View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 RR Gone? 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: RR Gone?
Blueskies wrote:
Hoke vastly beat my expectations.

I predicted 7 wins before the season. As a Michigan alum I'm glad he overachieved, I take my hat off to him!

That said, I put most of the success on Mattison--not Hoke. Even then, as others have said, this was kind of a lucky year for Michigan. They had an easy schedule, had the stars align for them in the ND game, and had the good fortune of playing a scandal-rocked and devastated OSU team at home.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan take a step back next year. I think they will get slaughtered against Alabama, but I'm still considering flying to Dallas to see that game.

It's a tough task to win 10 games in a season two years in a row. Any guess the last team to do that in the Big Ten?

December 5th, 2011, 8:51 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
It's a tough task to win 10 games in a season two years in a row. Any guess the last team to do that in the Big Ten?

Not really. The Big 10 sucks.

Wisconsin and Mich State have back-to-back 10+ win seasons going. OSU had a streak of ridiculous seasons under Tressel.

December 5th, 2011, 9:13 pm
QB Coach

aManNamedSuh wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure what you're point is here. Several teams have done this in the past 5 or so years.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 18th, 2011, 6:37 pm

I think he was trying to set it up so that he could brag about MSU.

But then failed miserably when confronted with the truth and was too embarrassed to come back to the topic and admit it.

December 19th, 2011, 1:07 am
Heisman Winner

Blueskies wrote:
I think he was trying to set it up so that he could brag about MSU.

But then failed miserably when confronted with the truth and was too embarrassed to come back to the topic and admit it.

Pretty much. But I wouldn't say having two back to back 10 win season is easy to do in the Big Ten, but like many people I didn't even think of Wisconsin.

December 19th, 2011, 1:40 am

I think OSU won 10+ games every season from 2005 until this year.

Not to take away from what MSU accomplished, but the Big 10 has so many garbage teams--NW, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue. If you're a decent college football team, any of those opponents should be an auto win unless they are having one of their once-in-a-blue-moon miracle seasons like they sometimes do every decade or so.

I really think this is a high water mark for MSU, and that it's down hill from here for them. I'll be impressed if Dantonio can keep the machine going.

December 19th, 2011, 1:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
I think OSU won 10+ games every season from 2005 until this year.

Yeah. But, they were using professional athletes. LOL.

December 19th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8