View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Week 3 Matchups 
RIP Killer

Post Week 3 Matchups
OSU's Posey against OU's Posey, Brothers to battle it off!

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/ ... 257919.txt

Should be fun!

September 16th, 2010, 10:10 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Week 3 Matchups
I believe the only matchup between Top 25 teams this week is Iowa at Arizona. ND vs MSU is usually a pretty good game to watch.

September 16th, 2010, 12:56 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Texas vs. Texas Tech game in Lubbock should be a good one too.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 16th, 2010, 1:13 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, pretty dull... but we can hope for fun upsets. I always root for some good ones.... Alabama would be fun to stumble for a loss against Duke... that would be interesting! I always root against Boise... because they choose to play in weaker conferences as well as TCU. I think it is crap...

But Texas Texas Tech is always a good game as well as Arkansas v Georgia

USC V Minnesota... for us Big Ten homers we can dream for an upset. Minnesota is a hot and cold team... maybe they'll be hot?

September 16th, 2010, 1:19 pm
The game I'm looking forward to most this weekend is MSU v ND, and I'm going to the U of M game!!!

:shock: :cheers:

September 16th, 2010, 1:22 pm
RIP Killer

Fun times!

September 16th, 2010, 1:46 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Yeah, pretty dull... but we can hope for fun upsets. I always root for some good ones.... Alabama would be fun to stumble for a loss against Duke... that would be interesting! I always root against Boise... because they choose to play in weaker conferences as well as TCU. I think it is crap...

But Texas Texas Tech is always a good game as well as Arkansas v Georgia

USC V Minnesota... for us Big Ten homers we can dream for an upset. Minnesota is a hot and cold team... maybe they'll be hot?

What is TT like these days since they got rid of that wacko coach?

September 16th, 2010, 2:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If you are familiar with the offense that Tommy Tuberville runs, then you should have an idea. I'm not all that familar with him other then he used to coach Auburn.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 16th, 2010, 3:12 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

I always root against Boise... because they choose to play in weaker conferences as well as TCU. I think it is crap...

Sounds like ND, ever since they went independent to get the $, they have played a soft schedule.

Army, Navy, Stanford, teams like this.

ALTHOUGH, the Big10/12 is now doing it with 3 or 4 gimme games. I like it for the smaller colleges getting some t.v. time, but I don't like the softness it brings to the schedules.

I think this is partially why the SEC is such a powerhouse right now, because 1. we play 8 or 9 tough games, 2. the different styles of football

I think that we need to have bowl games in the North, in the snow and cold to help compensate for what we have to deal with up here. It's only fair, and it allows for our fan base to get to games.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 17th, 2010, 9:04 am
RIP Killer

SEC doesn't schedule any harder than the Big 12 or Big 10. SEC plays just as many gimme games, same format as everyone else. What the SEC has to benefit is that their mid-low tier schools are better than the Big Ten and Big 12, Alabama played San Jose State first game, PSU, then Duke... how is that harder than Marshal, Miami, Ohio (OSU Sched)? I think it is a farce that somehow the SEC schedules harder games... the fact is that their lower end schools are better and forces them into a tougher sched. Look at OSU's schedule and it is just as tough if not more. I don't by the "they sched tougher" BS...

September 17th, 2010, 10:20 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I always root against Boise... because they choose to play in weaker conferences as well as TCU. I think it is crap...

Interesting choice of words because I don't believe either "choose" to play in weaker conferences. I'm pretty sure TCU would love to be in the Big12 down here in Fort Worth and I'm sure Boise would choose to be in a bigger BCS conference as well.

September 17th, 2010, 10:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Exactly - why would they NOT want more money???

September 17th, 2010, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Interesting choice of words because I don't believe either "choose" to play in weaker conferences. I'm pretty sure TCU would love to be in the Big12 down here in Fort Worth and I'm sure Boise would choose to be in a bigger BCS conference as well.

Boise just moved conferences... they didn't move to a Big 12 or something... Boise State went from the WAC to the Mountain West...

I'm sure the Big 12 will be looking for some more partners and a #4 ranked TCU should be at the top of their list.

September 17th, 2010, 10:39 am
Player of the Year - Offense

As a U of M fan, I thought this was hilarious. The language is rough but it's hilarious, i hope the link works.

Pure Michigan: U of M Football
www.youtube.com
spoof of the Pure Michigan ads, by John Kerfoot, highlighting University of Michigan football

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 17th, 2010, 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]