View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 It's that week.... THE GAME 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: It's that week.... THE GAME
steensn wrote:
But isn't RR offense one of the best in the country? Why would keeping him for that aspect be bad for the team?

Yes the offense is one of the best just as the defense is one of the worse in the country. What did it get us, an invite to the "toliet bowl" and NCAA probation after three years of effort. To me Harbaugh star is the brightess right now and if you wait and give RR another year, Harbaugh most likely will not be available next year. I doubt RR would stick around to be the OC, but one never knows.

November 30th, 2010, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

I just think if UM can keep the offense and get a real D coord in then they are set. Instead of starting all over on both, just start over in one area.

November 30th, 2010, 11:33 am

The scheme and the talent on the D side certainly doesn't help either, who's fault is that?

November 30th, 2010, 11:39 am
RIP Killer

It's more than just the DC, it's talent and lack of disciplined football (which, yes, is a large part of the DC's responsibility). Where's the run D? The talent in the secondary is atrocious. That team's lost a lot of talent and they need some replacements.

How many missed tackles have we seen this year? How many blown coverages? Quite a bit of that's on the players.

November 30th, 2010, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

Lots, but if they brought in a STRONG D coordinator to be more of a compliment to RR than under him you could get that.

November 30th, 2010, 11:51 am
Veteran General Manager

OK. Let me get this straight. Some of you want to keep RR as OC and hire someone else to be HC?

If that has ever happened in the history of football, I will bet it ended in a blood bath of misery.

If your gonna make a change, MAKE A CHANGE. Don't pussy foot it. I am quite sure that Harbaugh is intelligent enough to put the current players that will stay, after the change, to good enough use to get by until he can load the roster with his players.

As for the argument that Harbaugh might not want the job: If he doesn't want it, ( Which I think is bunk), then Ron English is just down the road at Eastern Michigan. Cam Cameron is also a real possibility.

Ron English likes an aggressive defense. Lloyd Carr held him back.

Cam Cameron is a very good OC that failed at Illinois. But, who doesn't fail at Illinois? He still has a tremendous resume.

Point is, if, for whatever reason, Harbaugh doesn't want the job, we still will have options.

November 30th, 2010, 11:55 am

RR is pretty adamant on running the 3-3-5, a defense designed to defend the spread and option offenses, not power running/pro style passing attacks. There is no peneatration or pass rush, you basically have five on three blocking and the FB has to take care of a LB and the running back has five yards of steam heading into the secondary and the QB has all day to pass. I would assume there are very few DC around who know how to run that defense effectively and that is one excuse I will give Greg Robinson for this years results. Randy Shannon was a pretty good DC and he's available, is he the guy? Would Brandon demand RR to change his scheme to keep his job? I guess time will tell.

November 30th, 2010, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

Never said demote RR, that won't happen. But you can bring in a D coord and tell RR that he has to let the D Coord role a bit on his own.

November 30th, 2010, 12:11 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
They actually came down to the Iowa game... but no one wants to blame themselves...

OK, guess for the other one-loss teams they don't have themselves to blame in that case - just MSU? BTW - no response to my comments about Wisc dominating MSU in the other thread???

November 30th, 2010, 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
My honest opinion is that MI's fastest route to winning again is a top notch DC.

I agree, and have to add... The HC, IMO, needs to be told that the DC has total control over the defense. The HC can still perform his regular duties and make calls to manage the game, but the defensive scheme is entirely up to the DC's discretion.

Re: Fg tryouts... If you think MI doesn't have 5 kids on their football team that can regularly kick 30+ yard Fgs in practice you're a complete moron. The problem is finding a 18-20 year old kid that can do it in front of 100,000 people with the game on the line - that's not easy to do.

Thanks for showing yet again what a pleasant DOUCHE BAG you have become over the past year! I used to respect your opinion. You USED to have something intelligent to contribute to the conversation...now you are just a bitchy jerk who isnults EVERYONE in a backhanded fashion. I should put this in the "im done" thread....cuz I am done with you...you cant go 2 posts without whinning and crying over something...insulting everyone who disagrees with you. Your negativity and complete lack of respect for others is downright disgusting, and Im done with it.

To Mods...sorry I know this is a total personal attack, but I just can't sit Idle anymore and read that garbage he spews to everyone...if you need me to find examples on why i feel this way...it wont be hard...look at any random ten posts of his and try to find 2 that he doesn't insult SOMEONE backhandedly...or downright directly.

November 30th, 2010, 1:52 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
My honest opinion is that MI's fastest route to winning again is a top notch DC.

I agree, and have to add... The HC, IMO, needs to be told that the DC has total control over the defense. The HC can still perform his regular duties and make calls to manage the game, but the defensive scheme is entirely up to the DC's discretion.

Re: Fg tryouts... If you think MI doesn't have 5 kids on their football team that can regularly kick 30+ yard Fgs in practice you're a complete moron. The problem is finding a 18-20 year old kid that can do it in front of 100,000 people with the game on the line - that's not easy to do.

Thanks for showing yet again what a pleasant DOUCHE BAG you have become over the past year! I used to respect your opinion. You USED to have something intelligent to contribute to the conversation...now you are just a bitchy jerk who isnults EVERYONE in a backhanded fashion. I should put this in the "im done" thread....cuz I am done with you...you cant go 2 posts without whinning and crying over something...insulting everyone who disagrees with you. Your negativity and complete lack of respect for others is downright disgusting, and Im done with it.

To Mods...sorry I know this is a total personal attack, but I just can't sit Idle anymore and read that garbage he spews to everyone...if you need me to find examples on why i feel this way...it wont be hard...look at any random ten posts of his and try to find 2 that he doesn't insult SOMEONE backhandedly...or downright directly.

You're hilarious. I didn't attack you at all. I attacked a way of thinking. Anyone that thinks a DI school doesn't have 5-6 guys on their roster that can kick a 30 to 40 yard Fg knows nothing about college football.

Be done with "me"... It's all the same on my end. I'm not the one that is whining and crying all the time. Go back and read. I'm the one pounding my head and criticizing the SAME DAMN THING year after year while YOU GUYS whine and cry! YOU GUYS think things are different with the Lions, YOU GUYS jump on and off band wagons, YOU GUYS whine and cry and say "WOH IS ME... I'M DONE!!!" for the 100th time. I've been solid as hell with my affection for the team, and solid as hell with my criticisms thereof. It's the other 70% of the board that whines and cries 1st about my opinion in the beginning of the season, and then 2nd about the state of the team in the 2nd half... It's not me whining in crying. If you want to see where that's coming from - look in the mirror.

November 30th, 2010, 2:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
You're hilarious. I didn't attack you at all. I attacked a way of thinking. Anyone that thinks a DI school doesn't have 5-6 guys on their roster that can kick a 30 to 40 yard Fg knows nothing about college football.

Thank you for proving my point...do you even realize how condescending you are? are you aware? or oblivious? (and I dont mean right now....I mean ALWAYS latly)

Quote:
Be done with "me"... It's all the same on my end. I'm not the one that is whining and crying all the time. Go back and read. I'm the one pounding my head and criticizing the SAME DAMN THING year after year while YOU GUYS whine and cry! YOU GUYS think things are different with the Lions, YOU GUYS jump on and off band wagons, YOU GUYS whine and cry and say "WOH IS ME... I'M DONE!!!" for the 100th time. I've been solid as hell with my affection for the team, and solid as hell with my criticisms thereof. It's the other 70% of the board that whines and cries 1st about my opinion in the beginning of the season, and then 2nd about the state of the team in the 2nd half... It's not me whining in crying. If you want to see where that's coming from - look in the mirror.

no suprise...but you got the wrong guy. I set realistic expectaions for this team...and so far they've met and exceeded my expectaions. with the exception of 2 games I've been relativly pleased with the team. so...nice try at deflection......

Look man...I KNOW you are smarter than you've been acting these past couple a months. but you have degraded YOURSELF by all this bulllcrap. you have NOTHING but complaints. and you are all attack full guns blazing every time someone disagrees with you...on multiple occasions. (and not even with me...im just tired of reading it anymore) I no longer CARE about your opinion...if you cant express you thoughts with out trying to make someone else look bad/dumb/ whatever.....then you are not worth my time. when you can disagree with someone and NOT be disrespectful or condescending or just dowright insulting...let me know. Untill then the message im replying to now is the last piece of dribble I will be reading from you.

November 30th, 2010, 3:01 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for proving my point...do you even realize how condescending you are? are you aware? or oblivious? (and I dont mean right now....I mean ALWAYS latly)

Quote:

no suprise...but you got the wrong guy. I set realistic expectaions for this team...and so far they've met and exceeded my expectaions. with the exception of 2 games I've been relativly pleased with the team. so...nice try at deflection......

Look man...I KNOW you are smarter than you've been acting these past couple a months. but you have degraded YOURSELF by all this bulllcrap. you have NOTHING but complaints. and you are all attack full guns blazing every time someone disagrees with you...on multiple occasions. (and not even with me...im just tired of reading it anymore) I no longer CARE about your opinion...if you cant express you thoughts with out trying to make someone else look bad/dumb/ whatever.....then you are not worth my time. when you can disagree with someone and NOT be disrespectful or condescending or just dowright insulting...let me know. Untill then the message im replying to now is the last piece of dribble I will be reading from you.

There is little to be pleased about with this team. The coveted first round running back that people on here clamored for and literally (if you take Jim Schwartz seriously) creamed themselves over, looks EXACTLY like the player that I thought he was. The state of the ENTIRE TEAM looks exactly like I thought it would, and yet 70% of the board comes on here and bashes ME early in the year for making "negative" (but correct!) statements about the state of our team, the decisions that we've made in the offseason, and the direction in which we are headed.

Now, after things have panned out EXACTLY like I thought they would posters on this site have turned their frustration toward the team, have gotten far more negative than I have ever been, cry ad nausiem about refs, bad calls, we're getting screwed, we suck, blah blah blah... whine whine whine...

What you're asking me to do is paint a rosier picture of what I think the state of the team is, so I don't seem so negative. I know that there is more to your post, and I'll get to it, but that's one of the biggest problems that you have with my posts - that they're so negative. I won't do that. I really don't see much to be pleased about. We're married to offensive lineman that will kill the productivity of this team for at least 2 more years, if not longer. I don't like the status of our Qb situation. I think CJ has his eyes fixated South bound on I-75. I don't believe Javid Best can or ever will be a primary running back (which means that we HAVE NO primary running back), and that's the GOOD SIDE OF THE BALL.

Could I be less condescending when I'm dealing with people on here? Absolutely, but go back and check your facts, posters like tgjr, Billy when he's riled up, vankman, etc. often start the personal attacks, or they beat something into the ground endlessly, put things in other people's mouths, discredit other people's opinions, request citations for people's opinions, and otherwise do the exact same thing that you're accusing me of. Could I handle it more intelligently? Absolutely. Why don't I? It takes too much time, and ultimately it wouldn't make a hill of difference.

November 30th, 2010, 3:19 pm
RIP Killer

Move it to the "I'm done" thread. This is an NCAA subforum.

November 30th, 2010, 3:26 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

There is little to be pleased about with this team. The coveted first round running back that people on here clamored for and literally (if you take Jim Schwartz seriously) creamed themselves over, looks EXACTLY like the player that I thought he was. The state of the ENTIRE TEAM looks exactly like I thought it would, and yet 70% of the board comes on here and bashes ME early in the year for making "negative" (but correct!) statements about the state of our team, the decisions that we've made in the offseason, and the direction in which we are headed.

Now, after things have panned out EXACTLY like I thought they would posters on this site have turned their frustration toward the team, have gotten far more negative than I have ever been, cry ad nausiem about refs, bad calls, we're getting screwed, we suck, blah blah blah... whine whine whine...

What you're asking me to do is paint a rosier picture of what I think the state of the team is, so I don't seem so negative. I know that there is more to your post, and I'll get to it, but that's one of the biggest problems that you have with my posts - that they're so negative. I won't do that. I really don't see much to be pleased about. We're married to offensive lineman that will kill the productivity of this team for at least 2 more years, if not longer. I don't like the status of our Qb situation. I think CJ has his eyes fixated South bound on I-75. I don't believe Javid Best can or ever will be a primary running back (which means that we HAVE NO primary running back), and that's the GOOD SIDE OF THE BALL.

Could I be less condescending when I'm dealing with people on here? Absolutely, but go back and check your facts, posters like tgjr, Billy when he's riled up, vankman, etc. often start the personal attacks, or they beat something into the ground endlessly, put things in other people's mouths, discredit other people's opinions, request citations for people's opinions, and otherwise do the exact same thing that you're accusing me of. Could I handle it more intelligently? Absolutely. Why don't I? It takes too much time, and ultimately it wouldn't make a hill of difference.

Plus, it's just SO GOOD for board activity. LOL.

November 30th, 2010, 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next