View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Michigan vs. Michigan State Smack Talk 
Post Re: Michigan vs. Michigan State Smack Talk
Lionman3 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
It really is ridiculous that anyone put Millen on any broadcast in this area. IMO it is semi ridiculous that he is on TV at all, after being exposed for a fraud by his tenure with the Lions.

I may be bringing and handing out multiple "Fire Millen" signs in blue and maze to the game on Sat.

we get this treatment because Espns priorites are.

Lebron
Favre
Yankees
Patriots
Kobe
Everyone else

since were not fans of The Heat, Vikings, Yankees Patriots or Lakers we get screwed. having millen analyze a game here is like Lebron analyzing a Cavs Game now.

I understand priorities, but c'mon! This is utterly ridiculous and amounts to nothing more than a bad business decision. ANYONE would be better for us and I guarantee you that ESPN LOSES viewers over this deal. It's ridiculous.

October 6th, 2010, 4:58 pm
QB Coach

I don't have a horse in this race, but I thought this was funny. Here's hoping for a good game.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 6th, 2010, 9:11 pm
3rd Round Selection

Co2 and Pablo, your both insane.

It's not the State winning part though, I could see it (though hopefully it doesn't happen)...but the Wolverines being held to under 30? Not going to happen, State is the best defense we've faced but they aren't good enough to stop Denard from putting up 30, this game is going to be a shootout and I could easily see the century mark being passed in combined score.

I wonder what the over/under for this game is anyway...

October 7th, 2010, 1:52 pm
RIP Killer

Rob_Shadows wrote:

It's not the State winning part though, I could see it (though hopefully it doesn't happen)...but the Wolverines being held to under 30? Not going to happen, State is the best defense we've faced but they aren't good enough to stop Denard from putting up 30, this game is going to be a shootout and I could easily see the century mark being passed in combined score.

The Woverines scored 30 against UConn and were held under 30 points by the Irish. I like State's LB group which I'm hoping can slow down Denard. You could be right and I'd be fine with that - should be a real fun game and I just hope both teams show up and Millen doesn't.

GO STATE!

October 7th, 2010, 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5657989

Quote:
Man puts off pacemaker for Spartans

DETROIT -- A devout Michigan State football fan called timeout before doctors could install a pacemaker in his chest Thursday, deferring the procedure until after the school's football game this weekend against rival Michigan.

Major Hester said he's willing to risk death so that he can watch Saturday's game in Ann Arbor on television. The Spartans are ranked 17th in the country and the Wolverines are ranked 18th.

Whatever happens, I want to see the game.

The 69-year-old retired office supply clerk said he put off the procedure until next week because he can't risk something going wrong on the operating table that would prevent him from watching the game.

"You never know," Hester told The Detroit News as he paced back and forth in his living room. "It's like going into combat. You may come home alive or you may come home dead."

Hester suffers from cardiomyopathy, a condition where the heart muscle is weakened. He said he's aware of the risk he's taking but is willing to take the chance.

"Whatever happens, I want to see the game," he said.

His friends took Hester's decision in stride.

They say Hester gives himself pep talks to try to "keep it calm" during games, turns down the television volume to keep from getting too excited, and smacks the coffee table, screams at coaches and curses out the referees from his couch.

He's even been banished to his bedroom like a scolded child and forced to watch games alone.

"I want to run the ball with them," Hester said. "I want to catch the pass."

October 8th, 2010, 9:38 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Wanting a UM win... but feeling a MSU win here guys. UM's first legit run defense they've faced all year while sporting the worst pass defense in college football. The same defense that allowed over 400 yards passing for Indiana who has like 50 yards total offense against OSU... I don't know... I think Cousins will have a great day and Robinson, while still having a great game, just won't put out enough. Both teams have won by barely outscoring their opponent all year and in those the Spartans have looked the best all around.

STill hoping for a UM win though.

October 9th, 2010, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

Watching this game, it is clear SEC soon won't have a handle on "speed" based offenses...

October 9th, 2010, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

LITTLE SISTER BITCH SLAPPED 34-17!

Rob_Shadows wrote:

You were saying Rob? And two of those scores came on drives when Michigan had to convert 4th downs.

Rob_Shadows wrote:
MSU 38 UofM 24

What the hell was I thinking giving UofM 24 points? My bad...

Q: What do you get when you tear Blue apart?

A: Rich Rodriguez of course.

I Image RichRod!

Guess who just took up permanent residence in East Lansing?

Don't worry UofM fans, I'm sure you can beat State in Women's badminton or something...

October 9th, 2010, 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

GO GREEN!!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 9th, 2010, 6:53 pm
RIP Killer

Welp, there it is!

October 9th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Can we just call Jim Harbaugh already?

October 9th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Congrats Sparty.

On a different note. What is Michigan going to do to fix this defense.

October 10th, 2010, 12:08 am
3rd Round Selection

Pablo wrote:
LITTLE SISTER BITCH SLAPPED 34-17!

Rob_Shadows wrote:

You were saying Rob? And two of those scores came on drives when Michigan had to convert 4th downs.

Rob_Shadows wrote:
MSU 38 UofM 24

What the hell was I thinking giving UofM 24 points? My bad...

Q: What do you get when you tear Blue apart?

A: Rich Rodriguez of course.

I Image RichRod!

Guess who just took up permanent residence in East Lansing?

Don't worry UofM fans, I'm sure you can beat State in Women's badminton or something...

Piss off:)

In all seriousness though there was no excuse NOT to score 30 points, State was giving us every chance they could to put up points but Denard was exposed for his lack of passing skills, he missed at least 3 TDs with two of the misses resulting in INTs in the redzone.

Defense sucked again as usual but that was expected (why exactly hasn't Greg Robinson been fired yet?) personally I think Denard deserves a ton of the blame (if not the majority) for this loss...no one expected the D to stop State from scoring but everyone expected Denard to score more and he failed to do so.

I really hope the AD isn't stupid enough to buy into what Rich has done so far he has to go, yes he's got the offense making big strides but until we get rid of that pathetic 3-3-5 we'll never compete in the Big 10.

I would hate to see the talent we have on offense (Denard, Devin and starting next year Hart) go to waste though, the offense does fit the spread best and I think we need to keep it so I'm not sure who to go after...I know the popular choice is Harbaugh but if it means dumping the spread and thus setting this team back even further I'm not a fan.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but....I wonder what Mike Leach could do at a school like Michigan.

October 10th, 2010, 6:16 am
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Can we just call Jim Harbaugh already?

+1. I haven't liked the RichRod hiring from the start. I have stated many times that I think Harbaugh should have gotten the job. I want my Wolverines running a pro set Offense and Defense. RichRod relies too heavily on one man. Robinson. Neutralize him, you neutralize the Wolverines.

October 10th, 2010, 7:57 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

As I expected (and that's why I didn't make a prediction), the Michigan defense was putrid as always. This is what happens when you have an idiot head coach who recruits more offensive skill players than OL and defensive players combined. This really isn't rocket science and is just another reason why DickRod must go. I just hope his inept 3-3-5 can stop enough Big Ten opponents to reach 6 wins and a bowl game. How pathetic is that?

October 10th, 2010, 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next