View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 All star game sucks 
RIP Killer

Post All star game sucks
Can anyone tell me how the F*#$ Shaq is the starting center for the East squad?

WTF? The dood has only played in 13 games out of 52!!! This is complete bull. I hate Shaq, I hate the Heat, and I HATE the all star game!!!

For poop and giggles...check this out:

Shaq

13 games played for the Heat (12 started)
13.5 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.8 BPG, 2.31 TO, 3.4 PF

Webber
15 games played for the Pistons (14 started)
13.1 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 3.2 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.9 BPG, 1.73 TO, 3.1 PF

...and Shaq BARELY has the edge on PPG. Webber is thought to be average and far from an all-star...but yet he posts similar-to-better numbers than Shaq and he isn't even considered in the top 5-10 centers in the game.

My point? The all-star game is a shame and is getting more and more pathetic every year.

February 16th, 2007, 9:45 pm
All All-Star games suck... IMO Baseball has the only fairly respectable All-Star game and that's only because home field in the W. Ser. depends on it... Fans don't watch all star games, pro-bowls, ext... The damn skills competitions get higher ratings...

February 17th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Pro bowl is a joke because they have to neuter the roughest professional sport of its aggression-based allure.
The NBA all-star game is threatened by what has become a duality of obejectives: Players are generally torn between putting on a globetrotter-like show to exhibit their skills for fans and putting up a competitive fight, to show what a hypothetical team comprised of superstars at each position would look like.
The NBA just needs to choose. Since, IMHO, all star games are meant to display the latter hypothetical spectacle, they ought to pay only the winners. Or at least pay the losers only a nominal amount, while the winners get the lion's share. You can bet these players would then rise to the occasion to play defense, and true lovers of the game would be rewarded with a glimpse of what two teams comprised of all stars would look like, battling it out.
Lastly, for the aforementioned hypothetical to be complete, it would be necessary to ensure that ALL STARS are selected to play. Not entirely sure if it is wise to pull the election of the starting five from the fans, so long as the spectacle's main objective is to entertain the fans. I think it would have to remain customizable.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

February 18th, 2007, 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]