View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Brown to Knicks 
Varsity 1st Team

Post Brown to Knicks
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2117399

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

July 27th, 2005, 10:29 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I wonder if this will be his "last" stop. No doubt he will fulfill his contract with Marbury heaving the trophy. Larry is a glutton-for punishment.

July 27th, 2005, 11:27 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I see it being his last stop only because he is up there in age at 64.

If he gets these malcontents to the finals, then he really is the best coach ever!

Tim

July 27th, 2005, 11:30 am
Site Admin

Guy is a great coach no doubt...they will be a much better team...but we are talking about a team that had no decent coach aside from a over and done with L.Wilkens.

July 27th, 2005, 11:34 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Brown is a great coach, but obviously he is not without his flaws. I like to say your flaws are a mirror of your virtues. Brown has a great record of turning around laggard teams quickly. However, I would argue that the knicks situation is different in several important respects. First, even a good coach's success is tied to his players, and NY's roster is not only talent deprived but poorly structured. Second, a teacher requires pupils. By all accounts he is inheriting a class of blow offs. Yes, if he makes the playoffs it will be one of his best performances ever. Do not forget how LB did with Olympians and how good the Pistons were before he arrived. Zeke got himself a big name, but my money is that by the end of the year, one way or another, Brown will be out and collecting on his payday. Buyer beware.

July 27th, 2005, 11:55 am
Site Admin

Playoffs will be tougher than the last few years in the East...with Chicago, Cleveland, and Washington all improving dramatically and tough playoff teams like Detroit, Miami, Indiana and the borderline teams line Boston, Philly, and New Jersey.

GL Larry...but he thusfar has no legit 4 or 5 on his team :roll:

July 27th, 2005, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

GL Larry...but he thusfar has no legit 4 or 5 on his team

You could also argue that he does not have a legit 1 on his roster.....at least by Larry's standards :lol:

Tim

July 27th, 2005, 12:56 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Larry Brown is arguebly the best coach in NBA histroy and I even argued with somebody about that on FootballsFuture. But, I hate this guy, I really do; he just has to make it look like we kicked him for no apparent reason.... We all knew he would coach the Knicks, no doubt about it!

Michael Huff for DROY

July 27th, 2005, 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LB said that he was delaying accepting the job (reportedly offered to him while he was still the Stones coach) because he didn't like the roster Isiah had put together. He said he didn't like the roster or the talent on that roster, which was leaving him with a tough decision.

What an a-hole. He said this was his dream job, etc, and then almost wasn't going to take it because they were a crappy team when he got the offer for his dream job??? Someone needs to tea-bag this clown.

July 27th, 2005, 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]