View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2018, 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Sparty 2015 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Sparty 2015
Nice to see our system QB lead us to another 11-win season (5th in last 6 years) and Big Ten Championship game (3rd in 5 years)! One win from BCS Championship playoffs. Hey committee, how about putting them in Dallas again...

It feels awesome to bleed green - Go State!

November 28th, 2015, 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
Nice to see our system QB lead us to another 11-win season (5th in last 6 years) and Big Ten Championship game (3rd in 5 years)! One win from BCS Championship playoffs. Hey committee, how about putting them in Dallas again...

Congratulations Sparty. Now kick some Hawkeye butt.

And asking a question is not calling him a system QB. I had to listen on the radio. So, I asked about the impression I was getting based on what I was hearing.

November 28th, 2015, 8:32 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Congrats to Sparty. Now i dont care about the miracle fumble because it wouldnt have mattered. UM not rdy yet. I hope MSU crusheds Iowa and wins the National Title.

November 28th, 2015, 10:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Congrats to Sparty again, this time for the win over Iowa in the BIG title game.

December 6th, 2015, 2:42 am
Pro Bowl Player

Looks like the estimation is that Sparty gets to #3 and plays alabama. I hope not, but only because i want to see the 2 smashmouth football teams play the 2 high profile offenses in the semis to see which type of team wins out on the big stage. If ssmashmouth football wins out id love to see Alabama vs MSU in the national title.

December 6th, 2015, 3:53 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

#3 Michigan State vs #2 Alabama at the Cotton Bowl - IN DALLAS!

I've watched a little Alabama, can run and play good defense - not too impressed with their passing game. Going to take a defense that can take the run away and a top notch QB to beat them. Give Cook's shoulder time to rehab and I think the Spartans have a good chance to knock off our former head coach...

Also, let's give some love to our bball team that will be ranked #1 next week.

Great time to be a State Alum and Spartan fan - Go Green, Go White!

December 6th, 2015, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Go Green, so excited for tonight's game. I'm liking MSU's chances in this game, Alabama's strengths and weaknesses match perfectly for MSU strengths and weaknesses. I'm expecting it to come down to the last possession.

December 31st, 2015, 5:50 pm
Team MVP

welp

January 1st, 2016, 12:44 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

January 1st, 2016, 12:49 am
National Champion

That went poorly. Alabama is MSU kryptonite it appears. Last two rectum kickings have come from their feet.

January 1st, 2016, 1:59 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

January 16th, 2016, 11:11 pm
RIP Killer

and the National Champions still scored less on us that your biggest rival did in your house the week after we beat them without our QB.

When you finally beat once in the next eight years (if the current trend holds), then maybe you can talk some smack.

January 17th, 2016, 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Pablo wrote:

What are your thoughts on Cook as an NFL prospect? Coming into this season from what I have observed casually without really studying him is as more of a game manager type of QB. I wouldnt say system QB bc they run a lot of multiple sets, etc and that should have him very well prepared in learning new schemes and being asked to have a multitude of responsibilities as a pro. Still, my question is to his actual skill set field vision, arm talent and accuracy. I personally dont think I ve seen a player with exceptional talent to warrant a first round pick but certainly I could see him being able to start in a few years. Comparing him to Kirk Cousins coming out of college I dont see the accuracy and the leadership that made Cousins intriguing as a middle round prospect. Cook seems to protect the ball a small amount better, maybe scans the field more and probably has a little more zip on his throws but I dont see why he should be rated appreciably better than Cousins was coming out of college.

January 29th, 2016, 2:18 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
Pablo wrote:

What are your thoughts on Cook as an NFL prospect? Coming into this season from what I have observed casually without really studying him is as more of a game manager type of QB. I wouldnt say system QB bc they run a lot of multiple sets, etc and that should have him very well prepared in learning new schemes and being asked to have a multitude of responsibilities as a pro. Still, my question is to his actual skill set field vision, arm talent and accuracy. I personally dont think I ve seen a player with exceptional talent to warrant a first round pick but certainly I could see him being able to start in a few years. Comparing him to Kirk Cousins coming out of college I dont see the accuracy and the leadership that made Cousins intriguing as a middle round prospect. Cook seems to protect the ball a small amount better, maybe scans the field more and probably has a little more zip on his throws but I dont see why he should be rated appreciably better than Cousins was coming out of college.

This was a tough year to judge him, he was really coming on before the injury. The injuries along the OL kept that group in front of him in flux most of the season and the running game wasn't much of a threat. I was impressed with his accuracy improvement, but after the injury this was way off and his ability to throw deep even in the bowl game was very limited. I think Cook is a better prospect than cousins, probably 2nd round value. I'm personally not sure about his leadership qualities, hard to judge that from the sidelines - I leave that to the scouting process. That said, he is usually solid at the end of a close game with the ball in his hands. I think he does have decent arm talent, but I'd like to see consistent accuracy (much like Stafford). I like his vision most of the time as he goes through progressions pretty well and often does a good job of looking off the safeties.

January 30th, 2016, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8