View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MSU's new look for the UofM game 
RIP Killer

Post MSU's new look for the UofM game
Quote:
MSU unveils Nike Pro Combat uniform

EAST LANSING – Michigan State this morning unveiled the special uniforms players will wear for their Oct. 15 home football game against Michigan.

Bronze is prominent in the look. A statement from MSU says the color adds “an authentic strength and durability synonymous with the Spartan name.”

The new helmet is bronze with the Spartan logo on the side and a thick green stripe down the middle. The jerseys are dark green with bronze numbers and have the word "Spartans" in black on the back. The pants are black, the socks green and the cleats bronze.

“I like them,” said coach Mark Dantonio, who said that defensive end William Gholston was the player who asked him to look into getting a special jersey.

“I was going to see some of the Nike people. I just threw it out there. They came back with a product, and I asked our players if they liked that. Our players were very, very excited about it. So I like it. I think it's cutting-edge. Going to wear them for one game. It will make a statement for one game.”

MSU is one of nine teams set to wear Nike Pro Combat uniforms for one game this season, as Ohio State has the past two years against the Wolverines.

Dantonio said he went to the team’s Unity Council and asked whether they wanted to make any changes.

"They were all in, excited about it,” Dantonio said. “I think we did that with our administration as well, to show them. We were all on board.

“In this day and age, this is about recruiting, this is about young people, this is about being on the cutting edge of things. This is about change sometimes, not change for the long haul, but it's also about tradition and those type of things. I thought what Nike tried to do was take everything that we were as a Spartan and try to take that and mold that into this uniform. So I was very happy and excited about what they came back with.”

MSU wide receiver Keshawn Martin tweeted this morning: "Best unis Ive seen."

September 13th, 2011, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: MSU's new look for the UofM game
I think they look cool. OSU is doing it as well for the UM game again.

One thing, when they show these off they look a lot cooler than in person.

September 14th, 2011, 9:06 am
Player of the Year - Offense

So has Michigan used up their special uniform game by going with the Old School uni's. I liked them by the way. But I would definitely like to see something ultra aggressive by the way.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 14th, 2011, 11:52 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm not as hot on these uni's as some. Doesn't the MSU fight song have the line "Fight for the only colors, green and white"? Not Green and Bronze. I understand what they're trying to do, but these are silly. Something State has never really been able to do is decide what color green of "Green and White" is supposed to be. It's been a lot of different shades of green over the years and they're adding yet another. I think it's dumb.

I thought Georgia's pro combat uni's were awful, and I think these are just as bad. Nike is dictating, and the supplicants are placating. It's ridiculous. Did you hear Dantonio's comments? You could tell he hates them, but had to say they were cool and they would go with it. All college teams are slaves to their sponsors.

September 14th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]