View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Harsh reality? 
RIP Killer

Post Harsh reality?
I don't want to make this an argument, it is a legitimate question. With the Seniors graduating and the transfers taking place, who from the Wolverines do you think could start in the OSU football program this year?

Off the top of my head I could see Donovan Warren, Tim Jamison and Terence Taylor. They would at minimum see the feild if not suplant some of the Bucks' starters.

Who do you guys see as being starter material for OSU?

April 14th, 2008, 11:52 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Harsh Reality is a good title for this year's Wolverine team. It's not only the graduates and the transfers, but the guys that left early to enter the draft which will hurt. It's especially bad on offense where they lost 3 OL, both WRs, the QB (and his back-up), and the RB. The only returning guys from that unit that might win a starting job for the Bucknuts are TE Carson Butler (who probably won't play much in this offense) and WR Greg Mathews (who was over-shadowed by Manningham and Arrington, but is just as good).

On defense, you forgot about DE Brandon Graham (who's better than Jamison), LB Obi Ezah, and CB Morgan Trent. While Jenkins is better than either Warren or Trent, I think those two could lock up the #2 and #3 CB positions.

Also, I hope you realize that OSU is going to face a similar situation next year when they lose half their starters to graduation.

April 14th, 2008, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

Harsh Reality is a good title for this year's Wolverine team. It's not only the graduates and the transfers, but the guys that left early to enter the draft which will hurt. It's especially bad on offense where they lost 3 OL, both WRs, the QB (and his back-up), and the RB. The only returning guys from that unit that might win a starting job for the Bucknuts are TE Carson Butler (who probably won't play much in this offense) and WR Greg Mathews (who was over-shadowed by Manningham and Arrington, but is just as good).

On defense, you forgot about DE Brandon Graham (who's better than Jamison), LB Obi Ezah, and CB Morgan Trent. While Jenkins is better than either Warren or Trent, I think those two could lock up the #2 and #3 CB positions.

Also, I hope you realize that OSU is going to face a similar situation next year when they lose half their starters to graduation.

I do know that we are going to lose a lot of players, most bucknuts thought it would be this year, but with only Gholsten departing, we were saved another year. Hopefully that will allow some of the younger guys to mature and step into the starting role ready to go. We have a lot of talent ready to jump in.

April 14th, 2008, 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]