View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Big 10 Expansion? 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Big 10 Expansion?
Quote:
Paterno: Expand Big Ten, but no Notre Dame

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM, Associated Press Writer May 27, 8:12 pm EDT

FOGELSVILLE, Pa. (AP)—Joe Paterno says he’d like to see either Rutgers, Pittsburgh or Syracuse join the Big Ten.

The Penn State coach also knows who he wants to keep out: Notre Dame.

Paterno, meeting with reporters Wednesday at an alumni event near Allentown, has long pushed for Big Ten expansion. A 12th team could ease scheduling difficulties and clear the way for a lucrative conference title game. Penn State joined as the conference’s 11th team in 1990.

Paterno said he’d like the Big Ten to add an Eastern school, especially one that plays in the New York media market. That would seem to favor Rutgers.

“If I had my choice, someone that can give us the biggest TV exposure in the East,” Paterno said, offering as possibilities “Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers. Not in that order.”

Notre Dame rejected an invitation to join the Big Ten a decade ago.

“There’s some pressure, I would suppose, to maybe go back to Notre Dame and ask again, which I would not be happy with,” Paterno said. “I think they’ve had their chance.”

I would like the Big 10 to expand to 20 team, and change it's name to The Mega 20 Conference.

Have two 10 team divisions.
Everyone plays the other 9 teams in their division + 2 non-Conference games.

That would leave room for a potential 12th game for the Conference Championship.

And then a 13th game in the Bowls.

May 28th, 2009, 11:01 pm
RIP Killer

June 7th, 2009, 1:50 pm
RIP Killer

June 7th, 2009, 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lets add Appalachian State.

That would mean MI would never have a chance to win a National Championship game. They have a 100% loss record against them, it isn't fair!

June 8th, 2009, 4:16 pm
QB Coach

OUCH!!! Sure kick a Wolverine while it's down, wouldn't want to do it while it's teeth were sharp. Well OSU did for the last 5 years, but not more.

I'm still not sure I like this spread offense garbage, I preferred the road graders, and I definitely think English should be coaching this team instead of someone who sold out WVU before the season was done.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 8th, 2009, 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]