View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Pryor's cousin trying to convince him to join UM 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Damnit Sly, don't get me excited! And I know you said don't ask, but HOW do you know this? Please give me something.

I can't. Just trust me on this one. Everyone here knows that I don't make stuff up and I'm not doing that now. Relax. :wink:

January 21st, 2008, 7:11 pm
RIP Killer

TADOne wrote:
Damnit Sly, don't get me excited! And I know you said don't ask, but HOW do you know this? Please give me something.

I can't. Just trust me on this one. Everyone here knows that I don't make stuff up and I'm not doing that now. Relax. :wink:

I can name someone that says they know somehow for sure that Pryorhas made up his mind and it'll be OSU. All I can say is that I don't believe ANY inside information right now.

Here is the latest OSU deduction theory:

Quote:
This Link Is to what Terrelle Pryor's G-Father said Friday as TP was
heading north...

Here's a Quote From his Live-In G-Father:

Quote:
"I think I know where he's going, but I'm not saying where,
" Burns told The Detroit News Friday evening. "I think he's a made a decision,
but he doesn't want to tell the media until signing day."

Here is my point:
I think everyone would agree that TP's Family would have a better idea of where
he wants to go then anyone else.
Now If this family member thinks he knows where he's going and that he has
already made up his mind, then chances are he's "Probably" right.

At the Time his Father said this, he had Visited Only One School...
tOSU...

Now no one would decide to go to a out of state school without at least going
there to Check It Out,,, Correct?

So If his Father is Correct, all Evidence would lead any reasonable person to
Deduct that the Only Logical Choice would be that he has Decided to go to
tOSU...

That backed with all the "inside" information, everyone on that board almost believes TP is going to be in Columbus. Heck, one guy says he "knows" TP's mom is rooting for OSU.

I''ve given up, I'm just waiting till Feb. 6. In the end, I think you have a 50% chance Sly, not bad odds. You get it right, no one will doubt your info, get it wrong and I'm sure you will come up with an excuse :lol:

January 21st, 2008, 7:21 pm

This is from today's Detroit News, which contradicts what I'm saying:
Quote:
Pryor is impressed, but still undecided
Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News
ANN ARBOR -- Terrelle Pryor said he was "impressed" by Michigan during his weekend visit, but he is not yet ready to decide where he will attend college in the fall.

Pryor, a quarterback and the nation's top prospect, told Rivals.com on Monday that Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez spent almost the entire visit with Pryor. Rodriguez is installing his spread offense at Michigan and is seeking a quarterback who can run it.

"I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but I think I could play in any offense," Pryor told Rivals.com. "But this is a good mix of pass and run, and I liked it at West Virginia. I saw a whole lot of (WVU quarterback) Pat White plays this weekend, probably every one."

Pryor attended Michigan's basketball game against Iowa on Saturday. He was serenaded when he entered Crisler Arena.

"I went to a basketball game, and they chanted my name and all that," Pryor said. "The fans were real nice, and the players I met seemed cool. And Coach Rodriguez has brought his entire staff with him from West Virginia, so nothing is going to change. That's the offense he wants to run and he'd like me to run it."

He said he was impressed by Mike Barwis, the new strength and conditioning coach.

"I liked how they do their lifting and conditioning," Pryor said. "That impressed me."

Pryor has taken only one other official visit, to Ohio State. The Pennsylvanian also has spent a lot of time at Penn State.

He said there is no leader among the schools that hope to sign him, and he will make his decision on national signing day next month.

"I talked over the Michigan visit with my dad when I got back, and I still have a lot of comparing to do," Pryor said. "And I'm going to take at least one or two more official visits if I can fit them in."

He said Louisiana State, Oregon and Florida also are in the running. He has no trips scheduled, but he is expected to visit LSU and Oregon.

January 22nd, 2008, 10:23 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Which ever team gets him better hope that all their "t"'s are crossed and "i"'s dotted. With all the hype surrounding this kid the NCAA is going to be searching into the winning school's activities as well as Pryor's and his family's.

January 22nd, 2008, 5:58 pm

Quote:
U-M'S PRYOR-ITY ONE: Analyzing nation's No. 1 QB Terrelle Pryor's big decision
January 27, 2008

Terrelle Pryor, a 6-foot-6, 225-pound bundle of talent, is uncommitted as to where he will play next season. Many predict the star quarterback will choose between Michigan and Ohio State on National Signing Day, Feb. 6.

Why Pryor should choose Michigan

• He's needed more: With Ryan Mallett's transfer to Arkansas, Pryor could step in and start as a true freshman. He could be the player who takes the Wolverines back to national prominence.

• Family connection: Pryor's cousin, Toney Clemons, is a wide receiver at U-M.

• Quarterback U.: Every recent starting QB at U-M has played in the NFL or at least made it to an NFL camp. Last season, three former Wolverines started games.

• Rich Rodriguez: Pryor has a strong bond with the new coach. Rodriguez told Pryor he was going to Michigan before the information was released publicly. Rodriguez's system also caters to a dual-threat QB like Pryor. He made Pat White a Heisman Trophy candidate at West Virginia.

Why Pryor should choose OSU

• An early start: The Buckeyes have been atop Pryor's list from Day One. Coach Jim Tressel has been in constant communication with him, and they seem to have a good rapport. U-M, on the other hand, wasn't a prominent part of the Pryor sweepstakes until Rodriguez took over.

• More recent success: If Pryor is looking to win, he's more likely to do so with a team that has played in two straight national title games.

• Better relationships with Buckeye players: At the U.S. Army All-American Bowl this month, Pryor hung around with OSU recruits the entire week. He established bonds with them earlier in the recruiting process, as Ohio State was the first school he officially visited, in November.

• Troy Smith: The Buckeyes showed two years ago that they could utilize a dual-threat quarterback. Smith won the Heisman Trophy and led them to the national championship game.

WHAT PRYOR SAYS

Pryor provides a regular recruiting diary for the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette. A portion of his latest entry:

"I made my official visit to the University of Michigan last weekend, but I didn't meet with the basketball coaches at all. I didn't have time, but it's looking more doubtful that I'll play basketball in college. ...

"I feel better about Michigan since I went there. I took (Steelers backup and ex-Lions quarterback) Charlie Batch with me. He's helping me through this whole process. We got every single detail about what they're going to do with me in their offense. I got a good feel for things and a good look at coach Rodriguez. ...

"I really don't know where I'm going. The night of Feb. 5, I'm just going to have to sit down, shut off my cell phone, relax and just think it all over."

WHAT ANALYSTS SAY

• Tom Luginbill, ESPN.com: "Rodriguez has played with a freshman before in Pat White, and if he wants to truly run his scheme in Year 1, he likely will hand the keys over to Pryor as the ultimate recruiting tool in luring him to Ann Arbor."

• Craig Haubert, ESPN.com: "If a couple of months ago, you asked me where he was going to go, I wouldn't have hesitated to say that OSU was the leader. But down the stretch, it's come to Oregon and Michigan as the favorites."

• Three of four rivals.com writers predict Pryor will go to Ohio State. Jeremy Crabtree: Ohio State. Mike Farrell: Ohio State. Barton Simmons: Michigan. Barry Every: Ohio State.

• Scout.com analyst Jamie Newberg: "I see Pryor getting a Tim Tebow role (like when TT was a true frosh sharing time with (Chris) Leak) at whatever school he picks (likely Ohio State, but it's still way up in the air)."

January 27th, 2008, 11:10 am
RIP Killer

Prep coach: "Gut instinct" says QB Pryor will choose Buckeyes
Posted by Doug Lesmerises January 29, 2008 23:55PM
Categories: Ohio State
Saturday night, four days before National Signing Day, Ohio State and Michigan will go head-to-head one more time in the recruitment of Terrelle Pryor.

Jeannette (Pa.) High School quarterbacks coach Roy Hall said Tuesday that both Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez are planning to be in the stands to watch Pryor play in Jeannette's home basketball game on Saturday night. With a recruiting dead period beginning Monday, it may be the last chance for the Buckeyes and Wolverines to influence the No.¤1 quarterback recruit in the nation.

It may not matter.

Hall, who has known Pryor since his pee wee football days and accompanied him to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio four weeks ago, believes Pryor will be a Buckeye.

"A lot of things are telling me Ohio State," Hall said. "That's my gut feeling. In San Antonio, I was there and everyone he chose to hang out with were the kids from Ohio State and their parents."

Pryor apparently has narrowed his choices to those two Big Ten contenders. He told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he has eliminated LSU, and Hall said LSU coaches wanted to visit Jeannette this week but Pryor told them not to bother. Also, Pryor said he will not have time to make an official visit to Oregon, which seemingly would knock out the Ducks, who had remained in the running.

While Penn State head coach Joe Paterno and a representative from West Virginia are supposed to visit Pryor today, neither the Nittany Lions nor the Mountaineers are seen as major contenders for Pryor.

That leaves Ohio State and Michigan, the only two schools to which Pryor has taken an official visit. One other factor in Hall's gut feeling was the presence of several Ohio State recruits, including linemen Michael Brewster and J.B. Shugarts, who are already enrolled at Ohio State, at Pryor's basketball game last Saturday.

Wednesday, when Pryor announces his decision in a news conference in Jeannette's gym to be televised on ESPNU at 12:05 p.m., he should become a Buckeye or a Wolverine.

"He can make that decision and have a little peace of mind," Hall said. "And then he can focus on the [basketball] playoffs."

First, Tressel and Rodriguez have one more night of face time in their first real showdown, part of Rodriguez's introduction to college football's best rivalry. ￾

January 30th, 2008, 10:30 am
RIP Killer

Pryor may push back college choice
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
High school football players can sign a binding letter of intent with a college, starting next Wednesday. But Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor might not sign with anyone that day.

Pryor had planned to announce his college decision live on ESPN next Wednesday. But he said today he might wait at least a few days to make his choice.

"I'd say it's about 50-50 that I'll push things back," Pryor said.

One of the main reasons Pryor might not sign next Wednesday is because he is thinking about making an official visit to the University of Oregon some time next week.

Earlier this week, it seemed the race was down to Ohio State and Michigan because Pryor wasn't going to visit Oregon. If Pryor visits Oregon, the Ducks will still have a chance at landing him.

Pryor also said yesterday Penn State is not out of the running. Penn State coach Joe Paterno visited with Pryor at Jeannette yesterday. Paterno's son, Jay, Penn State's quarterbacks coach, and PSU defensive coordinator Tom Bradley also were there. They also visited with Pryor's father at his home.

Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch and Pryor's mother were in on the meeting with the Penn State coaches at Jeannette. Batch is helping Pryor in the recruiting process as a mentor.

"It went OK," Pryor said of the meeting. "I just don't know about the area up there. I don't know if I'd like being in that kind of area."

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez plan to attend Pryor's basketball game Saturday night and meet with him afterward. Jeannette football coach Ray Reitz said Rodriguez is planning to bring seven assistant coaches with him.

January 30th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Quote:
REPORT: Terrelle Pryor no longer plans to decide today
February 6, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES

Terrelle Pryor, the nation's No. 1 recruit, apparently won't sign Wednesday after all.

He told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review late Tuesday night that he doesn't plan to sign a national letter of intent on Signing Day.

"I'm 100 percent sure I'm not signing," Pryor told the Tribune-Review. "It's a tough decision and I'm still trying to decide between Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Pryor confirmed he eliminated Oregon and informed the Ducks coaching staff of the decision.

Pryor won't make his college decision Wednesday, but he will still meet with the media, according to Jeannette coach Ray Reitz.

Both of Pryor's parents talked to the Tribune-Review, indicating the family had discussed Terrelle's decision, but didn't come to a consensus.

"When we talked (Tuesday morning), I gave him my choice and he gave me his," Pryor's father Craig told the paper. "They weren't the same. But it's his decision."

Craig's choice wasn't Ohio State, but he reportedly didn't elaborate further.

Terrelle's mother Toni said he was 50/50 about making his decision.

"It stresses me out to see him stressed out," she told the Tribune-Review. "I don't care where he goes. I just want him to go where he'll be happy and content."

Pryor has until April 1 to make his decision. Wednesday is merely the first day a recruit can officially sign, not the last.

Michigan was thought to have an advantage because Pryor has a better chance to play right away, but his father said Terrelle is "not worried about playing right away. It will give him time to learn and adjust to the speed of the game."

I don't know what to think anymore. The only thing I'm certain of is if he doesn't sign with Michigan, he's a liar and I wouldn't want him on the team anyway. This whole fiasco is getting ridiculous.

February 6th, 2008, 10:10 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Tim

February 6th, 2008, 10:14 am
RIP Killer

I don't know what to think anymore. The only thing I'm certain of is if he doesn't sign with Michigan, he's a liar and I wouldn't want him on the team anyway. This whole fiasco is getting ridiculous.

Why is he a liar? I follow this stuff big time and I'm starting to get tired of fans and media questioning an 18 year olds character for not choosing way before he has to. he hasn't even had a chance to visit all the schools he wants to yet.

February 6th, 2008, 11:17 am

steensn, I understand what you're saying, but I'm going off some of the comments he made as he was leaving Ann Arbor last month. He seemed to indicate to some of the players that he was definitely coming to Michigan at that time. Of course, he has been recruited heavily since that time and his feelings may have changed. I just don't know anymore. Whatever.

February 7th, 2008, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

steensn, I understand what you're saying, but I'm going off some of the comments he made as he was leaving Ann Arbor last month. He seemed to indicate to some of the players that he was definitely coming to Michigan at that time. Of course, he has been recruited heavily since that time and his feelings may have changed. I just don't know anymore. Whatever.

Lol, comments he made that MAY have indicated? Unless he says something like, I am committing to scUM( :lol: ) then rumors mean nothing. Can't call the kid a liar whene he never made a commitment. For the longest time he was a Buckeye "shoe-in," but he visited other schools ans is still doing so. He may have been very interested in coming to UM at that time, but someone hearing something that could mean something doesn't mean he is a liar.

February 7th, 2008, 10:47 am

steensn, I only used the word, "seemed", in my prior post because of what is happening now. At the time of his visit, there wasn't any maybe about it, according to my source (whom I trust emphatically).

Just for fun, since you called Michigan scUM, from now on, I'm gonna call Ohio State - O$U. :D

February 8th, 2008, 12:57 am
RIP Killer

steensn, I only used the word, "seemed", in my prior post because of what is happening now. At the time of his visit, there wasn't any maybe about it, according to my source (whom I trust emphatically).

Just for fun, since you called Michigan scUM, from now on, I'm gonna call Ohio State - O$U. :D

Haha, I only did it once!!! You just used up your quota!!!

But in all reality... you are the ONLY person to say anyhting about this. No national media, no pryor, no insiders, no one. It was probably just a miss understanding.

February 8th, 2008, 8:12 am
Pro Bowl Player

I read in a couple places that Pryor likes Ohio State but his dad is really leaning on him to go to Penn State... and that he still plans to visit Oregon....

Here in Ann Arbor people are already carping that OSU is probably buying him off... lol.

February 8th, 2008, 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next