View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Darko interview 
Modmin Dude

Post Darko interview
Sounds like he's growing up a bit. Hopefully he will get some real playing time this year. The kid has talent, he just needs to get some playing time to get into the flow of things.

http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/milicic_nebojsa.htm

July 12th, 2005, 9:53 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I like the guy.. I was a little disappointed that he didn't get much playing time during the season to have him better prepared to help us in the playoffs. Call me a homer.. but I think if he would have been given the oppurtunity to play this post season after averaging around 10mins a game during the reg. season he could of came off the bench like McDyess did and help us win another championship.

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 12th, 2005, 11:49 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Great article. We need to remember, the kid is still just 20 years old. He seems to be maturing some, but that is to be expected. I would love to see the kid backup some of that with his play on the court. I just don't feel his heart is in it. He needs to be more motivated on the court. Hopefully, this summer will be a turning point for him. We shall see.

Tim

July 12th, 2005, 3:05 pm
Modmin Dude

I would love to see the kid backup some of that with his play on the court. I just don't feel his heart is in it. He needs to be more motivated on the court. Hopefully, this summer will be a turning point for him. We shall see.
I'd like to see him get an honest chance to show what he can do on the court. The last 5 mins of a game is not enough time. They have to put him in in the first half, start rotating him in like the rest of the bench.

July 12th, 2005, 3:36 pm

I'd like to see him get an honest chance to show what he can do on the court. The last 5 mins of a game is not enough time. They have to put him in in the first half, start rotating him in like the rest of the bench.

I agree.

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 12th, 2005, 4:22 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

LVSL suggests there is a reason Brown refused to play him until the game was decided. On the other hand Maxiel is above all other rookies there.

July 12th, 2005, 5:18 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

LVSL suggests there is a reason Brown refused to play him until the game was decided. On the other hand Maxiel is above all other rookies there.

Darko has not played very well in the summer league so far. Maxiell, on the other hand, has been a bright spot so far.

Tim

July 12th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Darko has not played very well in the summer league so far. Maxiell, on the other hand, has been a bright spot so far.

Well damn, I was hoping he'd play well. :?

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 12th, 2005, 6:00 pm

I did not think certain parts of that interview were too mature. The guards should feed me more? He is the second over all pick. His game should not depend on what scrub players do. I guess there is a reason Larry did not play him much.

Amir Johnson is coming on strong.

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/box_score.cfm?game=43

July 14th, 2005, 9:18 pm
Bubbles the Lion

There is a simple reason for this.Darko plays soft,he doesn't like contact.
He does possess a very good skill set for his size,but if he doesn't toughen up it won't matter.

July 16th, 2005, 6:05 pm

I think you are right, although I have never seen him play for real. If he would just concentrate of rebounding and defense everything else would key off that. Since Amir looks like a grade A prospect I would trade Darko.

July 19th, 2005, 9:06 pm
QB Coach

There is a simple reason for this.Darko plays soft,he doesn't like contact.
He does possess a very good skill set for his size,but if he doesn't toughen up it won't matter.

Good thoughts!

Welcome to the board david! :idea:

July 19th, 2005, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

Due to his famous moniker of "The Human Victory Cigar" his trade value is fairly low I would suppose,Nowhere near what would be expected for the 2nd pick OVERALL in the entire draft.Dumars also would have to admit to buying fool's gold in the top 10 again(Rodney White).Darko will be here, unless he leaves after his contract is up in two years(I think).

Yorick as far as Darko playing for real.He has said it bother's him for fans to call his name in blowouts(I'm sure that does affect one's pride).

His upside is huge and I think he'll tap into some not all of it.Darko will be good just not DOMINATE.A notch or two above Vlade Divac in his heyday,and that's not too bad.

July 19th, 2005, 10:23 pm

I guess the x-factor is the new coach, but I am smelling William Bentley? Wasn't that the #3 over all pick we traded for only to end up in prison for cocaine abuse?

A notch below Vlade I would take. Vlade was crafty. I doubt Darko has his bb IQ, despite much better athleticism.

July 19th, 2005, 10:30 pm
Bubbles the Lion

I guess the x-factor is the new coach, but I am smelling William Bentley? Wasn't that the #3 over all pick we traded for only to end up in prison for cocaine abuse?

William Bedford 7 foot center Memphis St.

Jack McCloskey had it bad for this guy.

July 19th, 2005, 11:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]