View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Amir Johnson 
RIP Killer

Post Amir Johnson
Dood has been crazy-impressive the last couple games. 10 blocks over 3 games, 40 points, 10-14 FGs last night...damn. Why wasn't this guy getting real time Flip? 10 blocks!!!

Oh, and considering he's, what, 19 and played 11 games in 2 years? That's damn impressive.

April 19th, 2007, 4:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah, I really like Amir. It would have been nice to get him some PT bbefore the last 2 or 3 games of the regular season.

April 19th, 2007, 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I like the pick when they made it...a young talented guy that was dismissed cause he was direct from HS. He has developed with no pressure or expectations which is exactly what he needed. I had heard that he will very likely be in the regular rotation next season and see more time like Maxiell did this year. With our aging half crippled big men Amir could emerge very soon especially with Webbers future uncertain here and Rasheed seeming to diminish is his skills.

And aside...Joe really needs to have some picks develop to save his drafting reputation from being a complete Millen.

April 20th, 2007, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

And aside...Joe really needs to have some picks develop to save his drafting reputation from being a complete Millen.

Tayshaun was a great pick, Darko sucked, but never got much PT, Maxiell seems to be progressing nicely. We haven't had as many picks as other teams, and they've all been low picks anyway. I hope we sweep just for the sake of Orlando's overall record.

April 23rd, 2007, 3:54 pm
theAlphaMale wrote:

Tayshaun was a great pick, Darko sucked, but never got much PT, Maxiell seems to be progressing nicely. We haven't had as many picks as other teams, and they've all been low picks anyway. I hope we sweep just for the sake of Orlando's overall record.

I don't know about that... Darko was #2 overall, and we've traded a number of players for picks to give us additional picks. I agree that Prince and Maxiel were good picks... I'll even say that Darko was a good pick, when we made it (I still think the guy could turn out to be great... he's what 22 now??)... That said, IMO it's more the coaches and lack of playing time than it is Joe's drafting... A lot of our players have left and gone on to be successful elsewhere.

April 24th, 2007, 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]