View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 25th, 2019, 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Brady Hoke. 
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Post Re: Brady Hoke.
Everyone should be fired mid season.

September 27th, 2014, 6:11 pm

I'll reiterate: Hoke is worse than Rich Rod. 2-10 is a distinct possibility at this point.

Last edited by Blueskies on September 28th, 2014, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2014, 6:34 pm
National Champion

Whats the over under on the TD that UofM's offense will score the rest of the year? Whatever it is I'll take the under.

September 27th, 2014, 9:53 pm

I think the Shane Morris thing is being blown out of proportion, and if the team were 5-0, it'd be downplayed.

That said, whatever is necessary to make a change. I'm expecting shutout, blowout losses to both State and OSU this season.

http://mgoblog.com/content/profiles-cronyism-brady-hoke

September 29th, 2014, 12:02 pm
RIP Killer

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Whats the over under on the TD that UofM's offense will score the rest of the year? Whatever it is I'll take the under.

Don't worry, don't they play Minnesota this season? That should be a few easy scores for the offense right there since they scored 5 on offense against them last year!

oppps.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

September 29th, 2014, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Is Dave Brandon trying to recruit the next HC before he has fired Hoke?

Last week Jim Harbaugh announced that he isn't interested in UofM's HC job. And now this week, John Harbaugh announces he is not interested.

If Brandon is trying to hire the next HC before he has fired Hoke, that is a duche bag move and no HC worth having would accept a HC position before the current HC is fired.

September 29th, 2014, 3:50 pm
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
Is Dave Brandon trying to recruit the next HC before he has fired Hoke?

Last week Jim Harbaugh announced that he isn't interested in UofM's HC job. And now this week, John Harbaugh announces he is not interested.

If Brandon is trying to hire the next HC before he has fired Hoke, that is a duche bag move and no HC worth having would accept a HC position before the current HC is fired.
It will likely take Brandon being fired to get a good HC; maybe he's just grasping at straws..kinda like the free tickets w/Coke purchase.

September 29th, 2014, 4:20 pm
RIP Killer

Det News wrote:
Michigan recruit decommits as others consider options

Detroit — Cass Tech senior running back Mike Weber committed to Michigan in early August, saying he wanted to "help change things there to get them back to their winning ways."

Well, Michigan needs a four-star recruit like Weber more than ever before after getting off to a 2-3 start and struggling offensively.

So, is Weber still committed to Michigan or does he have second thoughts, especially with Brady Hoke firmly on the hot seat?

"I'm solid right now, pretty solid right now," Weber said Monday of his commitment. "I still want to take some visits, but I'm not sure where right now."

Weber picked Michigan over Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and USC.

"I think their program's slowed down right now," Weber said of Michigan. "I think offensively they have a few missing pieces as far as running back, quarterback and some receivers."

Weber returned from a foot injury last Friday to run for more than 100 yards, scoring on a pair of long touchdown runs in 1½ quarters of a one-sided win over Denby. He was officially invited to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl at halftime when he was presented with a jersey for the Jan. 3 game which will be played in San Antonio.

While Weber remains "solid" with his commitment to Michigan, four-star defensive tackle Darian Roseboro out of Lincolnton, North Carolina, is not. The 6-foot-3 285-pound Roseboro decommitted from Michigan on Monday.

Roseboro, who committed to Michigan Aug. 29, was at N.C. State's game against Florida State on Saturday. His cousin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback C.J. Wilson, played for the Wolfpack.

"Yes, I did decommit," Roseboro told The Detroit News on Monday night. "I discussed it with the coaching staff, talked to them before making it public. I really don't want to go into detail on my decision if that's alright. I don't know where I'll play. I just want to focus on my high school season right now."

It doesn't end there. ESPN Big Ten recruiting analyst Tom VanHaaren retweeted a tweet from Avon Old Farms (Connecticut) five-star tight end Chris Clark, which read: "If coach hoke gets fired that changes everything."

Clark later deleted the tweet.

Clark did not return a call to talk about his commitment to Michigan.

Birmingham Brother Rice quarterback Alex Malzone, meanwhile, hasn't wavered in his commitment to the Wolverines.

"I'm still 100 percent committed to Michigan and I have a great relationship with the coaching staff," said the 6-foot-2 210-pound Malzone, a four-star recruit who threw for 282 yards in Friday's 41-14 win over Detroit Catholic Central, most by a quarterback in the series. "I was at the game Saturday and talked with Coach Hoke after the game. Sure, things haven't gone as planned, but they've made changes, tried a few things that haven't been successful yet.

"Coach Hoke has been involved in controversy with the media (with quarterback Shane Morris) and I'm not sure why he's caught so much heat. I know Shane personally and he's a very competitive guy, just like I am. I think he wanted to stay in the game. They wouldn't have let him stay in if he waved to come out.

"Sure, they caught him staggering on the field, but I took some hits against De La Salle, one helmet-to-helmet and the coaches asked me if I wanted to take a series off. I told them we needed to win the game and I wanted to stay out there. I want to play unless I feel I'm a liability and I'm sure Shane felt the same way."

So, would Malzone keep his commitment to Michigan if Hoke was fired?

"I'm really excited to play for Coach Hoke," Malzone said. "Now, if things totally get blown up (Hoke fired), then I'd have to think things over. I'm just going to see how things play out. But, I know they are focused on getting better, fixing mistakes and being successful."

Tyree Kinnel, a four-star cornerback out of Wayne High School in Huber Heights, Ohio, also remains committed to Michigan.

"If (Hoke) were to lose his job and all the assistants, that means I'd have to evaluate the new coaching staff as they'd have to evaluate me," Kinnel said Monday. "That's the only way I would look at things and see what's the best fit for me. Other than that, I (am) committed to the University of Michigan."

Recruiting analyst Tom Lemming thinks Michigan fans should stop panicking. He talked of Florida's struggles last year and how the Gators had the No. 8 ranked recruiting class.

"The fans, everyone's overreacting," Lemming said. "They can turn things around with one snap, a big win. Michigan's done an excellent job of recruiting. They have a great organization and they're top notch. The thing that impressed me about Brady Hoke was he was always one step ahead in recruiting, very organized and very aggressive. The coaches are answering all the recruits questions after a loss like Notre Dame and again after that and the kids have bought into it. I don't know of any who have jumped ship. Now, if the press and administration start saying it's not safe (Hoke's job), then who knows, some kids could break away."

Lemming, whose comments were made an hour before Roseboro's decision, added, "They have a top-20 recruiting class and it would be top 10 if they had more numbers, but every one of their kids is a blue-chip recruit. (Grant) Newsome is one of the top tackles in the country, (Darian) Roseboro is a superstar as a pass rusher, (Darrin) Kirkland is a great linebacker, (Brian) Cole is the best athlete in Michigan and (Mike) Weber is one of the top running backs in the Midwest."

Oh, and Lemming said Hoke has an elite tackle in Erik Swenson (Downers Grove, Ill.), the No. 2-ranked player in the state for the 2016 class.

But, as Lemming has yet to find out, things can quickly change with Roseboro the first to jump ship as a result of Michigan's struggles on the field.

September 30th, 2014, 9:29 am
Profile WWW

Rich Rod crushes the mighty Oregon on the road. If DB hadn't fired him, he'd be at the top of lists for potential Hoke replacements.

What's ironic is that unless we get Harbaugh, or Stanford's current head coach, pretty much going to be forced to adopt the spread. There's really no qualified, pro-style candidates out there.

Arizona will make it to the Rose Bowl long before Michigan.

October 3rd, 2014, 1:48 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Whoever is the next HC, I want them to be excellent at recruiting SEC caliber talent.

October 3rd, 2014, 9:00 am

Mark Hudspeth?

October 3rd, 2014, 1:34 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Whoever is the next HC, I want them to be excellent at recruiting SEC caliber talent.

Because recruiting top level talent is an issue? In 2012 they ranked 7th overall, in 2013 they ranked #5. The only SEC teams that toped them were Florida and Alabama (BTW - MSU ranked 40 & 41).

Recruiting, per se, hasn't been the issue although it certainly is about to become one with commits already starting to back away from the program. Who would you rather play for? Dantonio or Hoke or unknown? Imagine being undecided and being invited to the game this year only to watch MSU manhandle the Wolverines for the 5th time in 6 years... And as a parent, imagine sending your kid to a school where they throw you back out their with a concussion.

It's a downward spiral right now in Ann Arbor, what they need it a coach who can transform their current identity!

October 3rd, 2014, 2:37 pm
Profile WWW

The recruiting rankings are highly deceptive. It's more hype than anything else, really. Plenty of five star recruits bomb. Many two and three star guys go pro. Arizona would crush every team in the big 10, and Rich Rod has been getting nothing but two and three star recruits the last few years.

At this point, I just want a coach with a proven track record. Harbaugh would be ideal, but anyone who has had consistent success would be fine by me.

October 3rd, 2014, 3:18 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

john harbaugh or les miles

lol @ the rich rod love, zona is inconsistent as seen in there struggles with UT San Antonio and Nevada. They caught Oregon at the right time with there OL depleted and on a short week. great win beating oregon for the 2nd year in a row but i wouldnt crown them just yet. even as he s doing a good job there doesnt change the fact that he was a horrible coach at UM setting the program back further than what anyone could imagine in their wildest dreams.

October 3rd, 2014, 9:10 pm

Rich Rod is an excellent coach. He isn't Saban level, but he's had success at every place he's ever coached at except one -- Michigan. He defenses have never been good, but he took a 4-8 Arizona team and went 8-5 twice. This year they'll probably win a solid 9 or 10 games with far less resources than Michigan.

The problem was not Rich Rod, the problem was Michigan. More specifically, the powers that be at Michigan (and hacks like Michael Rosenberg) who did everything in their power to ruin him because he was not a "Michigan Man."

Well, we got our "Michigan Man" and now we've been reduced to a laughing stock.

October 3rd, 2014, 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next