View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 OSU/USC :( 
RIP Killer

Post OSU/USC :(
You would think being a Lions fan losing a game like this in the last 6 min would be easier to take. Makes it difficult when you are watching with a bunch of USC fans hen have to walk though a sea of them to get back home because you live near the middle of town.

The Bad:
1) Pryor is not living up to his own ego. He got erratic and scared when it got tough. He made mental mistakes, he needs to learn to calm the heck down.
2) We will not be able to consistently win in college football by playing like we are in the NFL. I think Tressel would make a good NFL head coach... he just does not have the guts to take a risk and go for a 1st when it is 4th and 1 on your opponents 39 yard line. USC went for 4 fourth down conversions and were 3 for 4. In college football, it is all about athleticism and emotion in the big games. We FINALLY played with some heart, but Tressel didn't do what he needed to to keep things going. USC did, which is why they continue to be the best college football program this decade.

The Good:
1) We didn't get dominated. We were the better team for 90% of the game. But for the last 10% of the game we looked like a bunch of clowns. We showed we deserve to be in the national stage, but we also proved we cannot close the games, see "The Bad."
2) Our defense is going to be fantastic the next 2 years. We are YOUNG everywhere. It'll be exciting to see these guys play for the next few years together.

The Honest:
1) It was closer than I thought it would be, but not good enough.
2) I really think Tressel either needs to find someone else to handle the play calling and the tough decisions or we need to get someone in that can. We are a top football team, but he can't close he games. He does everything UP TO the game like the best in the country. He just refuses to take the final step that makes college footballs best the best. He has the talent, he has them playing like the best, but he won't give them the opportunity to be the best when it's 4-1 and a very close game. I LOVE the guy, but seriously, I'm starting to get disappointed...

September 12th, 2009, 11:57 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

O'Dowd looked pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind moving him to OG if he declared.

September 13th, 2009, 12:05 am
RIP Killer

Dude punished some great DT's for fourth down conversions for QB sneaks. Pushed back 2-3 defenders to get Barkley up the middle.

September 13th, 2009, 12:18 am
QB Coach

A a Michigan fan I was sorry to see Ohio State lose that one. I noticed that Pryor came in to OSU way to cocky. I think he truly should of sat for a year before he got to play, he's showing his inexperience. He may be good enough to beat Big Ten teams, but not the the other powerhouse conference schools.

In comparison to Tate Forcier, the skill level is 180 degrees, and they aer both the same style of Qb. If I was Tressel, I'd be trying to get Forcier's brother to transfer from the school he was at. It's a Qb family, spread offencse style, so he could have a shot fo rthe future.

Pryor needs to sit, but I don't know if Tressel has anybody to take his place that would lead the team better.

Sorry to see y'all lost, but it was a good game.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 13th, 2009, 8:42 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I was actually surprised that O$U kept it close and almost won against U$C. I figured that the Bucknuts lost too much of their defense to graduation and wouldn't be able to stop the Trojans, but I was wrong. I didn't see the game last week, but where was the OSU defense against Navy? I thought USC would score atleast that much last night. In the end though, I'm just glad that the Suckeyes lost! :D GO BLUE!

September 13th, 2009, 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]