View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 LB's Dream Job 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post LB's Dream Job
I guess the Pistons was not his last stop evidenced by his expression of the Knicks being his "dream job" during the season. Careful what you wish for Larry! Sure, LB is at his best in helping bad teams win. Still, you have to figure that Marbury and a 7 PF team will be hard nut to crack for him. When you figure in the lack of salary cap flexibility even with bye bye Houston, well you have to wonder if his bladder will not be aching sooner or later.

July 21st, 2005, 9:11 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pis ... 050721.htm

Wow, LB has lost my respect. He refused to resign to force a severance payment. Low class. I will be ready for training camp, but I will shut it down in the middle of the season? I do not want to resign, but I do not want an executive position? This guy is twisted. Good riddance!

July 21st, 2005, 9:22 pm
Site Admin

LB knew what he wanted and how to get it. All the talk out of Joe Glass was and Larrys sentiments were all to attempt to protect his character which he himself has hurt. If you truly feel you might miss a significant portion of the season with a championship calibur team and will not take on additional help for your coaching staff then you have only your interest in mind and not the team.

The Pistons did seemingly attempt to make it work by offering everything but Joe Ds job...

Really sucks cause I liked Larry.

Whether Larry flirted with those teams during the season or his contact with Cleveland was as big as it seemed is not really the point...the point is he did not kill those stories in a way that would lead you to believe they were false. His actions IMO indicated his intentions and it seemed he wanted those stories out there to force the Pistons hand. He is now getting 7 million from us and 50 to 60 million from the Knicks over the next 5 years...his kids will NEVER have to work a day in their lives.

The worst part is that I believe in the "Right Way" he preaches about on the court but I do not think he lives by those same principles. But hell...he is set and so are his kids so what do I know dontknow.gif

July 22nd, 2005, 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Call me biased, but I believe Joe D when he said LB's agent indicated that Larry may need to shut it down midseason and we would need to find a replacement at that point. LB's agent Joe Glass (aka Joe "Blow" in my book) denied that he ever said that. I think that guy is a snake and makes Larry look even worse IMO.

Mr. D runs a class organization. So I can understand his frustrations and the comment he made regarding Larry "not being a good person". He likes guys who are loyal.

Let's hope Flip can come in and get the respect of the players. He has Chauncey on his side already, which is key. I truly want Flip to stay here for all 4 years of his contract. I'm getting tired of these press conferences. :x

Tim

July 22nd, 2005, 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]