View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Pistons fans embarass the city of Detroit 
RIP Killer

Post Pistons fans embarass the city of Detroit
Guys, I have never seen anything like this. This is embarassing for the City who will now be known as the worst fans in the country, surpassing Philly.

Rolando - I read your post and saw you were at the game, it sounds like you made it out of there ok - that must have been scary.

Ron Artest is an idiot. I can't believe he went after that guy - who still had is drink in his hand btw. The Pacers players have to show more restraint than that.

That big guy in the Pistons shirt who came out on the floor to take on Artest was crazy and got creamed by O'neil.

I saw an older woman at the bottom of a pile, kids crying, chairs flying, utter madness.

I watched the whole thing in shock. The one incident that broke the tension for me and even made me giggle a little was when the one Pacer came out of the locker room with the dust pan as a weapon. He didn't hit anyone but looked kinda funny trying to be all tough with a dust pan in his hands.

Strange coincidence. My wife has never been to a Pistons game, we where looking for tickets to the Heat game next Friday when this broke out and was shown on the TV. I asked her if she still wanted to go to the game and she said "no way."

Unbelievable! :oops:

November 20th, 2004, 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Nothing about it was too funny...made me feel sick watching replays all morning...terrible how like a few people can destroy something so good.

anyways...on the lighter side of thing I came up with a new slogan...instead of "Going to Work" we can now sing "Going to Jail!" :lol: :?

November 20th, 2004, 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Guys, I have never seen anything like this. This is embarassing for the City who will now be known as the worst fans in the country, surpassing Philly.

Yea, detroit was known around the nation as having bad fans before this, now i agree, that they will be known as the worst. Looks like jimmy kimmel wasn't too far off base last year with that NBA finals prediction. I also was annoyed by wallace saying "the fight wasn't my fault". Hey buddy, YOU STARTED IT!!!!!!!!!!! Next time don't overreact to a hard foul.

November 21st, 2004, 1:23 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Artest is a jerk. Wallace should not have pushed him, But he did. Even if a guy throws a beer on you the pacers pay him a lot of money not to go in to the stands. I am sure that the guy who threw it would have been thrown out of the arena and probley had his season tickets revoked.

I am still in shock that it happened.
If anyone knows the guy who got hit when he came out on the floor, Tell i would like to buy him a beer, Because he can take a blow.

November 23rd, 2004, 11:39 am
Site Admin

In retrospect though I do not think this was as big a deal as it was made. Nobody to my knowlegde was severly hurt and the fighting was limited. It looked crazy but for the most part people got...wet. They showed some hockey clips and some of the big baseball brawls where ppl took just plain ole beatdowns. There was really nothing more than a few good punches here and manymany more people were trying to restrain than not.

Artest is psychotic and it was just a bad situation. There were some thug fans who will be dealt with swiftly by the legal system as well. They have the beer tosser identified as well as some others.

Again, it looked on TV just crazy but you cannot for any reason go into the stands EVER as a pro player. If you physically assault someone you are going to get that kind of response. Stehphan Jackson, Ron Artest, and J'Oneil all were beating on people and not in their homecourt...of course ppl are going to respond (not that it was right mind you.)

November 23rd, 2004, 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Wallace didn't start the brawl, he pushed (wrongly) after a hard foul, a reponse you see quite often in the NBA. Sure he shouldn't have done it, but to blame him for the brawl is silly. Artest and Jackson are the two to blame for rushing into the crowd swinging. I just read that when Artest was in Chicago he wanted to go after a heckler at Conseco Fieldhouse (Indiana's home court), so this has obviously been a problem for him for a while.

It's always a few who ruin it for many. 99.9% of fans aren't like the ones throwing chairs or cups on the court, believe me. But players have to be able to shrug it off, whether it's Little League or Professional there is always some form of heckling.

Another good point I was was by Gar Heard who said that back when he played players were in college 3-4 years and more mature. Nowadays we have 19, 20, 21 year-olds becoming millionaires and not able to handle the pressure that comes with it.

All of this factors into the brawl, but to blame Wallace or ALL Pistons fans is silly.

November 23rd, 2004, 2:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - Two men were banned from events at The Palace for what the Detroit Pistons say is their involvement in last month's NBA brawl.

John Green and Charlie Haddad were sent letters informing them of the ban, which also includes events at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkston, Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek said Wednesday. The Clarkston site is another holding of the Palace Sports and Entertainment organization.

Apart from Pistons games, the Palace hosts figure skating competitions and concerts. The DTE Energy Music Theatre holds concerts.

Green, of Oakland County's West Bloomfield Township, is accused of lobbing a cup at Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest on Nov. 19, sparking the brawl. Haddad, of Burt, ran onto the court that night, Dobek said.

"They're completely picking on the little guy," Shawn Smith, Green's lawyer, said Wednesday.

The brawl spilled into the stands and led to three Indiana players being suspended for 25 or more games, including a season-long ban for Artest.

There is no telephone listing for Haddadd.

No criminal charges have been filed in the brawl. Oakland County prosecutor David Gorcyca said Tuesday police must finish their investigation first.

"It is obvious from the multitude of videotapes that numerous Pacer players and fans are implicated in criminal wrongdoing," Gorcyca said in a statement. "To issue charges in haste and before a thorough investigation is completed would be irresponsible and a dereliction of our duties."

Gorcyca had told The Detroit News that Pacers players will be charged, but declined to specify the players or charges.

December 1st, 2004, 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]