View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Pryor's cousin trying to convince him to join UM 
QB Coach

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... y/10665574

The more I read the more I'm afraid he's going to Ohio State.

February 25th, 2008, 11:38 pm
RIP Killer

He was going to pick OSU before his dad asked him to look harder at Penn State. We'll see what happens, he didn't seem that excited after the Michigan visit.

February 28th, 2008, 9:46 am
He was going to pick OSU before his dad asked him to look harder at Penn State. We'll see what happens, he didn't seem that excited after the Michigan visit.

I'm not really that excited about him after his latest OSU stunt... Judging by his behavior, he's better suited to play for OSU...

February 29th, 2008, 11:00 pm
RIP Killer

March 1st, 2008, 8:07 am
Rookie Player of the Year

With this delay he has put so much pressure on himself to be great or he wil be hammered by not only the school he does decide on but all the others as well. He basically will have to win at least one NC and put the team in position to win at least one other while running like Vince Young and throwing like Marino. Like I said before what ever school does get him they better have their t's crossed and their i's dotted. With this kind of delay the NCAA is going to be all over him, his family, the school, and big time alums checking in on any thing that even smells like an infraction.

March 1st, 2008, 10:10 am
RIP Killer

Most people just need to give the kid a break. He is in a tough spot and wants to have his senior year to play basketball. We put too much pressure on these kids to pick the first day they are allowed to and forget they don't have to select any school till March 1st. It is aggrevating to see people degrade him for following the rules...

March 1st, 2008, 2:50 pm
Lol, what stunt?

You didn't read that report where he was in the stands and was getting heckled by the opposing team, and started spouting off about wanting to fight them after the game???

March 1st, 2008, 4:10 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Lol, what stunt?

You didn't read that report where he was in the stands and was getting heckled by the opposing team, and started spouting off about wanting to fight them after the game???

Oh, what I heard is that it was blown outta proportion. Nothing representing or really hurting his "character."

March 1st, 2008, 6:02 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
Lol, what stunt?

Oh, what I heard is that it was blown outta proportion. Nothing representing or really hurting his "character."

You can say that if you want to, but everything I have heard about his "character" makes me want him less and less...

This whole thing is evidence of his "character" and his desire to be the center of attention... The whole corvette thing, the fight at the basketball game, and the fact that he's dragging this process out in not the most private manner makes me want nothing to do with him.

March 1st, 2008, 6:37 pm
RIP Killer

No one whould say a word about his character if he would have picked a school right away. If you watched any of his press conferences and listened to him he has turned down so many interviews and articles so he could just play basketball. For a kid looking for attention, he sure isn't doing much to get it.

You say, "not the most private manner" I say he has only been giving the media the smallest amount of information to say where he is. The facts are fans expected him to pick the first day, before he had to, before he was ready and because he didn't everyone who is still eagerly waiting is trying to find reasons to not like him.

March 2nd, 2008, 10:01 am
No one whould say a word about his character if he would have picked a school right away. If you watched any of his press conferences and listened to him he has turned down so many interviews and articles so he could just play basketball. For a kid looking for attention, he sure isn't doing much to get it.

You say, "not the most private manner" I say he has only been giving the media the smallest amount of information to say where he is. The facts are fans expected him to pick the first day, before he had to, before he was ready and because he didn't everyone who is still eagerly waiting is trying to find reasons to not like him.

He and his family are still releasing bits and pieces, just enough to keep him in the spotlight... All this crap about his Mom, his Dad, his personal preferences, the struggle to find the right school, and his multiple publicized visits to multiple schools reaks of an attention monger... I'm sick of him already, and he hasn't played a down of collegiate football...

March 2nd, 2008, 9:59 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

He and his family are still releasing bits and pieces, just enough to keep him in the spotlight... All this crap about his Mom, his Dad, his personal preferences, the struggle to find the right school, and his multiple publicized visits to multiple schools reaks of an attention monger... I'm sick of him already, and he hasn't played a down of collegiate football...

It's funny, the kid doesn;t do anything out of the ordinary except not pick a school on everyone elses timeline and turn down public attention left and right and everyone wants to call him an "attention monger." All he wanted to do was take all his visits and play his high school basketball. I've already had to hear this same BS from a few OSU fans so I'm not going to waste my breath on it here. The kid has done nothing to deserve being called an attention monger or anything of the such. He has turned down MANY media outlets to get out of the limelight. You want him to be silent, but then you want to know every time he takes a poop so you can try and figure out where he might go. Ironic how everyone wants it both ways and when he meets the attention and the seclusion in the middle, everyone attacks him. Sad how some fans just can't leave well enough alone with an 18 yr old kid making one of the biggest decisions of his life. Case of the broken heart is what I call it.

March 2nd, 2008, 11:37 pm
I don't want to know every time he takes a "poop," nor do I want to know what his grandfather, uncle, father, mother, etc. say about his school choice... He could make this MUCH more private if he wanted to. He could simply be silent until he makes a decision. He could stop visiting schools for the 3rd, and 4th time, despite knowing EVERYTHING they have to offer. He could shut up while on these visits, and stay out of trouble. He could not pose for photographs next to lavish cars. He could stop acting like this is a universe altering decision.

While "national signing day" is an arbitrary mark, one of which a student doesn't have to make a decision on, it is the day that the majority of students sign their letter of intent. Pryor has just as much information as everyone else on the matter, and had just as much time to make his decision. He has had roughly an additional month, and still no word from him, yet we have to continue to hear about every visit he plans to attend, is attending, and cancelled. It is utterly ridiculous how long he has drawn this out for, and he IS getting a ton of attention for it, and seems to love it. I can honestly say that I don't even want the kid going to U of M at this point.

March 3rd, 2008, 12:13 am
RIP Killer

yet we have to continue to hear about every visit he plans to attend, is attending, and cancelled.

You are placing the blame that shold be directed to the media and fans at pryor. Pryor does not write the articles. he has 20 or so people calling him a day asking for updates. If he says "I plan on visitong so on this date" and 30 articles are written about it and 40 other speculations are made, how is that Pryors fault. How at all does that point to him being an attention monger? You are basically asking him to be a recluse that doesn't even walk outside.

March 3rd, 2008, 7:59 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
yet we have to continue to hear about every visit he plans to attend, is attending, and cancelled.

You are placing the blame that shold be directed to the media and fans at pryor. Pryor does not write the articles. he has 20 or so people calling him a day asking for updates. If he says "I plan on visitong so on this date" and 30 articles are written about it and 40 other speculations are made, how is that Pryors fault. How at all does that point to him being an attention monger? You are basically asking him to be a recluse that doesn't even walk outside.

My point is that he shouldn't need to visit schools 3-4 times to make a decision... I could see MAYBE twice... They more or less give you everything they have to offer (especially when you are of his caliber) on your first visit there... IMO it is his love of attention, and the attention he receives on these visits, that prompts these visits... You can't say "all he wants to do is play his High School basketball..." when he keeps making a specticle of himself by trapsing around college campuses like some star, when he hasn't even thrown a NCAA pass as of yet.

March 3rd, 2008, 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next