View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 1:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Gentry Flips From Texas

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Z ... n-35030828

Michigan has flipped former Texas QB commitment Zach Gentry.

Gentry was offered a scholarship by head coach Jim Harbaugh after an in-home visit on Monday and immediately scheduled an official visit to Ann Arbor for the weekend.

There were rumors that Gentry was not happy with Texas and Charlie Strong's pursuit of five-star Kyler Murray. The commitment of Gentry gives Michigan and Harbaugh their second quarterback commitment of the cycle, joining Brother Rice four-star Alex Malzone, who is already enrolled on campus.

Gentry held offers from Tennessee, Alabama, Texas and many others before committing to the Longhorns last May. He is ranked 175th overall according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Author
Steve Lorenz @TremendousUM

January 26th, 2015, 10:28 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This kid is a Monster. A true Freak of Nature at 6'7" and as athletic as he is. He has all the tools to play on Sunday. Now, he will get trained how to play by a true QB Guru.

January 26th, 2015, 10:31 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Just thought I would mention: With the recruitment of Brandon Peters, Zach Gentry has been switched to TE. He has the size and athletic ability for it. But, I have got to say that this move surprised me. Just 1 year after Harbaugh pronounced him as the next Andrew Luck. I trust Harbaugh's judgement on QB issues. But, this move gives me flashbacks to Sparky Anderson pronouncing each prospect as the next fill in the blank. And then watching that prospect fizzle.

If Brandon Peters works out, then fantastic. And, hopefully, Gentry becomes a great TE.

December 3rd, 2016, 3:05 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

BillySims wrote:
Just thought I would mention: With the recruitment of Brandon Peters, Zach Gentry has been switched to TE. He has the size and athletic ability for it. But, I have got to say that this move surprised me. Just 1 year after Harbaugh pronounced him as the next Andrew Luck. I trust Harbaugh's judgement on QB issues. But, this move gives me flashbacks to Sparky Anderson pronouncing each prospect as the next fill in the blank. And then watching that prospect fizzle.

If Brandon Peters works out, then fantastic. And, hopefully, Gentry becomes a great TE.

harbaugh has brought in a lot of QBs so its no surprise that any of them no matter how hyped end up falling down the depth chart. qb depth chart for next season looks like it will be:

Speight, O'korn (possible transfer if not given 5th year by harbaugh), Morris (another possible transfer but I think he s staying), Peters (can he beat out Speight?), Malzone (possible transfer/dismissal?), McCaffrey

It seems Peters and McCaffrey will battle it out to be the first of Harbaugh s recruited QBs to play for Michigan (not counting transfer players)

i think i saw gentry in on a fg block attempt against ohio state, trying to get one of those long arms on the ball from the LOS. TE is still a featured position for the UM offense so Gentry is still in a good spot there. He may have a chance to get some snaps at TE next season with Butt and Hill moving on, but still a lot of competition at the TE spot also.

December 3rd, 2016, 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]