View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anyone still care about these guys? 
League MVP

Post Anyone still care about these guys?
Should be a big offseason for them with $35million in cap space available, plus Villanueva and Stuckey's contracts set to expire after the 2013-14 season (could be used as trade chips with a team over the luxury cap), along with hiring a new coach. If Dumars has any ability left as a GM, this is his time to shine. Its too complicated for me to predict anything with any kind of certainty but it looks the Pistons will be picking 7th as a result of some useless wins down the stretch. They need to find a starting SF, SG or PG with All-Star potential. They may have played themselves out of a chance at Otto Porter, Trey Burke and Victor Oladipo but those are 3 players I like for the Pistons.

As for the current mix, it has plenty of holes. There are only 2 bonafide NBA starters with Drummond and Monroe. Calderon could start for a good team but already 31yo, I would only consider him for less than $6mill/season. Singler should probably be a reserve SG/SF and Knight should probably be a bench shooter/defensive stopper but either may have to start again next season. There is no starting caliber guard on the current roster outside of Calderon (who is a FA). Middleton is worth holding onto for another year as he seemed to come on towards the end and is at minimum a pure shooter. Jerebko also showed some of his past flashes but he hasnt been the same since the Achilles injury. Kravsov barely played but the team will still need some backup bigs. He ll have to play more next season and Jerebko will have to give them some PF minutes. Bynum was a good find by Joe Dumars but they never really had the right team to fully appreciate his skills - he probably moves on to another opportunity. Maxiell never really developed an offensive game and worsened as a defender, I doubt he makes any team's rotation again. I still see a lot of talent in Stuckey but he s an individual and not part of a good team. They need to move Stuckey this offseason. Charlie V had a few decent games this year but he doesnt board, play defense or much of a team game though he isnt the cancer Stuckey is. Maybe Charlie V actually plays his final year as a Piston.

Id assume they get a starter in the draft, one via free agency or a trade, and have to start either Knight/Singler at a spot where they ll have to fill the following season. Probably could add a backup big man this offseason and thats about all you could ask for in one offseason. At least the contract situations give the Pistons some flexibility.

Whatever they do, Im seeing .500 at best for next season, playoff appearance maybe a year later but true contention Im skeptical of unless they land a true star or Andre Drummond becomes what Amare Stoudemire was supposed to be.

April 20th, 2013, 8:06 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Anyone still care about these guys?
I agree with what you're saying, but I honestly don't give a crap about the NBA anymore. It's been about 4 years since I honestly gave a flying crap. The game is so superstar centered in a me-first league, it's annoying.

April 21st, 2013, 6:17 am
League MVP

Post Re: Anyone still care about these guys?
conversion02 wrote:
I agree with what you're saying, but I honestly don't give a crap about the NBA anymore. It's been about 4 years since I honestly gave a flying crap. The game is so superstar centered in a me-first league, it's annoying.

any hopes that may change with stern's commissioner-ship ending?

April 21st, 2013, 7:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]