View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Wolverine recruit persuit. 
Veteran General Manager

Post Wolverine recruit persuit.
Quote:
No. 1 recruit Perry enjoys visit to USC; Michigan next
Tom Markowski / The Detroit News

The state's top football prospect returned from his visit to Southern California on Sunday, and if today was signing day, Nick Perry of Detroit King might pick the Trojans.

"California was good," said Perry, a linebacker / defensive end rated the No. 1 Blue Chip prospect by The Detroit News. "So far (USC) has been the best place I've been to. They are ahead of Michigan State."

National signing day is two weeks away and Perry still has two official visits remaining. Perry is scheduled to visit Michigan on Saturday, followed by Miami (Fla.) the following weekend for his fourth and final visit.

"I just liked the environment, the surroundings," Perry said of USC. "I was around good people there -- the players, the coaches. Yes, I feel I could fit it. The need for defensive ends is great there. They want me to come in and compete (for the position) right away.

"I'm not going to commit until signing day. They wanted me to, but they're not pressuring me."

Perry (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) also played tight end and receiver at King, but his pass-catching days are over.

Not only is Perry rated the best player in the state, but Tom Lemming of Prep Football Report lists Perry as the No. 7 player overall in the country.

January 23rd, 2008, 2:30 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, that sucks! Earlier reports suggested that it was going to be between Michigan and Michigan State. Hopefully, he loves his visit to Ann Arbor and decides to stay closer to home.

January 23rd, 2008, 3:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Who wouldn't love SoCal? No surprise there.

Tim

January 23rd, 2008, 4:16 pm
RIP Killer

I'll be honest... if I had a choice... I'm not sure I'd pick OSU if I could go to California or Florida. I mean, come on...

January 23rd, 2008, 5:29 pm
Veteran General Manager

U-M RECRUITING: Good news for Wolverines: Terrelle Pryor cancels LSU visit

January 26, 2008

By Glenn Guilbeau

GANNETT NEWSPAPERS

Terrelle Pryor of Jeannette, Pa., has talked a lot about LSU in recent weeks and scheduled a visit to campus for this weekend, but he will not be coming after all.

Apparently, the No. 1 quarterback in the nation only has a passing interest in LSU.

"Right now it doesn't look likely that he will visit LSU at all," said area recruiting expert Sonny Shipp of Scout.com. "He's talked about coming in for a midweek visit, but nothing has been planned."

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound Pryor, who threw for 1,790 yards and rushed for another 1,901 last season, is considering Michigan and Ohio State as top contenders and also Oregon and Florida.

"He may hold out until after signing day to make up his mind," Shipp said. "So if that happens, there's a chance he could schedule a visit to LSU."

January 26th, 2008, 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]