View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 3 Big Ten Teams in Top Ten 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 3 Big Ten Teams in Top Ten
But the tradoff for the huge tourney is the fact NO ONE cares about the regular season. MSU loses, even the MSU fan's could care less. OSU is ranked #2, I don't really care. That is 4 months of basketball no one cares about. With football, every single game matters. It matters that OSU lost to Wisc. It matters that MSU beat Wisc. It matters that Iowa beat MSU. You will lose that in a large playoff scenario. It is what makes college football so exciting each week.

I think it works in basketball because of the style of the sport. I think it is a terrible idea for football...

I think a lot of your complaints can be handled with conference championships, non of this 3 way tie crap... in that scenario we know the "best" teams from each conference and that gets most of the problems out of the way that we are seeing now. If the Big Ten, which they will now, had a title game this year, we wouldn't have this discussion. The SEC doesn't even worry about it, they crown one champ. That leaves 4 big conferences (Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, and Pac-10) where we know who the best teams are every year in the conference. Now we only have to worry about are the crappy conferences where someone might just pop up as good.

November 30th, 2010, 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4