View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction?
steensn wrote:
njroar wrote:
Well they have to do something. Pryor was still eligible when he announced he was leaving OSU and enter the supplemental draft. The suspension was because you can't skirt punishment by quitting. Tressel quit when he was still eligible to coach for the same circumstances. In a league that views that coaches and employees are to be held at the same if not stronger level as the players, how would Tressel resigning to avoid punishment be looked at any differently?

And breaking rules might not be against the law, but its still breaking rules.

As I said before, if they are going to make that stand for Pryor and the rules for drafting fine, just be consistent. This is the first time they've even attempted to pursue it, if it is that they want to change policy, then just make it across the board and I won't care. They have special rules for drafting and they should be able to enforce on those who might attempt to use it improperly.

For Tressel, the don't have to do a dang thing. Tressel could quit during the NC game at halftime and take a job with the Colts and it is irrelevant. Coaching eligibility is irrelevant. It's a job, he didn't do anything illegal, he doesn't go through a draft. It is not the NFL's job to hand out punishments for the NCAA as nothing illegal was done. The discussion of Tressel getting anything is simply MORONIC. He got the worst punishment possible, he LOST HIS JOB. One the NFL simply cannot even think of replacing.

You guys sit here and call for his head as the ultimate punishment, then turn around and act like he is trying to skimp out on punishment? This is utter nonsense... what next... should be have to donate his heart before dying to save Joe Paterno's life as a coach for 20 more years?

It was a first with Pryor, but also the first time a player skirted around punishment to enter the supplemental draft. Its supposed to be a draft for hardships (ie ineligibility for grades) not due to eligibility for punishment.

Tressel didn't LOSE HIS JOB, he resigned. Again, its a coach that quit, while facing punishment, then went to take a job. There's been plenty of coaches that have had ncaa issues show up after they left, but not just prior to their hire. Its a unique situation. And when the NFL's new standard policies are about the appearances of staying clean, hence the punishments when given no jail time, Tressel's standards when its still relevant have everything to do with the NFL policy. ALL employees have to live up to the standards. Its moronic to think that violating ncaa rules aren't breaking a law, so they should have no effect oh his resume.

September 4th, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

No, now you are twisting this all around. He didn't leave to not face his punishment. He wasn't "fired" but he was certainly ASKED to leave and we were told this.

NJOAR, you are continuing to change the story to ask for more punishment for these guys and go with anything said. Tressel paid the ultimate punishment, he was asked to retire. He was trying to dodge punishment, stop spreading lies and nonsense. It's like you don't want to acknowledge reality...

This is stupid to even consider the NFL taking any additional action on Tressel. Pryor had no official change in status before he left and declared for the supplemental draft so he tried to go around the whole point of the supplemental draft, I can see that as others are put under the same scrutiny. But to even consider Tressel "skirting punishment" Is to purposefully decide to be a moron. End of story.

September 4th, 2011, 4:22 pm

How am I changing the story? The NFL's rules state that they hold club personnel at a higher regard then players. If the player that skirts the system gets a 5 day suspension, how would the coach that essentially got him into that same trouble not be facing the same or longer suspension right now? Had he waited until next season, no one would have said a word. A new CBA, the NFLPA keeping close eyes on it due to the supposed stricter penalties for wrong doing by club staff, and this happening immediately following the infractions and you have a situation that is calling for action.

You can keep calling me an idiot, but I'm just stating the obvious. I could care less what happens to him. I'm not a Mich fan or Big 10 fan. I have no allegiances here.

Yes, we've been told the school asked him to step down after he publicly resigned. We fired him after he quit. And what I meant by skirting punishment, was he self suspended himself 5 games didn't he? Why not serve the 5 game suspension, then resign? He avoided the suspension by quitting. And quitting isn't punishment. That's a choice. Being banned from the game like the Tennessee coach... that's a punishment. Leaving and going somewhere else... please.

So keep calling me what you like. The only thing you're doing by STILL defending ex-coaches and players is show your homerism for OSU.

September 4th, 2011, 10:03 pm
RIP Killer

Because you dead nuts lying and know it by saying Tressel "skirted" the system to avoid punishment. That is moronic. He lost his JOB, one that paid mutli-millions of dollars a year for him to coach at and is one of the most prestigious coaching jobs in NCAA football. To sum it up as Tressel leaving to him avoiding a couple game or year suspension is STUPID and purposefully ignorant.Tressel didn't leave to avoid any punishment. TO say so is stupid NJOAR, I'm sorry, but just dumb and completely avoiding reality. Tressel got the WORST punishment possible, he was asked to leave his job. To act like it is anything other than that is plane stupid.

Pryor got his suspension because his eligibility hadn't changed and he supplementary draft is for those who's eligibility did change.There is ZERO connection between the two at all.

September 5th, 2011, 11:26 am
RIP Killer

Colts/Tressel decide to wait till game 7:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69325 ... venth-game

September 5th, 2011, 12:00 pm
RIP Killer

Tressel suspends himself again...

Pete Carrol can run from an obvious implosion of the USC program and no one in the NFL even cared...

September 5th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Tressel and Pryor's mistakes and mess opened up to the public right before the season started. USC blew up AFTER Carrol had already received the job. Timing is everything.

September 5th, 2011, 12:58 pm

And keep calling me a moron. You're the one defending the guy. Did he or did he not knowingly fail to report wrong doings on the part of his students? He first accepted a suspension and $250k fine (out of a 3.5 million dollar contract) and then later resigned when the news was getting worse. He quit. The school later said they asked him to leave, that he fell on his sword to save the school, and the school rewarded him with saying it was his idea so they paid him the remaining money on his contract.

He quit and avoided any other monetary penalities, so yes, that's skirting further punishment. He didn't lose his job, he chose to leave his job. That's not a penalty. And OSU saying they asked him to leave so they don't look ridiculous paying the remaining amount of his contract because he quit, doesn't change that. He quit a multi-million dollar job that he got every penny of his contract.

The only thing moronic about this is that you still act like he's a better man and that he shouldn't get scrutinized for breaking the rules. Should he be banned from sports due to this, no, of course not. And saying Pryor's suspension isn't connected?? If he had properly reported the incident in the first place, both would still be at OSU this season. Tressel's actions led to all this. How can you possibly say that isn't connected? The NFL had to act on this because of the timing of it with the new CBA. They weren't going to let Goodell get away with suspending the player and not do the same to the coach who put him in that situation.

September 5th, 2011, 1:16 pm
RIP Killer

Your right njoar, Tressel should for the rest of his life at every point have to speak to an NCAA violation. Again, he should give his heart to JoPa so he can keep coaching.

You are talking nonsense. He pretty much gets fired from his job, yet for some reason he is supposed to be punished everywhere he goes. Great logic... genius...

I haven't called YOU a moron of YOU stupid, just what you are saying.

September 5th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Did I ever say anything about him paying for it for the rest of his life? I've said multiple times in this thread, its was a unique situation because it JUST happened and due to the new CBA just going into effect the NFLPA wasn't going to let a coach that has multiple former players suspended currently just go to a new job in the league without penalty. Next year it will be or would have been a non-issue had he waited a year. It would be the same if any coach that had players under suspension tried to enter the league this year. Stop acting like its just because its OSU. That's the nonsense.

September 5th, 2011, 5:30 pm
RIP Killer

I'm didn't say you are against him because he was from OSU did I? I'm saying it's stupid and moronic to think he skirted any punishment. He could have stayed and gotten $3-4 million dollars and paid $500k or because he was driven out get no pay and not pay the $500k.... hmmm... do the math.

To say Tressel is skirting punishment is DUMB and flat out lying. You stop lying and I will listen to what you have to say on this.

September 5th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Except he payed 250k in fine and because the school later said they asked him to leave after he resigned, he got the remaining $$ on his 3.5 million contract. He didn't lose any money except the fine.

September 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm
RIP Killer

SOOOOO short sighted twisting this nonsense anyway you can. If you really think he wasn't in line for yet another huge fatty contract and many more years of coaching making top10 coaching salary then you are being purposefully dumb. He couldn't have received a worse punishment then being asked to leave accept for being fired. End of story, nothing more to even discuss. Had he had 5 game suspension and that is it he'd be BETTER OFF than he is now. Complete an utter nonsense.

September 5th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Junior Varsity

njroar, digging a hole and yelling into it is about as useful as debating with steen about anything osu-related, especially on this case. Not worth the trouble.

Tressel is a scumbag who got caught, had he not been pushed out he would have buried that program for the next several years. As it is, I think the punishment is fair and the program should continue with minimal additional punishment since they tagged it all on him (har har). Helps that your A.D. used to be on the compliance committee and knows how to navigate that, but whatever, they did their job and it's cool. And of course he should be allowed to work again. The stain on him will prevent him from another high-profile job anyway, appropriately. All's fair now.

Anyway, this post was spurred as advice to nj. Let steen keep playing with himself in this thread. It's what he likes best, and I hope he cums soon and get some relief.

September 5th, 2011, 11:05 pm
RIP Killer

fetumpsh, why are you such a douche?

Anyways, make up all the conspiracy theory stories you guys want to make you feel smarter. If you can't see past your own BS don't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

September 6th, 2011, 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next