View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Candidates to replace Carr 
RIP Killer

Quote:
Wow, they thought they could get him for less money? Are they nuts?

Apparently so. Martin is making UM look like clowns. All we need is the makeup and red nose. Even better, how about a dunce cap. Go sit in the corner please, Bill. Everyone is laughing at UM right now.

I mean, it's cool if you get a coach that can do no better than to go 11-1 every year ;)

December 7th, 2007, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

ps - Martin just called the pewee coach in my neighborhood but he turned down the offer as well.

December 7th, 2007, 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I've been waiting for your comments, Pablo. Honestly, I made need you to make space on the State bandwagon, I may be coming aboard :lol:

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

I've been waiting for your comments, Pablo. Honestly, I made need you to make space on the State bandwagon, I may be coming aboard :lol:

Welcome aboard - we have plenty of room, however, you will probably want to jump off after the BBall season is over.

December 7th, 2007, 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If you are going to pick, why not pick a winner...

December 7th, 2007, 4:06 pm

LMAO @ Steensn!

I would rather set my privates on fire, but thanks for the offer!

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Welcome aboard - we have plenty of room, however, you will probably want to jump off after the BBall season is over.

I hear you, Pablo. That is one sport UM can't seem to get right without cheating :lol:

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 4:17 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:

LMAO @ Steensn!

I would rather set my privates on fire, but thanks for the offer!

Hey, I'll welcome anyone to teh "good guys" side anytime... even if they would ever SUGGEST settin their privates on fire... :shock: :?

December 7th, 2007, 4:20 pm
Quote:
Wow, they thought they could get him for less money? Are they nuts?

Apparently so. Martin is making UM look like clowns. All we need is the makeup and red nose. Even better, how about a dunce cap. Go sit in the corner please, Bill. Everyone is laughing at UM right now.

I agree with that.. .I could see offering less money than Les Miles, because he hasn't proven anything. Still, they should have at least offered him something in the 1.8-2.5 range...

December 7th, 2007, 5:22 pm

I agree with that.. .I could see offering less money than Les Miles, because he hasn't proven anything. Still, they should have at least offered him something in the 1.8-2.5 range...

But less money than he was already making?? Who the f*ck does that? And who would take that?

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 5:27 pm
Quote:

But less money than he was already making?? Who the f*ck does that? And who would take that?

I agree 100%... Sorry if wasn't clear about that... And... It was less money than Carr was making too... Allegedly Carr was making around $1.4-1.5... Perhaps U of M thinks that Carr was a "proven coach" and he made 1.4, so an unproven coach should make less??? That's the only justification I can see for it, but it is still stupid at the end of the day.

I would like to see us buck up and make a real offer to him... But the consensus seems to still be that we're going to end up landing Les Miles (that's what they say all over the radio). Honestly, call me crazy, but I would take Schiano over Miles... Why? Schiano will cost less, he doesn't have the same character concerns/discipline issues, and he hasn't won in another program (National Championship).... hunh? I know I know... It seems like that is a good thing, but it also brings a lot of pressure and problems... Miles is the classic story book coach (like Mooch) and it rarely seems to end well...

December 7th, 2007, 5:34 pm
QB Coach

TADOne wrote:
Quote:

I agree 100%... Sorry if wasn't clear about that... And... It was less money than Carr was making too... Allegedly Carr was making around $1.4-1.5... Perhaps U of M thinks that Carr was a "proven coach" and he made 1.4, so an unproven coach should make less??? That's the only justification I can see for it, but it is still stupid at the end of the day.

I would like to see us buck up and make a real offer to him... But the consensus seems to still be that we're going to end up landing Les Miles (that's what they say all over the radio). Honestly, call me crazy, but I would take Schiano over Miles... Why? Schiano will cost less, he doesn't have the same character concerns/discipline issues, and he hasn't won in another program (National Championship).... hunh? I know I know... It seems like that is a good thing, but it also brings a lot of pressure and problems... Miles is the classic story book coach (like Mooch) and it rarely seems to end well...

Regardless of who they target, Michigan needs to realize that you can't have it both way. You can't on one hand say you're an elite program and expect the elite coaches to want the job, and then refuse to pay the same amount that other elite programs pay. If they're only paying in the range of $1.5M or so, that's roughly half of what other top level programs pay. Last year, Lloyd Carr was the #26th highest paid coach. Behind teams like Kansas, Texas Tech, Maryland. The top coaches are making $3M-$4M per year. Time to open up the piggy bank if you want the elite coach.

December 7th, 2007, 5:45 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TADOne wrote:
Quote:

Regardless of who they target, Michigan needs to realize that you can't have it both way. You can't on one hand say you're an elite program and expect the elite coaches to want the job, and then refuse to pay the same amount that other elite programs pay. If they're only paying in the range of $1.5M or so, that's roughly half of what other top level programs pay. Last year, Lloyd Carr was the #26th highest paid coach. Behind teams like Kansas, Texas Tech, Maryland. The top coaches are making $3M-$4M per year. Time to open up the piggy bank if you want the elite coach.

Again, I agree... I already said that they should have offered Schiano up to 2.5... I honestly think it is irresponsible to offer him more due to his experience, but I believe I have already said that they should have offered Les Miles something in the 3's...

December 7th, 2007, 5:50 pm

My bad, wjb. I wasn't trying to yell at you. I'm just over the top frustrated with the way this search has gone.

I also agree with you about the coach not needing to be an over the top successful coach. Or from a major program. Tressell came from Division 2 Youngstown State. Honestly, I just want a coach who is innovative and with the times. UM recruits itself, really. That is why I wanted Miles. Even though I don't agree w/ alot of his crazy calls, I love that he is willing to make those calls. I love the fact he goes for it on 4th down. I love that he goes for the win instead of the tie. I want a coach like that. I don't want no dang Carr clone that is stuck in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust past.

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 5:54 pm
Modmin Dude

I've seen Urban Meyer's name floating around.....what is the possibility of landing him?

December 7th, 2007, 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next