View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Week 2 Match-ups 
RIP Killer

Post Week 2 Match-ups
Got some good ones this week!

Good:
No. 22 Georgia at No. 24 South Carolina
No. 17 Florida State at No. 10 Oklahoma

Best:
No. 12 Miami (FL) at No. 2 Ohio State
No. 18 Penn State at No. 1 Alabama

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda:
Michigan at Notre Dame

September 8th, 2010, 1:33 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Week 2 Match-ups
Note: Ingram is out for the game against Penn State!

September 8th, 2010, 1:34 pm
I'm looking forward to the U of M/ ND game. I think it's going to be a great game, and it has serious implications as to how each team is going to do this season...

September 8th, 2010, 1:43 pm
RIP Killer

It is certainly going to be a tell tale game for each team. I really wish it still had it's luster though from a national standpoint.

September 8th, 2010, 1:44 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
It is certainly going to be a tell tale game for each team. I really wish it still had it's luster though from a national standpoint.

ditto. Used to love UofM vs ND weekend. I always cheer for UofM unless they are playing MSU, but no weekend moreso than when facing the Irish.

GO BLUE!

September 8th, 2010, 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But hey, if they get their heads out of their butts we have like 30 more years of games scheduled!

September 8th, 2010, 4:32 pm
steensn wrote:

I agree! After last week I'm hoping that we go out and smoke them, but if U of M loses this week it's going to be one helluva long season!...

September 8th, 2010, 4:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:

I agree! After last week I'm hoping that we go out and smoke them, but if U of M loses this week it's going to be one helluva long season!...

And it will be the last season of the travesty that is the RichRod era.

September 11th, 2010, 9:28 am
QB Coach

That was a pretty good Michigan/ND game today. I figured they had blown the game when ND took the lead because the offense had be stagnant the entire second half. I can't believe like 3 people failed to pick up the TE and the safety just kinda looked at him as he ran by and then turned to see the ball whiz past him. Robinson looks really good, and Roundtree looked solid as well. I still hate RichRod.

September 11th, 2010, 8:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I have finally gotten to see a game since RichRod took over. I don't know what that was. But, it wasn't MICHIGAN FOOTBALL.

Robinson is one heck of an athlete. But, do you really want your QB to be your top RB also? The defense was better than I expected.

My biggest problem with RichRod though is the circus that follows him around and the NCAA investigations that have followed him to Michigan from WV.

September 12th, 2010, 8:34 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Well, I think whoever you are you have to be impressed with these stats:

Quote:
A week after rushing for 197 yards against the Connecticut Huskies, QB Denard Robinson outdid himself in the Michigan Wolverines' 28-24 come-from-behind win at Notre Dame. His numbers against the Fighting Irish were staggering.

• 502 total yards against Notre Dame, a single-game school record.

• Ninth QB in NCAA history to rush (258) and pass (244) for 200+ yards in a game, and the first since West Virginia's Pat White in 2006.

• Set a Big Ten record for rushing yards in game by QB.

• Longest rush TD in Notre Dame Stadium history (87 yards).

• His 258 rushing yards are a single-game school record for a QB, and the fifth-highest single-game total in Michigan history.

Robinson now has 455 rushing yards this season. Last year, Michigan's leading rusher was Brandon Minor with 502 yards.

September 12th, 2010, 8:42 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I should add that Denard Robinson is currently #1 in rushing (455 yards) and in total offense (885 yards) in the FBS (Old Division 1). Unfortunately, Michigan is ranked 104th in total defense and they're not going to win very many games if they don't drastically improve in that area.

September 12th, 2010, 9:27 am
RIP Killer

Way to pull off the win guys! Even though my Bucks seemed to not know what to do on SP, we dominated the Canes.

September 12th, 2010, 10:00 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

It was a big win for U of M no doubt. It's the kind of game that makes you think they are starting to turn the corner. Note I didn't say "turned" just starting to turn. Being able to beat a pretty decent team in ND makes me happy, as watching the NBC broadcast I almost puked a few times listening to the arrogance of the ND types. Michigan has a long way to go to get back to where they once were, but winning cures all ills, as hopefully we'll see with the Lions soon enough. They should go into the Michigan State game undefeated and then we can see who they really are.

September 12th, 2010, 12:05 pm
RIP Killer

New top 25:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Congrats, MI back in it at #20!

September 12th, 2010, 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next