View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Tressel knew of gear scheme last April
Uh Oh!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ontroversy

Not looking good for sweater-vest!

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 8th, 2011, 4:22 pm
RIP Killer

Wouldn't you expect the AD to come back and take care of this?

March 8th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yes. I wouldn't expect a News Conference as SOON as he gets back though... next day.. yeah... but not as soon as he arrives on campus.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 8th, 2011, 5:27 pm
RIP Killer

Eh, usually where there is smoke there's fire, the story just doesn't add up. If there is something to this, it is more than Tressel recieved a phone call and didn't tell anyone end of story for 7 months. If you have the ability to get a hold of Tressel on the phone and keep his attention you have connections. Either there is a bigger problem here or it's bogus IMO. The story as insinuated to date just seems highly odd...

I'm not saying OSU or Tressel did anything wrong, I'm saying it cannot be as simply as the article claims it is.

March 8th, 2011, 5:48 pm
RIP Killer

Don't worry steensn, Rich Rodriguez is available!

March 8th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

Pablo wrote:
Don't worry steensn, Rich Rodriguez is available!

Rich is about to get his first win over OSU when the bucks vacate last season's wins. Hire him back!

March 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Head Cheerleader

Tressel's press conference cleared things up. His motives were good for keeping it quiet because a federal investigation was going on at the time. The yahoo story seemed to spin it into something bigger than it really was.

March 8th, 2011, 10:02 pm
NFL Team Captain

Tressel gets a 2 game suspension. Wonder if he will still get his game check?

They should have hung him from a buckeye tree. [-X

March 8th, 2011, 10:09 pm
RIP Killer

Everything makes more sense in context. He was definitely wrong in not saying anything, but he didn't lie or mislead the NCAA either. Tough situation when you are told in an email with confidentiality notes on in it and a federal investigation. He should face something, not sure if it is more than the OSU sanction they put on themselves, likely should be.

March 8th, 2011, 10:20 pm
RIP Killer

Here is something that Yahoo didn't note, the NCAA and OSU were already working on this issue. OSU reported this to the NCAA and they were working on figuring it out. Yahoo got this info second hand and brought it to the public like OSU or Tressel was being shady. But they already had told the NCAA and was working with them.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/ohio-st-b ... eport-ncaa

Emails in question:

http://www.610wtvn.com/pages/template/t ... ch2011.pdf

Seems as if the thought of reporting it didn't cross his mind and he thought he was doing the right thing.

March 8th, 2011, 10:57 pm
NFL Team Captain

Two games and $250K fine, imposed by OSU. ESPN is saying the NCAA will probably come down even harder.

While I'm enjoying seeing OSU in trouble, I must agree with whoever had a little rant (M2K?) about the NCAA. Basketball and football, the NCAA needs to be investigated.

The players are basiclly employed by a billion dollar company that dosen't pay them for their work. Bullshit :evil:

March 9th, 2011, 7:27 am
RIP Killer

I believe that was me going on about the players being used by the NCAA. But m2k might have as well.

March 9th, 2011, 10:18 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

We can argue if it is a good rule or not but the rule was broken and then covered up. This lame excuse that Tressel did not know who to consult with just cracks me up considering all of his experience, the salary he receives, his past track record, and the high level of esteem that is viewed upon him. If he doesn't know that their is a compliance department and legal cousel available then OSU is paying him way too much with that 3.5 mil a year salary. This is just the beginning of the frosting on the cake and I see much stiffer penalaties coming down and knowing how the NCAA moves that will probably be in like five years from now.

March 9th, 2011, 11:02 am
RIP Killer

Yes, whether the is a bigger issue or not is a different story regarding the rule...

But the context of what happened in this whole thing shows this is way overblown. It's about as lame as the "too much practie time" UM got busted for. We all know that these schools get floods of complaints and potential infractions all the time. In this case, you have someone NOT telling Tressel there is a potential infraction but rather telling him that Tressel should keep players away from this guy. Much different than what is being told in all these overblown news reports.

Did Tressel technically break a small rule, yes. Should he be punished, yes. it some dark stain showing just how "out of control" college athletics are... come on. ESPN's article is a joke if anyone took the time to read it. People want to get outraged like he sold his soul to the Devil or something.

March 9th, 2011, 11:07 am
RIP Killer

Suspended for both the Akron and Toledo games, wow - it doesn't get any bigger than that...

March 9th, 2011, 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 68  Next