View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 McGuffie delays 
QB Coach

Post McGuffie delays
From Rivals.com He was supposed to sign today but visited Cal and is taking more time to decide between the two schools.

Michael Shaw a 4 star back made the switch from Penn State to Michigan.

February 6th, 2008, 4:49 pm
RIP Killer

Wonder if everyone is going to rip on him like they are on Pyor and question his character. I'm tired of people thinking today is the deadline when it is infact the first day you can sign. Just my frustration from other boards spilling over, lol. Hope you guys get him, I want the Big Ten to be the best,

February 6th, 2008, 5:03 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

McGuffie sent in his LOI at 8:30 last night.
Quote:
UPDATED: Crisis averted -- highly-ranked recruit Sam McGuffie signs with Michigan
February 6, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF NEWS SERVICES

Sam McGuffie is a Michigan Man.

Sam McGuffie, Rivals.com's 38th-best running back in the nation, verbally committed to the Wolverines in the summer. But he did not attend Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair High School signing day ceremonies on Wednesday.

McGuffie has not returned phone calls seeking comment, but he has officially signed with Michigan.

McGuffie finished his high school career with 5,823 rushing yards and 81 touchdowns in three varsity seasons. His junior year was his signature season, when he finished with 3,121 rushing yards and 43 touchdowns. He committed to Michigan on July 29, 2007.

The 5-11, 190-pound McGuffie makes things look simple on the field. McGuffie is known for his playmaking and explosiveness out of the backfield. He rushed for 3,200 yards and 44 touchdowns as a junior.

McGuffie has become quite an attraction on the popular Web site YouTube.com. His video highlights have amassed more than a million views. One clip, a five-minute mix tape, had more than 750,000 views alone.

It appeared McGuffie might waver on his decision to attend Michigan when Lloyd Carr retired but when new head coach Rich Rodriguez took over he retained running backs coach Fred Jackson who recruited McGuffie.

Michigan has three other possible running backs signed -- Mike Cox (three-star rank according to rivals.com), Michael Shaw (four-star) and Terrence Robinson (four-star).

February 7th, 2008, 10:33 am
RIP Killer

One thing OSU didn't get this year is a top notch RB. We had one, but hadd to pull the offer after his off the field problems. He has yet to sign anywhere.

February 7th, 2008, 10:38 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

You talking about Devoe Torrence, who supposedly raped a girl or something? He was being recruited by Michigan too, but I don't think anyone is going to sign him now.

February 7th, 2008, 10:45 am
RIP Killer

You talking about Devoe Torrence, who supposedly raped a girl or something? He was being recruited by Michigan too, but I don't think anyone is going to sign him now.

Prolly not, Cincy was taking a look at him, but I havn't heard any info.

February 7th, 2008, 10:50 am
Washington or Southern Fla will sign Torrence!!!...

It's cool that we got McGuffie, but it wouldn't have been all that big of a deal if we didn't... Robinson and Shaw were the reasons he was thinking of signing elsewhere (Robinson because he's a similar back, and Shaw because everything thinks he's going to be the primary back)... That said, McGuffie is supposed to be better than Robinson, and better suited than Shaw for Rich Rod's offense.

February 7th, 2008, 11:06 am
RIP Killer

I could see a sweet RB rotation similar to LSU this year. That is a LOT of talent at RB for one year.

February 7th, 2008, 11:54 am
QB Coach

Yea I was happy to see the talent at RB Michigan was bringing in. Losing a guy like Hart is tough but the guys coming in should be able to do a good job taking over for him.

February 7th, 2008, 3:49 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

UM still has Grady and Brown at RB too. I think some of those guys (probably McDuffie and Robinson) get turned into wideouts.

Tim

February 7th, 2008, 4:02 pm
UM still has Grady and Brown at RB too. I think some of those guys (probably McDuffie and Robinson) get turned into wideouts.

I'm hoping McDuffie can return kicks... With his moves he should be amazing as long as he can field the ball and has good vision...

February 7th, 2008, 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]