View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Michigan vs. Michigan State 

Who will win?
Michigan 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Michigan State 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 10

Michigan vs. Michigan State 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Michigan vs. Michigan State
Hey Pablo and any other Spartys out there, is "little brother" gonna come through this weekend and beat up on Michigan when they're down? This is their best opportunity to do so in a very long time. So what does everyone think?

October 21st, 2008, 12:27 pm
QB Coach

It depends on if Michigan can put a whole game together. They played for a half vs. Wisconsin and pulled out a win then they played a half vs. PSU and got blown out in the second half.

October 21st, 2008, 12:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 21st, 2008, 1:43 pm
RIP Killer

All homerism aside, since those of us wearing the Green and White can look at things rationally, lets see:

We have had one common opponent, State beat Notre Dame 23-7, Michigan lost 35-17.

State has lost to Cal and Ohio State, Michigan has lost to Utah, Notre Dame, Illinois, Penn State, and Toledo.

State is already bowl eligible, Michigan has won 3X as many games as they have currently won to become bowl eligible or every remaining game if they lose this weekend (and only one of those games is at the big house).

State ranks ahead of Michigan on offense and defense. State has a +4 turnover margin, Michigan is -8.

Oh, lets not forget that even though the game is in An Arbor, State is favored by 4.5 points.

Now, back to homerism.

October 21st, 2008, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just having fun, Pablo, even though I still think Michigan will beat "little brother" once again despite the fact that they stink this year. The annual late season MSU meltdown has begun, just like it always does. Besides, Michigan has their number at the Big House! :D

October 21st, 2008, 3:19 pm
Heisman Winner

Just having fun, Pablo, even though I still think Michigan will beat "little brother" once again despite the fact that they stink this year. The annual late season MSU meltdown has begun, just like it always does. Besides, Michigan has their number at the Big House! :D

Yeah what a melt down by "little brother". Not to say MSU played all that great it just further highlights how bad UofM actually is this season. Enjoy watching the bowl games from home this year, us Sparty's know how that feels from years past. :P

October 25th, 2008, 11:39 pm
Hall of Fame Player

All homerism aside, since those of us wearing the Green and White can look at things rationally, lets see:

We have had one common opponent, State beat Notre Dame 23-7, Michigan lost 35-17.

State has lost to Cal and Ohio State, Michigan has lost to Utah, Notre Dame, Illinois, Penn State, and Toledo.

State is already bowl eligible, Michigan has won 3X as many games as they have currently won to become bowl eligible or every remaining game if they lose this weekend (and only one of those games is at the big house).

State ranks ahead of Michigan on offense and defense. State has a +4 turnover margin, Michigan is -8.

Oh, lets not forget that even though the game is in An Arbor, State is favored by 4.5 points.

Now, back to homerism.

Excellent and well thought out post Buddy!

Congratulations on a victory for State!!

This was even my avatar yesterday!!

October 26th, 2008, 8:22 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Refs 14
UofM 7

I TiVO'd the game but had to stop watching at half, what a joke the refs were in this game. It was like Bo himself had suited up in the black and white while also running the replay booth. Every turnover for Michigan got an official review, State had to use their challenges, the first TD for Michigan was insane (not even worthy of a review), and you get PI's called against State in the end zone, yet both on MSU's Dell go uncalled.

As far as the first TD, when I about threw my dog thru the TV - the NCAA rule book states: "A player or an airborne player who touches a pylon is out of bounds."

I finally started watching the second half about 9PM last night after cooling down.

State totally dominated this game, outside of the kicking game with Michigan's punter booming punts all day and State missing FG after FG.

In the end, it was great to beat up on both the refs and our little sister in her home.

GO GREEN!

ps - me and all the Spartans are starting a fund to increase Rich Rodriguez's salary in the hopes of keeping him around for a long, long, time...

October 26th, 2008, 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]