View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 I don't care what you think of Mallett... 
RIP Killer

Post I don't care what you think of Mallett...
Running him out was stupid... Kid can play and seems to have no problems down in Arkansas...

September 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Post Re: I don't care what you think of Mallett...
steensn wrote:
Running him out was stupid... Kid can play and seems to have no problems down in Arkansas...

Steen... NO ONE ran Mallett out of town. He was going to leave whether U of M's coach was Lloyd Carr or Rich Rod... There was nothing that RR could have done to get him to stay, and RR certainly didn't "run him out of town." He wanted to be closer to home, and he wasn't happy in MI. He made up his mind to leave long before Carr was fired.

September 25th, 2010, 4:55 pm
RIP Killer

I don't remember him wanting to leave with Carr there... I was sure it was after RR came on board.

September 25th, 2010, 4:59 pm
RIP Killer

Either way, MANY people were happy to see him leave.

September 25th, 2010, 5:05 pm
steensn wrote:
Either way, MANY people were happy to see him leave.

I don't know about that. The only knock that I heard about him was that he was a cocky, arrogant azzhole. There weren't many in the U of M family that wanted Mallett gone. We knew that there wasn't anything down the pike to replace him last year, and we knew that he was our best option at Qb last year.

I don't know where you get this "we ran him out of town" thing from. He wanted to be back home, and that's where he went.

September 25th, 2010, 5:33 pm
RIP Killer

I remember a lot of "GOOD" "He's a locker room issue" Maybe you didn't speak up... but it was very resounding. I'm 100% he would have stayed w/Carr.

September 25th, 2010, 5:35 pm
steensn wrote:
I remember a lot of "GOOD" "He's a locker room issue" Maybe you didn't speak up... but it was very resounding. I'm 100% he would have stayed w/Carr.

From what I heard, he was an azzhole in the locker-room, and it's because he wanted to be back home. You can be 100% certain that he would have stayed if Carr were the coach, but you'd be 100% wrong. There was a lot of talk that one of the reasons that Carr left was because he knew that Mallett was leaving, and the team was going to be terrible with no one left to replace him.

September 25th, 2010, 5:37 pm
RIP Killer

I was sure t as the other way around.

September 25th, 2010, 5:38 pm
RIP Killer

Ok so I mouth off and he goes and looses the game with two crucial INTs

September 25th, 2010, 6:50 pm
steensn wrote:
Ok so I mouth off and he goes and looses the game with two crucial INTs

Not only that... Did you see him telling someone "F*CK YOU" after one of his ints? That was the problem at U of M... Everything was someone else's fault. If he threw a pick, it was the WRs fault... If the ball wasn't caught, it was the WRs fault. He wanted out of here in a bad way, and he's doing exactly what he did here that ostracized him from the locker room at U of M.

He certainly would have made U of M a better football team if he would have stayed last year, but in the long run I think we're better off without him. That said, he wasn't ran out of town... He wanted out and he got it.

September 25th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

1. I met Mallet, he was an arrogant azzhole
2. All my friends in the AD told me that Carr tried to get him to leave halfway through the 07 season
3. Mallet's INTs cost Arkansas the game today
4. Mallet's talents would've been useless in the spread-option
5. Our offense is fine, our QB is more than fine

September 26th, 2010, 4:22 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I have no idea whether Mallett would have transferred or not if Carr had stayed, but I'll take wjb's word for it. It's a moot point now anyway. However, I did hear several times that he was a diva with an attitude problem, so perhaps it is best that he did leave. As Blueskies said, he wouldn't have fit the new offense.

September 26th, 2010, 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]