View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Who should the Pistons draft? 

Poll ended at June 29th, 2012, 2:32 pm
PF John Henson, North Carolina 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
PF Perry Jones, Baylor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C Andre Drummond, Connecticut 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C Tyler Zeller, North Carolina 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

RIP Killer

Post Who should the Pistons draft?
I don't follow the NBA draft very close, but all signs are pointing to the Stones taking a big man. The most buzz I hear is Detroit taking Henson, but if Drummon falls that could be a strong possibility as well.

Thoughts?

June 28th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Who should the Pistons draft?
I'm really hoping for Terrence Jones out of Kentucky. We need a swing player who can go toe to toe with the best SFs in the NBA. Jones is a very unselfish player who has a very complete offensive skillset and plays good defense. If he falls to where he's projected to go(15-17 range) he will be a STEAL. If we get Jones, we'd be set at PG(Knight), SF(Jones), PF(Monroe) and maybe SG(baby Huey). Than hopefully get lucky with a couple big men in the second rd.

Jae Crowder would be an OK pick too but I really like Terrence Jones

June 28th, 2012, 4:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

it worked out for them as well as possible . if they think lawrence frank is worth anything this is the right pick. they could have played it a little safer but thats not going to get them very far. they need to roll the dice a little and get someone who can boost attendance and make a big impact.

June 28th, 2012, 9:13 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

it would have been really exciting if the pistons had bounced back into the bottom of the 1st round and grabbed perry jones, even later they missed on quincy miller by one pick and it was clear from the predraft workouts that they wanted him. i dont know much about the 2nd round picks. middleton has drawn comparisons to rip hamilton with a good midrange game but thats a comparison and we know that he s nowhere near as good as hamilton. ive seen kim english play and he s a great outside shooter but not somebody i thought would be an nba player.

With Drummond coming on, I would think they make a push for one more season of Ben Wallace. Hopefully that doesnt doom Drummond to Wallace's offensive game but Wallace could get Drummond to work on his aggressiveness and defense.

Projected 2012-3 lineup?

C Monroe/Drummond/Wallace (Drummond probably cant start right away but hopefully becomes the starting C w Monroe at PF)
PF Maxiell/Jerebko/Villanueva/ (Maxiell gone in a yr, Jerebko a keeper as a rotational player, Amnesty CV?)
SF Prince/Middleton/Daye (Can Daye be traded for a future 2nd rd pick? Will Singler play this year?)
SG Stuckey/Maggette/English Jr (Maybe Maggette should start wtih Stuckey as a combo backup but we ll only have CM for a year)
PG Knight/Bynum

Really, its still a bad team for the upcoming season and the only way they can get better is through the improvement of Knight and Monroe. I dont expect any sort of veteran signing except possibly a big man for depth if Wallace doesnt return. This team isnt ready to add long term salary at this point. Best case scenario they can find a taker for Maggette or Maxiell near the trading deadline to someone in contention who needs a little scoring or some toughness but its unlikely they get anything for those two. They could Amnesty Villanueva but then they still pay him the money, probably dont use the cap room to sign anybody worthwhile and cant use his contract as a trade chip in a year.

I feel like they have gotten lucky with where they have been picking and getting some reasonably exciting young players but are still doing a poor job accumulating assets via trades or finding anything in the 2nd round. What are the plans with Prince? Is he someone they think can contribute on a team rebuilt for the playoffs or did they just sign him bc they didnt have a starting small forward? Same with Stuckey - in my mind he s not a starting SG or PG on a playoff type team, but he could be an excellent 3rd guard on such a team. Its amazing to me how bad the Pistons have been but have not had a pick higher than 7.
Hopefully Dumars decimates the team at the trading deadline, really lets the younger players play more in the 2nd half of the season and they get some experience but really play themselves into the top 5 picks and get a bigtime athletic shooting guard/small forward type. Once they get that player - I could see them adding some things in Free Agency and by then most of the bad contracts will be gone.

June 29th, 2012, 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]