View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 USC Stripped of 2004 National Title 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: USC Stripped of 2004 National Title
steensn wrote:
It's no question that OSU was the best team in the Big Ten last season so i have no worries about the whole thing. No one has accused them of cheating to be the best (accept what WJB makes up) so the only violation they are being accused of is "taking care" of the recruits they did get. That gives no competitive advantage even if it is true.

whoa whoa whoa....if in fact OSU IS "taking care" of it's recruits it absolutly is given an unfair competative advantage. its called getting a leg up on recruiting for the next batch..if they're doing it, they'd be selling it to new recruits.

and before you get yer undies all bunched up i did use the word "IF"

June 10th, 2011, 7:11 pm
RIP Killer

You just changed it to taking care of it's RECRUITS. Recruits by definition are not official players at the school. Not one drop of even accusations have been made that recruits knew about or were promised anything (though I expect when one well runs out dry this will be started as well from "unnamed sources"). OSU only gets a leg up on recruiting if recruits think that going there will give them any advantage on the side that going to another school wouldn't give them. That hasn't even been accused of yet meaning no change to the recruiting class would happen regardless if the accusations are true or not.

Until we get into this spilling into recruiting there is no case to be made OSU got a leg up on recruiting because of it.

June 10th, 2011, 7:26 pm

I didn't change it to say rectruits...you did bro...
Quote:
being accused of is "taking care" of the recruits they did get

I wasn't even aware that there WERE allegations of that, I just saw what you wrote and wanted to clearify the level of shennanniganns on the fair recruiting IF they were doing that. Nothing more nothing less.

June 10th, 2011, 8:31 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
I didn't change it to say rectruits...you did bro...
Quote:
being accused of is "taking care" of the recruits they did get

I wasn't even aware that there WERE allegations of that, I just saw what you wrote and wanted to clearify the level of shennanniganns on the fair recruiting IF they were doing that. Nothing more nothing less.

Please reread it... recruit they "did get" would be players that already signed. There is nothing to clarify because only WJB has made that accusation as he hasn't had a grip on the facts since the beginning and has made up a lot of stuff.

June 11th, 2011, 12:16 pm

ok I can see where i mis read that.

and im sorry but the whole WJB thing makes me laugh. I love it when outta the blue he throw a random "Wind Turbines are ugly" out there every couple a months. it gets ya riled up every time , and I giggle a lil bit. Ya gotta relax a lil with WJB...he's just trying to get a rise out of ya...successfully i might add.

June 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

See, you guys again assume "riled up." Anyone around me in real life says the exact opposite. I state my piece when something silly is said, that is all.

June 11th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Steen, it's clear that players went to OSU that were "taken care of" both in the past and on last years team. Pryor is one of them, which is why he bolted. The situation reeked of it after he signed with OSU after posing with brand new cars all over campus, and the evidence is mounting. You just don't want to see it.

There are also allegations with Mo, Troy Smith, and others... This has been an on-going institutional practice giving OSU a competitive edge to land "recruits" that eventually become players.

June 14th, 2011, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

Again you are taking allegations to a whole new level.

June 14th, 2011, 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3