View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Loss to the Hawks 
RIP Killer

Post Loss to the Hawks
Talk about horrible.

A fantastic first quarter and downhill from there. How do you score something like 38 points in the entire second half and let Joe Johnson score 29??? Letting Johnson drive to the hoop for the game winner was just ugly.

This team needs a kick in the a**. Plain and simple. I don't know if they're tired (Ben sure does), but they need something. Bring on the All Star break.

I say we trade Sheed (who can't hit a bucket and seems to play when he feels like it), Arroyo, and a first rounder for a stud like KG to do what Sheed is supposed to do. Arroyo sucks. He gets PT and then plays like crap. We need a solid backup PG so we can rest Chauncey.

February 7th, 2006, 10:58 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Lets not get too crazy, we have lost 3 in the last week or so but we're still the best in the league. I don't think we can trade Sheed now he's been an intricate part of our success. He had an off night and took some bad shots in the 2nd half but he has definitely been an allstar caliber player this year. Arroyo doesn't really fit this team he is more of a flashy player but I do still think he's good enough to play the backup for us. If we do make a trade he could for sure be a part of it though. Lindsay can't handle the entire backup PG role so we'd probably need to get another one of those. We need to trade Darko if anyone, him and/or arroyo for some good role players and we're set.

February 8th, 2006, 12:51 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Trade Sheed? Ummm, no. We started the season on a record setting pace and finally hit a slump coming up on the All-Star break. No big deal. This is our first 2 game losing streak in 60 games! We haven't played with a lot of passion in the last 2 weeks, but ALL teams hit these slumps. We have great chemistry and there is no reason to go all crazy because we have lost 3 out of the last 5. We have 4 more games before the All-Star break, and then we will get some much needed rest. We will be fine, trust me.

Tim

February 8th, 2006, 11:56 am
Site Admin

2 games in a row :shock: OHNOES!!!! PANIC IN DETROIT!!!

lol...give the guys a break...they have busted their tales all season and I think after all star break they will be rejuvenated. They were going to lose a couple eventually even if it is to the Hawks. They have busted their butt all season to keep a great record and avoid what happened last year...they know and we know that if we had home court in the finals the Pistons very likely would be the champs. They are going to do whatever they can to avoid losing homecourt...but hopefully not at the expense of being able to hang in the playoffs.

And seriously...if you were the Timberwolves would you trade KJ? There is no way.

February 8th, 2006, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
2 games in a row :shock: OHNOES!!!! PANIC IN DETROIT!!!

lol...give the guys a break...they have busted their tales all season and I think after all star break they will be rejuvenated. They were going to lose a couple eventually even if it is to the Hawks. They have busted their butt all season to keep a great record and avoid what happened last year...they know and we know that if we had home court in the finals the Pistons very likely would be the champs. They are going to do whatever they can to avoid losing homecourt...but hopefully not at the expense of being able to hang in the playoffs.

And seriously...if you were the Timberwolves would you trade KJ? There is no way.

I'm assuming you meant "KG," Kevin Garnett... and... I think they have to give it serious consideration to trading him. For one, the guy is simply not happy in Minny, and for good reason. He's one of the league's best players and he's stuck on a team that can't seem to put a decent squad around him, or make the playoffs. Does anyone know what year of his contract he's in? I thought he signed a 5-6 year deal 3-4 years ago. If they don't trade him now they may lose him to FA in a year or two...

IMO the problem is, at least as far as we're concerned, is KG's ability to "fit" into our squad. He'll have to take a huge step in checking his ego at the door. We need to keep up this "team first" philosophy, and KG seems to think he should be the leader, the #1 guy, and the go-to guy in ever situation... He ALWAYS wants to shoot the final shot, and he's not particularly good at it IMO.... If we can integrate him, fine. But I don't think he's a good fit.

I would rather have someone like Al Harrington, Ben Gordon, or even Tim Thomas. I don't know what happened to T. Thomas after going to the Bulls. I've honestly not paid that much attention to them.. is he hurt? He seemed to play well for the Knicks, but hasn't done much since being traded. IMO we need a small forward, or larger SG to come off the bench, provide a spark, and score some points. Finley would have been perfect, too bad we missed out on him.

February 8th, 2006, 3:28 pm
RIP Killer

I personally think the Pistons have lost a few games because of Sheed. Granted, he has nailed a lot of 3s in crunch time (last year's finals), but he always wants to shoot the 3, even when they only need a 2. He can be a rebounding, blocking, scoring machine, but he's not. He is when he feels like it.

What technical is he on now? Isn't it after 16 where you start getting suspended for a game for each T? That is sure going to help this team down the stretch when Dice has to play a full game... :roll:

Sheed bitches all the time (to CB) about not getting the ball when he was sort of open for a 3 (and he's missed at least 7 3's already by that point). He is unselfish sometimes and very selfish other times.

Arroyo just plain sucks. I sure hope Joe is trying to shop him around because this team just folds when CB is tired (like he has been) and Arroyo is in the game.

February 8th, 2006, 3:39 pm

I think you confuse Sheed's ability and how the game comes easy to him as him loafing or taking plays off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy w/ the techs he amounts and his constant complaining to the refs, but Sheed is also pretty invaluable to the team. Sheed has a great understanding of the game, always calls out all the defenses, supports his teammates while on the bench, keeps it light in practice, is unselfish and team oriented, and Chauncey has called him the team MVP. I think you are looking in the wrong direction for a problem.

As for Arroyo, I agree. He has been struggling of late. He has talent, but seems to be pressing too much. I not too worried about that because Lindsey Hunter just came back from injury and should help relieve Chauncey's minutes.

wjb,

As for your question on Tim Thomas, the Bulls asked him to leave the team and sit at home while they pay him and try to trade him. Kind of how the Bucs did Keshawn. The only reason they can't trade him is because he is owed 14 million this season and still has like 3 years on that contract. He is a cancer and will never be more than a role player, if that.

Tim

February 8th, 2006, 4:26 pm
Site Admin

Tim Thomas has at best ever only been a marginal player. A role player and not starter worthy especially on any above average team. But none of those guys can do what Sheed can do.

As to KG...there is no way you trade him for Sheed. Sheed can be good but you don't drop a league MVP calibur player because he has the blues for Sheed. Imagine you make that trade...a good solid guy like KG is not happy in Minn...imagine what a upset Sheed would be like?!? He would make KGs pouting look like Shirley Temple singing the Goodship Lollipop.

February 9th, 2006, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Tim Thomas has at best ever only been a marginal player. A role player and not starter worthy especially on any above average team. But none of those guys can do what Sheed can do.

As to KG...there is no way you trade him for Sheed. Sheed can be good but you don't drop a league MVP calibur player because he has the blues for Sheed. Imagine you make that trade...a good solid guy like KG is not happy in Minn...imagine what a upset Sheed would be like?!? He would make KGs pouting look like Shirley Temple singing the Goodship Lollipop.

Alpha... I don't know if you thought I meant we should trade Sheed to Minny for KG, or if someone else brought it up... I also think it would be dumb for Minny to make that trade. But, on the other hand, if we gave up Darko, and our first and second round draft picks... I think they should consider it. Our second round picks haven't even made our squad as of late. 2nd round picks tend to be developement players and bench depth... We don't really have room for developement players, and our bench is such that it's not greatly deep, but it is solid enough where it's tough to let someone go for an unproven player (Smoosh Parker). Darko could start in Minny, and may flourish there... at least he would get some playing time, and hopefully they could foster the attitude change he needs to be successful. Who knows... However, I don't think Sheed would be a smart trade for them. What's the status of Tayshaun Prince's contract? He might be trade bait for Minny... Prince, Darko, and first and second round draft picks... We wouldn't need Prince after having KG on the team starting, but that trade really wouldn't help us where we need it - on the bench. Like I said.. I would prefer the Pistons stay away from Garnett... Like Sheed Garnett likes to take the last shot too.. and he misses his fair share...

I understand that Tim Thomas is nothing more than a role player, but IMO that's what we need. We need someone to come off of the bench, provide a spark, play DECENT (not even good... just decent) defense, and score some points... Thomas was the last guy I suggested and I would much more prefer someone like Al Harrington... IMO he should be our #1 target right now... He can create his own shots, he seems to have the ability to take on a starting role should someone get hurt or leave next year, he's a scorer, and he plays decent defense. Ben Gordon, as I mentioned, would be #2 on my list... and I sort of threw out Tim Thomas' name to see what anyone thought of him... At times he does great things, and all we would need him for would be to be a role player... We could probably get him for draft picks and keep our current roster in tact... still... I would prefer dumping someone for Al Harrington.

February 9th, 2006, 3:41 pm

I understand that Tim Thomas is nothing more than a role player, but IMO that's what we need. We need someone to come off of the bench, provide a spark, play DECENT (not even good... just decent) defense, and score some points... Thomas was the last guy I suggested and I would much more prefer someone like Al Harrington... IMO he should be our #1 target right now... He can create his own shots, he seems to have the ability to take on a starting role should someone get hurt or leave next year, he's a scorer, and he plays decent defense. Ben Gordon, as I mentioned, would be #2 on my list... and I sort of threw out Tim Thomas' name to see what anyone thought of him... At times he does great things, and all we would need him for would be to be a role player... We could probably get him for draft picks and keep our current roster in tact... still... I would prefer dumping someone for Al Harrington.

I understand what you are saying wjb, but Tim Thomas is making 14 million a year. That is more than any player on our roster is making! There is no way we would pay that much for a role player. Besides, Joe has done a masterful job of putting together a winning team w/ no egos. I don't care who we could get, there is no reason to break up this team.

As for the bench, there really is nothing wrong with any of the players on our bench. Believe me when I say that we have 4 guys on the bench who could start for a lot of teams in the league: McDyess, Arroyo (started in Utah before going into Sloans doghoouse), Delfino (2nd best player on the Argentine National Team that won the gold medal behind Ginobili), and Maurice Evans ( who got 20+ starts in Sacramento last year).

The problem you have is when you have the best starting 5 in the league, who do you sit? Flip knows that he will have to rest the starters more down the stretch, and he will. We don't need to make any trades or pickups. Trust me, we will be fine.

Tim

February 9th, 2006, 4:13 pm
Head Cheerleader

WTF? Come on, why the hell are you talking about breaking up a squad that has one of the best starts in NBA history. This team is money. It would be stupid to trade any of our starters.

But I agree with the Arroyo comments somewhat, he seems to be on, or way off. Not too consistent. I would like to see a Arroyo, Darko trade while their worth something, I don't know what their worth though. I am finally off of the Darko band-wagon, its obviously not the coach (LB) who was holding him back.

I like McD, Evans, Hunter, and Delfino off of the bench, but we still need more come playoff time.

and KG would not make us any better.

February 9th, 2006, 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]