View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sam Bradford 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Sam Bradford
Anyone think Bradford regrets staying in school now? He has probably lost about $20M or more in guaranteed money. And he probably won't be healed enough to participate in the Combines. So, he might not get drafted until the 2nd round.

He is the poster boy for why a guy should enter the draft when your a lock to go in the 1st round.

October 30th, 2009, 12:40 am
Post Re: Sam Bradford
BillySims wrote:
Anyone think Bradford regrets staying in school now? He has probably lost about $20M or more in guaranteed money. And he probably won't be healed enough to participate in the Combines. So, he might not get drafted until the 2nd round.

He is the poster boy for why a guy should enter the draft when your a lock to go in the 1st round.

I really don't think that there's any chance that he lasts until the 2nd round. His injury history, more so than sitting out this year (the majority anyhow), IMO, will hurt his draft stock the most. If he can prove that he will be 100% by the start of camp, and if he can prove that there is a small likelihood of re-injuring his shoulder, IMO he'll be fine.

On a side note... I don't think that he will ever regret not coming out last year. I believe that we would have drafted him over Stafford (and rightly so), and THAT is a regrettable career choice...

October 30th, 2009, 12:43 am
RIP Killer

I agree with wjb. I think someone will nab him first round, but man did he miss out. He would have been #1 overall IMO as well... even over Stafford.

October 30th, 2009, 9:58 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I still think Bradford will go in the first round and probably in the top ten. There are just so many teams (Rams, Titans, Browns, Redskins, Bills, etc.) that need QBs that I can't see him falling very far. But I have to disagree with wjb here. I still think the Lions would have selected Stafford even if Bradford was in this year's draft.

October 30th, 2009, 12:34 pm
I still think Bradford will go in the first round and probably in the top ten. There are just so many teams (Rams, Titans, Browns, Redskins, Bills, etc.) that need QBs that I can't see him falling very far. But I have to disagree with wjb here. I still think the Lions would have selected Stafford even if Bradford was in this year's draft.

That may be true... We're not the smartest franchise in the world... :wink:

October 30th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

You guys may be right, but I'll go out on a limb here and say he doesn't go until the second.

October 30th, 2009, 8:51 pm
League MVP

stafford much better pro prospect than bradford

October 30th, 2009, 9:28 pm
RIP Killer

You guys may be right, but I'll go out on a limb here and say he doesn't go until the second.

Bummer for Bradford, but some team is going to get a steal with his situation IMO. He should be fighting Clausen for the #1 QB spot in a VERY good QB class.

November 19th, 2009, 8:06 pm
Pretty clear here... He didn't regret his decision to stay in school.

He's on a better team, with a better record, and likely has a brighter future than Stafford.

December 6th, 2010, 5:56 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:

He's on a better team, with a better record, and likely has a brighter future than Stafford.

Looks like it huh.

December 6th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Heisman Winner

I'm not a big personal fan of Bradford, (Go Cowboys) but he has incredible accuracy and can make every throw.

Glad he's staying healthy and doing good after the shoulder injuries.

December 7th, 2010, 10:08 am
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:

It is WAY WAY too early to make that assessment.

December 7th, 2010, 10:10 am
RIP Killer

How so? Bradford's transformed an offense worse than the Lions into a solid offense, with only one player worth half a crap. He doesn't have the talents of CJ, Nate, Pettigrew, etc. Bradford looks like a stud this season, behind an OL worse than ours.

Stafford, with two seasons under his belt, has played a whopping 13 games. Who cares about potential when we see it a few times a year? So far, Bradford's earning his paycheck...Stafford's not.

December 7th, 2010, 10:18 am
Modmin Dude

conversion02 wrote:
How so? Bradford's transformed an offense worse than the Lions into a solid offense, with only one player worth half a crap. He doesn't have the talents of CJ, Nate, Pettigrew, etc. Bradford looks like a stud this season, behind an OL worse than ours.

Stafford, with two seasons under his belt, has played a whopping 13 games. Who cares about potential when we see it a few times a year? So far, Bradford's earning his paycheck...Stafford's not.

Simple, we're talking about FUTURE, not here and now. If you want to say that Bradford is better NOW, then I will agree, but to say he "likely" has a brighter future than anyone, is IMO premature. Bradford is in year 1 and Stafford is in year 2, either one or both could have career ending injuries at any time. Let's revisit this in at least 2 years when each has had at least 3 years in the league (the so-called minimum to evalute players)

December 7th, 2010, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

Ok. Still, Bradford's putting up good numbers, commanding the offense, providing a spark to that team (which is pushing for playoffs), helping develop nobody WRs into gamers...all while Stafford continually visits Dr Andrews over the past 2 years.

December 7th, 2010, 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next