View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dale Davis!!?? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Dale Davis!!??
OMG!! What are the Pistons thinking? Just checked out www.prosportsdaily.com and Dale Davis is rumored to be close to signing a 2-year deal with the Pistons!! Big mistake!! We don't need Dale Davis!! We need a backup SG/SF!! If we sign Davis he will be our 14th and final roster spot (assuming Johnson and Acker aren't sent down to the NBDL)!! That means the Pistons forfeit going after Michael Finley or Jalen Rose (if he is waived!! What are the Pistons thinking!??

August 20th, 2005, 12:10 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity 1st Team

Let Dumars do his job, he knows what he is doing other wise he wouldn't be making this move.

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

August 21st, 2005, 12:00 pm
QB Coach

Oh my! Why are we trading Grant Hill?! What is Dumars thinking? Why are we getting a malcontent in Rasheed Wallace? Antonio McDyess is never going to be a player again in this league!

August 21st, 2005, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

This is an unsubstantiated rumor. The Pistons are in the thick of the Finley sweepstakes. If they lose, Davis might be one option.

August 21st, 2005, 4:45 pm

Should we take Davis over Sprewell? And is there any chance Jalen Rose will still be waived?

August 21st, 2005, 5:46 pm
Profile YIM
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

No chance on Jalen. Well, he could be waived, but the deadline for deducting his luxury tax fee has passed, so it would be silly to do it now. They are going after Finley because he is the only one really worth difference maker money. If they do not get him they should keep the money and work a trade later.

August 21st, 2005, 6:20 pm

Dale Davis will be a good signing... He'll do great in the playoffs; also he's replacing Campbell anyways. We need a big man with Veteran Leadership, end of story...

Michael Huff for DROY

August 21st, 2005, 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post DALE DAVIS IS A PISTON!!
IT IS OFFICIAL!! DALE DAVIS HAS SIGNED WITH THE PISTONS!! HE SIGNED LAST NIGHT!!

August 23rd, 2005, 12:45 pm
Profile YIM
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That really ends any chance of signing Finely with no mid level expection.

We still need a Microwave on our bench. Maybe one of the Brothers Carlos or the rookies can be that.

August 23rd, 2005, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

We still need a Microwave on our bench. Maybe one of the Brothers Carlos or the rookies can be that.

I believe that Carlos Delfino will turn the corner this year with LB gone and out of his hair. This guy has some talent. Ginobili even said he was right there with him as far as talent when they both played for the Argentine National Team.

As for Davis, the signing makes sense to Dumars. And I trust Joe's judgement. He is adding another veteran big man that will help us in the playoffs against Shaq. This is smart. Davis will provide leadership, defense, rebounding, and 6 fouls!

Tim

August 23rd, 2005, 1:13 pm
Varsity 1st Team

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pis ... 050823.htm

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

August 24th, 2005, 1:10 am
Site Admin

Dale Davis is fine for a bench guy but not exactly helping the Pistons imporve at all. He did average about 7pts and 8-9 boards a game...that's is not shabby bench numbers at all. But we need a Jalen Rose if we want to win it all :? We are basically standing pat while others improve...

August 24th, 2005, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW

Dale Davis is fine for a bench guy but not exactly helping the Pistons imporve at all. He did average about 7pts and 8-9 boards a game...that's is not shabby bench numbers at all. But we need a Jalen Rose if we want to win it all We are basically standing pat while others improve...

Alpha, while it is true we haven't added any significant players, I'm not too sure that we will not be improved. We will be returning are starting 5 plus our top 2 bench players. Davis will give us a big body in the playoffs and allow Ben some rest in the regular season. And trust me when I tell you, Carlos Delfino and Carlos Arroyo will both be better this season. Neither player got much praise or playing time from LB. Both these players can play and Flip will give them the chance to prove themselves. Darko will also have a chance for some playing time as well this season, and he can't go no where but up.

For a better perspective on this, here is a Free Press article from Michael Rosenberg with some good points:

http://www.freep.com/sports/rosenberg/r ... 050824.htm

Tim

August 24th, 2005, 3:27 pm
Site Admin

I suppose I cannot see Delfino or Darko really having an impact large enough to push the Pistons over the top. Arroyo is pretty good but did basically nothing in the playoffs to show any real hope for greatness. True Flip may play to their strengths more but who knows. I Maxiel has more of a chance to be impact over some of those guys. A much better Delfino will help us though because he can backup up Tayshaun and Rip and we were missing that sorely last year. If Prince went down we were running 3 gaurds and that was just not a good spot to be in.

August 24th, 2005, 3:45 pm
Profile WWW

Maxiel has more of a chance to be impact over some of those guys

I hear you on that. Maxiell was a beast in summer league play....

Tim

August 24th, 2005, 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next