View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pistons listening to trade offers for Darko 
RIP Killer

Post Pistons listening to trade offers for Darko
Reported on TNT after the game tonight - Barkley and co were talking about how the Stones are listening to trade offers for Darko.

Also, Barkley kind of bashed Darko for not being any better than he is after going up against Wallace X2 for 3 years.

Wonder what we could get for Darko...

January 19th, 2006, 11:43 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Artest would get them another championship.

It only makes sense to trade Darko. He will not develop here and we need to keep our soul big ben.

Dumars blew it big time. Not only in terms of Darko but Okur is developing into a real player.

January 20th, 2006, 12:23 am
Site Admin

Okur was the man...is the man...I wanted to keep him

and I wanted them to pull the trigger on that Al Harrington trade offer from Atlanta if it were true :?

January 20th, 2006, 12:24 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Dumars did blow it on the Memo call...but the Stones still have the best record in the NBA. I don't think that Memo would have improved this team that much, nor do I think that Memo would have developed like he has.

I can't believe the Harrington trade offer. Trade their best player for our worst? Well, we are talking about the Hawks...the same team who let my cousin play for them for 7 seasons lol!

January 20th, 2006, 12:31 am
Artest would get them another championship.

It only makes sense to trade Darko. He will not develop here and we need to keep our soul big ben.

Dumars blew it big time. Not only in terms of Darko but Okur is developing into a real player.

I disagree on Artest... IMO Artest would keep us from getting another championship more than he would help us. His talent is undeniable, but his infection is as well.... We don't need him/shouldn't want him...

IMO where Dumars messed up more than Okur is with Mellow... I know he's had some character concerns since he was drafted, but the kid is a talent and seems more than willing to do w/e it takes to help his team win at this point. That is very respectable. I think he wouldn't have had the same negative issues had he been here earlier in his career, and I think he would have been a better player and starter if here was here now....

January 20th, 2006, 3:59 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

I was thinking of Wade, but Anthony would have had value too. Wade, James, Kobe, and Garnett I see as the top tier in the NBA. Superathletes that are impossible to stop, can generate their own offense against playoff defense, hit clutch shots, and make teammates better.

January 20th, 2006, 7:51 am
Varsity Captain

I was thinking of Wade, but Anthony would have had value too. Wade, James, Kobe, and Garnett I see as the top tier in the NBA. Superathletes that are impossible to stop, can generate their own offense against playoff defense, hit clutch shots, and make teammates better.

Yeah but how many people where really wanting the Pistons to draft Wade at the time of the draft?, Wade is one of those hindsight things.

Now i think Carmellow Anthony is a debatable question because he was the other guy everyones was talking about, IMO Anthony would not have made the Pistons much better because #1: he does not play defense and thats what the Pistons are all about. #2: I dont see him being the starting SF because Tayshaun is a more valuable player for the Pistons lineup. #3: I dont think Anthony would accept being a reserve player and would have become a distraction.

January 20th, 2006, 11:11 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Yorick wrote:

Yeah but how many people where really wanting the Pistons to draft Wade at the time of the draft?, Wade is one of those hindsight things.

Now i think Carmellow Anthony is a debatable question because he was the other guy everyones was talking about, IMO Anthony would not have made the Pistons much better because #1: he does not play defense and thats what the Pistons are all about. #2: I dont see him being the starting SF because Tayshaun is a more valuable player for the Pistons lineup. #3: I dont think Anthony would accept being a reserve player and would have become a distraction.

I was just thinking about the same thing today about IF we would of took Wade or Carmellow.. would they have broken into the top 5 of the Pistons or would they have rode the pine with Larry Brown and still be unknowns?Our bench would of been better, but would they want to be backups? do they fit the blue collar and team play of the Pistons? I also agree that taking Darko may go down as Joe's only mistake, but I find it hard for him to get any more mins.. he needs to go where he can get more time and I think he will do fine as he is what? 21 or so.. for Okur, I just don't think the Pistons could of matched the $$$s he wanted..

January 21st, 2006, 2:22 pm
Fair Weather Fan

Post Darko
Darko sucks really bad theres isn't anyone decent we can trade him for I would just keep him so that we can embaress the other team when we let him play

January 26th, 2006, 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]