View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 24th, 2019, 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 UofM coaching search. 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: UofM coaching search.
After watching the presser, I think Harbaugh is all in and will kill it on the recruiting trails. I think he can make a difference with some of the guys in the program and accelerate there development but it all hinges on if there is a QB worth anything and who his coordinators will be. Defensively it might not be a tough transition if they held on to Mattison who also worked with John Harbaugh in Baltimore. Offensively I have no idea at this point and Im not sure if he ll be able to bring much of his 49er staff with him.

December 30th, 2014, 9:25 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
After watching the presser, I think Harbaugh is all in and will kill it on the recruiting trails. I think he can make a difference with some of the guys in the program and accelerate there development but it all hinges on if there is a QB worth anything and who his coordinators will be. Defensively it might not be a tough transition if they held on to Mattison who also worked with John Harbaugh in Baltimore. Offensively I have no idea at this point and Im not sure if he ll be able to bring much of his 49er staff with him.

He made Kaepernick into a star QB, so he can probably turn one of the guys on the roster into a decent starter until he can recruit someone.

December 30th, 2014, 10:59 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:

He made Kaepernick into a star QB, so he can probably turn one of the guys on the roster into a decent starter until he can recruit someone.

I have a lot of problems with how Kaepernick plays but I was impressed with Harbaugh s work with Alex Smith.

December 31st, 2014, 9:54 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I have a lot of problems with how Kaepernick plays but I was impressed with Harbaugh s work with Alex Smith.

I have always felt Kaepernick was a terrible passer. He was awful in college and its been showing up in the NFL now. The fact Harbaugh was able to make him seem like a complete player for most of his time there impressed me more than his work with Alex Smith, but they both show he can make something out of whatever talent his QB possesses. Given he's working with young college kids who should be easier to mold, I'll be surprised if whoever he decides to start as a QB doesn't look like a big time starter by the later part of the season even if he can't steal a prospect from another school.

December 31st, 2014, 10:15 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I have always felt Kaepernick was a terrible passer. He was awful in college and its been showing up in the NFL now. The fact Harbaugh was able to make him seem like a complete player for most of his time there impressed me more than his work with Alex Smith, but they both show he can make something out of whatever talent his QB possesses. Given he's working with young college kids who should be easier to mold, I'll be surprised if whoever he decides to start as a QB doesn't look like a big time starter by the later part of the season even if he can't steal a prospect from another school.

I agree with that but he did have Smith at like 70% completion percentage and made his career viewed into a new light. I havent seen enough of the guys Michigan has to have much of an idea on who the top guy will end up being except I dont think it could possibly be Bellomy. Morris has some athleticism and a nice throwing motion and arm but can he work hard enough and does he have accuracy? Malzone can throw and can throw accurately but he doesnt look like a college athlete physically with his size and athleticism and probably needs to develop some of that. Speight is my favorite right now to edge out Morris, he may not be more athletic or have the better arm but if he s a more accurate thrower there s a chance there to outwork Morris for the job.

December 31st, 2014, 10:46 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Hat tip to Urban Meyer, guy is a stud no doubt.

Without Harbaugh, Michigan would've really been in trouble.

January 2nd, 2015, 2:31 am
#1 Overall Pick

Big 10 East could be pretty decent. MSU's win over Baylor was impressive, as was Ohio's over Alabama. If Harbaugh can get Michigan back to top tier status, it could be a tough conference for years to come.

January 2nd, 2015, 9:21 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:
Big 10 East could be pretty decent. MSU's win over Baylor was impressive, as was Ohio's over Alabama. If Harbaugh can get Michigan back to top tier status, it could be a tough conference for years to come.

Big Ten! Nice win by Wisconsin as well...

January 2nd, 2015, 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Pablo wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

Big Ten! Nice win by Wisconsin as well...

yup and the sham that is Arizona got exposed further as well. No Hail Mary's this time.

January 2nd, 2015, 5:21 pm
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
Michigan sophomore guard Kyle Bosch to transfer

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan's winter semester will officially begin Wednesday, and it'll take place without Kyle Bosch.

Bosch, a 6-foot-5, 303-pound sophomore offensive guard, will transfer from Michigan after a meeting with new head coach Jim Harbaugh earlier Monday, per a source close to the situation.

Bosch, a St. Charles, Illinois product, left Michigan's team after the 2014 season-opener for a "personal leave of absence."

That leave of absence lasted the entire season, and now former head coach Brady Hoke said in November he expected Bosch to be back with the program in January.

No official reason for Bosch's leave of absence was ever provided by Michigan.

"Kyle Bosch has taken a leave of absence for an undetermined amount of time for personal reasons," Hoke stated at the time. "We ask that his privacy be respected at this time. We wish him the best and look forward to his return."

Bosch played in a total of five games during his time at Michigan, making three starts as a true freshman in 2013.

He played one snap -- the final offensive snap of the game -- against Appalachian State in 2014. However, per 247, Bosch was told by Michigan's compliance office that he will get his redshirt year back despite the one play.

Bosch is the second Michigan player to transfer since Hoke was fired on Dec. 2. True freshman linebacker Michael Ferns transferred to West Virginia last month.

January 6th, 2015, 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Wondering what the end of the cable bundle will mean for the Big 10. Looks like it might survive another 2, maybe 3-5 years, and then everyone will just pick the channels they want via the web.

Completely undermines the purpose of the B10 expansion.

January 6th, 2015, 12:47 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Durkin signed on as UofM's DC today.

Quote:
Smith Waiting On Durkin, Talks Michigan
Dec 31, 1:29 PM

One name that has popped up recently regarding Michigan is elite 2015 linebacker Roquan Smith (Montezuma, GA/Macon County). There were rumors that he would consider an official visit to Ann Arbor if they hire current Florida DC/interim coach DJ Durkin to their head spot, and he confirmed this to GatorBait.net recruiting analyst Luke Stampini on Wednesday.

"If Durkin goes to Michigan, I'm going to take one of my visits there because I know him and know what kind of guy he is," Smith said. "He's just a great guy. He takes care of his players on and off the field."

Durkin has been rumored to be the top candidate to take over the currently vacated defensive coordinator spot for the Wolverines. He coached with Harbaugh at Stanford for 2007-2009 and has also worked with Greg Mattison, Michigan's last defensive coordinator and a candidate himself to remain on Harbaugh's staff.

Quote:
Durkin Agrees To Join Wolverines
6 hours ago

Wolverine247 has confirmed that former Florida defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin will take the same position at Michigan, giving the Wolverines their offensive and defensive coordinators under head coach Jim Harbaugh.

Durkin, 36, is considered one of the bright young defensive minds in the country, coaching under Harbaugh at Stanford and turning it into a full-fledged defensive coordinator spot under Will Muschamp at Florida, where the Gators ranked 9th in the country in total defense in 2014.

Durkin will join former Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison on the current staff. The two worked together when Durkin was a graduate assistant at Notre Dame in 2003 and 2004.

Quote:
Wheatley Interviewing For Staff Spot
10 hours ago

Wolverine247 has confirmed reports that former Michigan legend running back Tyrone Wheatley is in Ann Arbor to interview for a position on Jim Harbaugh's staff.

Wheatley, who is still currently employed by the Buffalo Bills of the NFL, has been linked to an opening on Michigan's staff for upwards of a month now, and would likely be named as a running backs coach, or potentially a co-offensive coordinator along with former USC assistant Tim Drevno.

Michigan's staff hasn't come together as quickly as first anticipated, but with Florida defensive coordinator DJ Durkin likely to join in the near future, things are starting to take shape. A potential addition of Wheatley would be major from both an experience and recruiting standpoint. Wheatley started his coaching career as head coach of his high school alma mater at Dearborn Heights (MI) Robichaud. He then moved on to Ohio Northern, Eastern Michigan and Syracuse respectively before moving to the NFL to coach in Buffalo.

Another important note regarding Wheatley is the status of his son, 2015 four-star tight end Tyrone Wheatley Jr., who remains one of the top targets on the Wolverines' board. He recently named a top four that didn't include Michigan, but with his dad as a potential assistant, it could change things in his recruitment.

January 6th, 2015, 9:30 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
By the way, how has Sparty been doing in Basketball lately? It's almost like UofM and MSU switched uniforms or something.

How's UofM basketball doing since the OT loss in East Lansing when they couldn't find the net. "Switched uniforms" - humm, the Spartans sweep the season series and look in route to their 18th straight NCAA tournament which puts Izzo only behind Krzyzewski and the late great Dean Smith who have gone to more in a row. Izzo took over in 1995, he has never had a losing record overall or in the Big 10.

Even in a down year, the Spartans are 9-4 and tied for 2nd in the Big 10 (18-8 overall). UofM is one of only three Big 10 teams to not have a winning overall record along with Northwestern and Rutgers.

As for Michigan being like MSU, well since State goes to the tournament like clockwork, Michigan probably won't even make the NIT this year. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

February 18th, 2015, 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
By the way, how has Sparty been doing in Basketball lately? It's almost like UofM and MSU switched uniforms or something.

How's UofM basketball doing since the OT loss in East Lansing when they couldn't find the net. "Switched uniforms" - humm, the Spartans sweep the season series and look in route to their 18th straight NCAA tournament which puts Izzo only behind Krzyzewski and the late great Dean Smith who have gone to more in a row. Izzo took over in 1995, he has never had a losing record overall or in the Big 10.

Even in a down year, the Spartans are 9-4 and tied for 2nd in the Big 10 (18-8 overall). UofM is one of only three Big 10 teams to not have a winning overall record along with Northwestern and Rutgers.

As for Michigan being like MSU, well since State goes to the tournament like clockwork, Michigan probably won't even make the NIT this year. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Our best player has been out for the season for about a month now with an injury. And sadly, our roster wasn't deep this year.

February 18th, 2015, 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8