View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction?
Look, you guys can argue 30+ pages that Tressel should be let go or told ot resign as the ultamite punishement all you want and rejoice when he get's told to leave. But after that, don't turn around and act like he got off easy. You guys spent 30+ pages telling me how 5 games or a years suspension wasn't enough and he should lose his job. But when he does, don't be so arogant and act like he bailed his punishement. That is the most blantent bass ackwards argument I've ever seen.

Jump all over any story that you think has plausbility like it is real, but when it ends up being wrong, don't just shy away and then 2 months later come back and act like I'm the one being blind here.

September 6th, 2011, 9:56 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I wanted to reply yesterday about Pete Carroll but got hung up and too busy. I think he's a huge scum bag and money whore who left the sinking ship before the women and children, like the guy on the Titantic. Hmmm! Now I'm feeling better.

September 6th, 2011, 10:03 am
RIP Killer

It's funny that basically the reason given after I posted it was "well he didn't get caught before he went into the NFL." Doesn't ever seem to stop Goodell from making a statement for players. Heck, Ben R. didn't even break a law techincally because he was never found guilty. Carrol leave USC right before the biggest sanctions since SMU... and Tressel get's suspended after losing his job!? What kinda jacked up logic you guys trying to pull over on me...

September 6th, 2011, 10:07 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Just heard the Comish on Mike and Mike awhile ago and he said Tressel's discipline was handled by the Colts but he would of gotten involved if they didn't do something. I cannot remember the Carrol time line but in my opinion he got away with murder and he should be held accountable for what happen on his watch at USC.

September 6th, 2011, 10:18 am
RIP Killer

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... ions_N.htm

Timeline and here is where Carrol fits:

Quote:
Not long before an NCAA report on violations at USC under Carroll was released, on January 10, 2010, Carroll told his players that he would resign his position with the Trojans and become the new head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

September 6th, 2011, 10:24 am
Junior Varsity

steensn wrote:
fetumpsh, why are you such a douche?

Anyways, make up all the conspiracy theory stories you guys want to make you feel smarter. If you can't see past your own BS don't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

It takes a cunt to recognize a douche.

And I started acting this way toward you because I got sick of you doing so much name-calling in this thread. We mostly agree that justice has been served here, but you're just an whiny bitch to most people who think differently. I'll stay out of this thread from now on, though, as it doesn't make me feel good to be rude. Enjoy yourself.

September 6th, 2011, 11:00 am
RIP Killer

Actually I have only called the thoughts and actions dumb for the most part, please stop taking things and making them what they are not.

It's not about "people thinking differently" in this case. We as the media watchers and public opinion have "banded together" to cause most of the issues here. Personal opinion is one thing, but when that personal opinion creates a force that negatively impacts people innocent of the specific crime it is no longer this "well it is just my personal opinion and I can have it" BS you guys keep acting like it is.

If you guys don't want to acknowledge the impact of your choices as a group then live in ignorance. If for one election people to band together in unison against the nonsense in Washington like public opinion and outrage came together against Pryor and Tressel we would see a lot more get done. Instead we waste it on proliferating lies against NON-CRIMINAL activity.

I sweat people have no clue about the impact the make with their "personal opinions" spouted off in unison. Society in general may be ignorant to the impact they make, but I'm not going to be even if you want to be a pain because you think I'm being bullheaded. This isn't about OSU, it as about what is right.

September 6th, 2011, 11:15 am
RIP Killer

3 players back from suspension against Toledo:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... reinstated

Not said whether they will regain their starting spots.

September 6th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

The major difference is that in any of the documentation on the Bush situation, Carrol was never found to hold back information. Don't get me wrong, USC deserved the punishment, but there wasn't any proof that Carrol personally knew what happened. Tressel had a paper trail. That's why the NFL couldn't do anything when it came to Carroll and the Seattle job, but were going to do something about Tressel. Also, the new conduct policy went into effect in 2007, and Bush was drafted in 2006. They didn't retro punish anyone, but if Butch Davis had tried to move back to the NFL last year when he had all his players suspended for the year, he would have had to face a suspension too. It had nothing to do with Tressel specifically.

All my comments were explaining WHY he was going to get a suspension. I could care less. I don't follow college football closely. It doesn't matter if you felt he had already been punished enough or not. The league and NFLPA aren't going to allow coaches that are as guilty as the players or try to hide the actions of players to go unpunished by jumping to the NFL, just as the actions of the players effect draft status or in Pryor's case suspension in exchange for being allowed to enter supplemental draft. Conduct isn't limited to the legality of the situation.

September 6th, 2011, 9:43 pm
RIP Killer

NJROAR, where your logic jumps the tracks comepletely is this absolutaly FOOLISH idea that Tressel skipped any punishement by being asked to leave his mulimillion dollar a year job. If missing 5 games is more of a punishement than being fired then we really have a moronic view of college football.

You simply cannot stand on an opinion based on an idea that him being asked to leave or be fired is not the ULTIMATE punishement. It is simply uterly and completely dumb. There is just no way around it, I can't say it any other way. It's completely ignorant and stupid.

Pryor went from a $0 paying football spot with no change in eligability AFTER the draft so he was found to be skirting the system. That makes all and well sense. Tressel's link to any punishement in the NCAA is an artificial link to keep the players happy because people are stupid.

September 7th, 2011, 10:17 am
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69360 ... im-tressel

Goodell can't even verbalize why he would suspend Tressel.

September 7th, 2011, 1:36 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6936083/roger-goodell-was-ready-discipline-indianapolis-colts-jim-tressel

Goodell can't even verbalize why he would suspend Tressel.

Goodell didn't need to 1) suspend him (because the Colts already did), or 2) go into details (cause they are quite obvious).

September 7th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

No, he is only trying to please the players... not define a good reason. The reasoning is asinine.

September 7th, 2011, 2:21 pm
RIP Killer

oh no, what am I doing back in this thread?

/mistake

September 7th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

;) come back Pablo! You know you want to get spanked again ;)

September 7th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next