View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Texas A&M Looking to Join SEC 
RIP Killer

Post Texas A&M Looking to Join SEC
OK... so we talked about the implosion last few years for the Big 12... but it seems as if this COULD be the straw that breaks the camels back.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... icial-says

Texas A&M is hoping to join the SEC.

This could pave the way for Texas to come to the Big Ten, which would be awesome.

August 14th, 2011, 9:49 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Texas A&M Looking to Join SEC
steensn wrote:
OK... so we talked about the implosion last few years for the Big 12... but it seems as if this COULD be the straw that breaks the camels back.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... icial-says

Texas A&M is hoping to join the SEC.

This could pave the way for Texas to come to the Big Ten, which would be awesome.

Texas was leaning toward the Pac10. Even though most think they are a better fit in the Big10.

August 14th, 2011, 9:53 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I doubt if Texas would join the B10 since the revenue sharing from what I understand is equal in the B10 and I doubt Texas would want to share. This is one reason why teams are fleeing the B12 in my opinion.

August 14th, 2011, 10:14 am
RIP Killer

Which is why Texas would have to change if they want to be in any conference as they are all going to a revenue sharing model to keep numbers in.

August 14th, 2011, 2:41 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Which is why Texas would have to change if they want to be in any conference as they are all going to a revenue sharing model to keep numbers in.

Some people even think that Texas might become an independent to keep its dollars.

August 14th, 2011, 2:59 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... e-texas-am

Game over, SEC is ok with alignment for now.

August 14th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Living down here in what used to be Big XII Country.. I can say that I have heard alot of people say they would welcome Texas going independent. Still keep their games against Oklahoma and A&M like ND does with USC and Michigan.

NEVER GIVE UP!

August 15th, 2011, 11:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

I would like to see Oklahoma and Texas join the Big 10. But, it looks like Texas is destined for independence when the Big 12 crumbles. I would be happy with Oklahoma and Mizzu (Missouri University) or Old Miss. That would bring the Big 10 to 14 teams. I actually want a 20 team Big 10. Rename the conference to the Mega 20. Two 10 team divisions. Each team would play the other 9 teams in their division and 1 team, ( Their big rivalry - UofM vs. OSU ), from the other division each year. and that leaves 1 or 2 games available for traditional non-conference games ie: ND and Mac teams. Then a Conference Championship game and then the bowl games. The 2 teams in the CCG would end up playing 13 or 14 games depending how many non-conference games they schedule.

I just think that in the not too distant future, that NCAA division 1 will consist of 4 conferences of 20 teams. Everyone else will be downgraded to division 2 as far as football is concerned.

August 15th, 2011, 11:18 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I just think that in the not too distant future, that NCAA division 1 will consist of 4 conferences of 20 teams. Everyone else will be downgraded to division 2 as far as football is concerned.

Let's hope UofM can turn it around quickly so they don't end up in Div 2 with teams like App State!

August 15th, 2011, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Let's hope UofM can turn it around quickly so they don't end up in Div 2 with teams like App State!

No need to rely on hope. We have a real HC with a legitimate plan now. Much like the Lions.

August 15th, 2011, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

No need to rely on hope. We have a real HC with a legitimate plan now. Much like the Lions.

I hope so, there is always an adjustment timeframe when switching coaches/schemes.

August 15th, 2011, 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Texas A&M get's ok to leave Big 12, still wants to move.

August 16th, 2011, 10:28 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't blame them for making waves, due to the unfair competitive advantage that Texas has with the Longhorn Network, but leaving the conference makes them look like chumps. Why would they want to be even more irrelevant then they are now if they were to move to the SEC?

I'm going to put it out there now that I think it's unfair for Texas to have the Longhorn Network which I see as there foray into being an independent school. The only way to fix it is to have 4 Super Conferences: Big 16 (B1G, and Big XII) Pac 16 (Pac-12+ Big XII) and 2 Hybrids of ACC/SEC/Big East. Doing so would put small conferences like CUSA, WAC, MWC, MAC into their rightful place, 1-AA or FCS or whatever it's called, and make ND and Texas realize they need a conference so they can compete for a National Title.

August 16th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Heisman Winner

Anywhere Oklahoma goes, Oklahoma State has to go with them so I don't see the Big 10 working out for them.

I've read some interesting rumors, I don't think the A&M to SEC deal is completely dead yet either. I also read if A&M goes to the SEC OU and OSU could go with them which would be completely insane. I still think a pac 16 is a more realistic option.

The best bet would just to stay the Big 12 and have A&M leave. The Big 12 could get Arkansas, Houston, or maybe Air Force to join the Big 12 and stay a pretty good conference.

August 16th, 2011, 4:59 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... elays-move

SEC votes to take in Texas A&M, here comes the implosion!

September 7th, 2011, 9:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next