

IAN THOMSEN: "But they're going to basically kill everybody"

CHRIS MANNIX: "Ian's right: Miami is going to run away with the top seed in the East. I'm thinking 70 wins is a nice number with a legitimate chance at toppling the Bulls' record 72-win mark."

THOMSEN: "This is one area where I'm going to differ with Chris -- they aren't going to break the Bulls' record."

JENKINS: "Chris raises a good point in that the Heat's flaws -- if they even have any"

I'm surprised the Heat didn't end up in the NBA lottery according to these experts. :oops:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 13th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2817
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Article one - Wilbon stated they'd have issues once he saw the preseason and first game. Which is exactly what I said. When they first signed Lebron, even the Big 3 said if they didn't win it'd be a disappointment. Everyone said they'd win. Wilbon just made the point that it wasn't just gonna happen, it would take work.

Article two - same thing. Preseason pointed out the issues and people started doubting.

Article three - did you read that? everyone predicted that there lack of size could be an issue, but no one in that article said they wouldn't win it all. One even pointed out the very issue with the stats that you posted earlier... The regular season against inferior opponents were going to mask the problems that would become evident in the playoffs.

James is a great talent that can't close and can't deal with pressure. Because of that he won't ever win. He hurts his team. His nickname went from the chosen one to the frozen one. I could care less what Vegas says or not, he CAN'T win. He's a regular season all-star, but in the post season, his 7 seasons has showed him as someone who disappears at the crucial moment.

Miami can win a title next season. How? Trade Lebron straight up for Dwight Howard.


June 13th, 2011, 5:56 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Uggg... you are all over the map changing what I said. I said in VERY basic terms many poeple said they needed time to pull things together. Many people also said they would be the greatest team of al time out of the gate. Guess who was wrong?

Let's get some of the FULL quotes together shall we... just so people see what they really said:

"THOMSEN: This is one area where I'm going to differ with Chris -- they aren't going to break the Bulls' record. Those Bulls had been together a long time, which gave them an advantage of being able to play off each other effortlessly. Miami won't have that strength of understanding."

I just posted 3 articles that mentioned the fact they would/could need time to get it together. If you want to nitpick it into something it isn't be my guest but it just proves my point regarding being a contrarian. There are hundreds of article blatentyl saying they need time or mentioning they might not gel right away. Make it what you want, but it shows what I said is NOT a revisionist stance which is how this whole things started. If you want to make it more than that I'm done...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 13th, 2011, 5:56 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
njroar wrote:
Article three - did you read that?


Yes I did... geez. You and Pablo need to stop making my post into something they are not. All I was proving is that it was mentioned BEFORE the season started that they would need time. That is it. I don't care if they talked about Miami winning 100% of their games in the same breath.

The ONLY thing I am showing that TONS of people mentioned it as being an issue and that is why I brought it up. That is is, nothing more... no need to make this into an ordeal. I didn't even say anything contradictory to begin with to start this out.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 13th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
steensn wrote:
Yes I did... geez. You and Pablo need to stop making my post into something they are not.


When you claim something is a FACT and then can't back it up you are going to get called out.

Here is a FACT, LeBron was -24 in the plus/minus in an elimation game yesterday. FACT, that was the worst plus on the team. FACT, Miami was a plus 14 when James wasn't on the court.

I don't think Miami needs to learn to play together, they did so quite well - when LeBron wasn't on the court. The guy look afraid of the ball for much of the series and tried to disappear whenever the game was on the line. He was lost.

As a Mavs fan, Miami scared me whenever James wasn't on the court. When he was in the game, especially in the 4th quarter, I was hoping he would have the ball in his hands every single time. Not Chalmers, or Haslem, or House, or Miller (and certainly not Wade or Bosh) - but LeBron James. The annointed King. That is who we Mavs fans wanted to make decisions, and better yet take the shot.

Don't blame this on Miami needing to learn how to play like a team, either put blame where it belongs (on LeBron) or give credit to Dallas.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 13th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Pablo wrote:
or give credit to Dallas.


Ah, that is where this is coming from. You want me to give credit to Dallas... you must have missed this:

"It was obvious the Mavs played together better with more heart."

I can find more than one reason for things ending the way they did and I'll list them:


(1) After showing up all year, LeBron disappeared in the Finals and didn't perform
(2) The thought that the big three were so talented that if one didn't show up they could still dominate is an incredibly silly thought
(3) The Mavs played together as a team
(4) The Heat didn't play as a team
(5) The Mavs played with clearly more desire and more heart than the Heat
(6) Spoelstra needs to learn how to adjust gameplans instaed of running the same one all year rain or shine.

One of these by themselves wouldn't create what we saw, it is clear mix of all of these. To pull from this that LeBron sucks or the Heat needs to call it quits after the first season seems stupid to me. Reality seems to be a mix of things happened to bring about what we saw... no minimizing what the Mavs accomplished and no minimizing what the Heat need to improve for next year.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 13th, 2011, 7:46 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... -cavaliers

Quote:
CLEVELAND -- Could LeBron James see himself playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers again? He won't rule it out and said that if he decided to return someday he hopes the town's famously scorned fans would accept him back.

James qualified it all by saying he's happy playing for the championship-contending Miami Heat. But making his third return to Cleveland since his high-profile free-agency departure, hard feelings seem to be thawing from James' perspective.

"I think it would be great, it would be fun to play in front of these fans again," James said after the Heat's practice Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena.

"I had a lot of fun times here. You can't predict the future. Hopefully you continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule that out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."

Dwyane Wade, who helped convince James to leave Cleveland two years ago, admitted he could see James coming back -- but not in the near future.

"Anything is possible," Wade said. "Hopefully I'm retired."

James, who is under contract with the Heat for two more seasons with an option for two more, also seemed to extend an olive branch to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. The two have taken various high-profile shots at each other since James' departure in July of 2010. The most memorable was Gilbert's rambling open letter to Cavs fans the night James announced his decision on ESPN.

"I don't hold grudges, I hold them a little bit but I don't hold them that long," James said. "He said what he said out of anger. He probably would want to take that back, but I made a mistake, too. There's some things I'd want to take back as well. You learn from your mistakes and move on."


SportsNation: LeBron and Cleveland
Is there any situation under which LeBron James could return to Cleveland? What's your opinion on James?

James and Gilbert have not talked since the Cavs' free-agent meeting with James on July 3, 2010. The two were in a collective bargaining negotiating session in New York for several hours last fall but did not speak. James said there hadn't been any attempts by either side to patch things up.

But time and circumstance seem to be closing the wounds. The Cavs drafted former Duke player Kyrie Irving with the No. 1 overall pick last year, as well as Tristan Thompson with the No. 4 pick. Thompson is represented by one of James' closest friends, Rich Paul. James still spends his offseason living in nearby Akron, where most of his family still resides.

But could he play for Gilbert?

"Dan is not the coach," he said. "I can play for any coach. We'll see what happens."

Attempts to reach Gilbert were unsuccessful.

James acknowledged he has changed and is enjoying hoops the way he once did.

"I'm back to how I was in Cleveland, having fun with the game, appreciating the game, loving the game and playing at a high level," he said. "I got away from that last year. It was a difficult year for me last year, making the whole transition, on and off the floor, going through everything I went through.

"I just got back to how I got to this point, back to playing the way I know how to play."



I had a lot of fun times [in Cleveland]. ... I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule [a return] out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me.


-- LeBron James on Cavs return

Miami coach Erik Spoelstra has seen a renewal in James, who he believes will one day be warmly recognized by Cavs fans for his time in Cleveland.

"Time heals a lot of things and LeBron had many special years here," Spoelstra said. "There probably will be a time in the future where he will be embraced and acknowledged for the great run that they had here. It's a new chapter for their organization and they've got a bright future ahead."

James' comments about a return to Cleveland caught former teammate Antawn Jamison off guard.

"It surprises me that he's saying that now," said Jamison, who played 25 games with James in 2010 after coming over in a trade. "Three years down the road it wouldn't surprise me if he entertains the idea. But hey, after the first go-round, I don't think anything would surprise you as far as scenarios taking place."

Cavs guard Daniel Gibson can't envision Cleveland fans ever receiving James warmly again.

"I don't think he'd be welcome," Gibson said. "Not with the way that went down. It was a pretty tough situation. I'm sure they wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all."

James still expects to be booed heavily when the Heat play against the Cavs Friday night, but doesn't think it'll have the same effects as last year.

"It doesn't sting anymore," James said. "The booing isn't as bad as it was last year so it's not even a big deal."

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


February 17th, 2012, 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Water Boy

Joined: March 23rd, 2012, 9:51 am
Posts: 5
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
LeBron James going to the Miami Heat was the best decision that he could possibly have made. Many people thought that he would take the backseat to Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, but instead he joined the two and formed the dream team (Bosh, James, Wade). If the Heat keeps playing the way they are, then I think they have a chance of making it far in the playoffs, and possibly the Championships!


May 3rd, 2012, 2:44 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Dlions101 wrote:
LeBron James going to the Miami Heat was the best decision that he could possibly have made. Many people thought that he would take the backseat to Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, but instead he joined the two and formed the dream team (Bosh, James, Wade). If the Heat keeps playing the way they are, then I think they have a chance of making it far in the playoffs, and possibly the Championships!


James permanently hurt his reputation with the "announcement". His subsequent choke job in the playoffs last year didn't help. Nor did his childish behavior mocking Dirk's sickness or his quotes about how much better his life was than the rest of us.

The Heat already won a championship with D-Wade, so big deal if they win one with James and Bosh - it is too be expected.

Had he won in his hometown and with the team that drafted him, that would have been special and he would have been idolized forever. He is now forever a villian - a role he doesn't seem to relish.

I have to disagree!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 3rd, 2012, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Pablo wrote:
Dlions101 wrote:
LeBron James going to the Miami Heat was the best decision that he could possibly have made. Many people thought that he would take the backseat to Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, but instead he joined the two and formed the dream team (Bosh, James, Wade). If the Heat keeps playing the way they are, then I think they have a chance of making it far in the playoffs, and possibly the Championships!


James permanently hurt his reputation with the "announcement". His subsequent choke job in the playoffs last year didn't help. Nor did his childish behavior mocking Dirk's sickness or his quotes about how much better his life was than the rest of us.

The Heat already won a championship with D-Wade, so big deal if they win one with James and Bosh - it is too be expected.

Had he won in his hometown and with the team that drafted him, that would have been special and he would have been idolized forever. He is now forever a villian - a role he doesn't seem to relish.

I have to disagree!


I agree completely. I don't think Lebron HAD to stay in Cleaveland (there was talk that he was going to leave no matter what due to all of that drama about his Mom), but IMO he picked the worst possible scenario. Now no one outside of Miami really likes the Heat (except for the typical azzhat contrarian), they're looked at as primadonnas, and most of the country wants them to lose. They've essentially turned free agency on its head, teaming up and forming little cohorts and groups to figure out where they want to play, and their immaturity shows in other aspects of the game. I hope Lebron never wins a ring.


May 3rd, 2012, 3:22 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.