View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2018, 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Sparty 2015 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Sparty 2015
You've handled your kick to the nuts a little better, ill give you that.

Normally I feel the same way you do Pablo about "Every other week of tghe year", except in this case you'll excuse me if I Dance on my couch for this "karmic opportunity" where UM could win out and be B10 Champs if OSU beats MSU and UM beats OSU... so in this case I was happy to see Nebraska pull it out. ANd I will be (shudder) rooting for OSU vs MSU, but only because of the weight it would add to UM-OSU. Otherwise I agree with the "Every other week" method of rooting for MSU, even as a UM fan.

November 9th, 2015, 1:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
You've handled your kick to the nuts a little better, ill give you that.

Normally I feel the same way you do Pablo about "Every other week of tghe year", except in this case you'll excuse me if I Dance on my couch for this "karmic opportunity" where UM could win out and be B10 Champs if OSU beats MSU and UM beats OSU... so in this case I was happy to see Nebraska pull it out. ANd I will be (shudder) rooting for OSU vs MSU, but only because of the weight it would add to UM-OSU. Otherwise I agree with the "Every other week" method of rooting for MSU, even as a UM fan.

Understood and I would pull for Michigan's opponent if it benefited State as well. You are totally excused my friend...

November 9th, 2015, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Well, to be fair, you guys would look pretty hypocritical if you did complain about it. So, I do give you guys credit for not complaining.

Why would we be hypocritical?

Because of everything you guys said to refute what us Wolverines said.

OK. I think the two situations are a little apples to oranges. The winning play in the UoM/MSU game was dictated by the players and coaches, the winning playing in the MSU/NEB game was dictated by a blown call by the refs. Which is worse?

Regardless, despite how many Wolverines still continue to look down their noses at State it is pretty clear after these two games which fan base showed a lot of class after a tough loss. I know a lot of fans of both schools, as I'm sure many of you do as well, I'm proud how well my fellow Spartans handled this. It starts with Coach Dantonio (and Coach Izzo in bball), we follow their lead - two class acts.

You can attribute it to us trying not to be hypocritical if you want, you say you give us credit but try to discredit that same credit you give. Perhaps those that follow the Maize and Blue can learn something from their neighbors to the north...

Doesn't matter, I still am a Michigan fan every week of the year except when you play the Spartans despite the lack of respect shown over and over. I truly hope Michigan can continue the turnaround over the long haul, I'd love to see two football powerhouses in the state.

Go Green, Go Blue!

So the last couple of posts in the Michigan thread are classy eh? Hmmmmm.....

November 17th, 2015, 9:57 am
National Champion

regularjoe12 wrote:
So the last couple of posts in the Michigan thread are classy eh? Hmmmmm.....

Playful jabs, get some thicker skin.

November 17th, 2015, 11:03 am
RIP Killer

Down goes Ohio State!

The Horseshoe - no problem...
Cold and Rain - no problem...
Backup QB - no problem...
Two turnovers, all 14 OSU points - no problem...

Thankfully, the refs were not a problem...

One game from Big Ten Championship game - again... GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

November 21st, 2015, 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Go Green! Go White!! Go SPARTANS!!

Im curious to hear from certain maize and blue fans as to how Ohio St. "LET" them win, and how MSU didnt really win. Fire away UofM fans, im sure you got something creative.

November 21st, 2015, 7:53 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Congrats to Sparty. Your defense stymied the Bucknuts. Well deserved victory.

November 22nd, 2015, 12:23 am
Martha Firestone Ford

kdsberman wrote:
Go Green! Go White!! Go SPARTANS!!

Im curious to hear from certain maize and blue fans as to how Ohio St. "LET" them win, and how MSU didnt really win. Fire away UofM fans, im sure you got something creative.

Inferiority complex much. Why do you need big brothers validation? Just enjoy your success. To hell with what anyone else thinks.

November 22nd, 2015, 10:08 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:

Thanks Billy! As you know I always pull for UofM except when they play MSU. This is especially true of when they play OSU. That said, I'm not sure what outcome yet helps the Spartans BCS chances yet but know deep down I'd really like to see Michigan whoop up on the Buckeyes.

It will be interesting to see how the rankings come out this week. Surely the Spartans should get in with road wins against Michigan and Ohio State plus a neutral field Big Ten Championship win over an undefeated Iowa.

Have to say, after that game yesterday the Nebraska out-of-bounds winning TD stings a bit more now...

November 22nd, 2015, 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Thanks Billy! As you know I always pull for UofM except when they play MSU. This is especially true of when they play OSU. That said, I'm not sure what outcome yet helps the Spartans BCS chances yet but know deep down I'd really like to see Michigan whoop up on the Buckeyes.

It will be interesting to see how the rankings come out this week. Surely the Spartans should get in with road wins against Michigan and Ohio State plus a neutral field Big Ten Championship win over an undefeated Iowa.

Have to say, after that game yesterday the Nebraska out-of-bounds winning TD stings a bit more now...

This was a hard one for me. I guess I should just look at it as a game I "cant lose". I wanted OSU to win (shuddeR), but only because it opened the path to the B10 Champ game. That said, I was so happy to watch OSU lose and now begin to implode.

Was a great win for MSU, but Now I will root for Penn State (without the prev reservations i had rooting for OSU). Go Blue!

Really, I would just hate to have that fluke/miracle play be what sends MSU to the Playoff vs Michigan, even though none of u expected a season like this out of UM. .

November 23rd, 2015, 1:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Nobody has asked, but for Connor Cook: I'm going with separated AC joint (again). My guess is he needs surgery, but sometimes these things fix themselves. Until he has to say otherwise, Dantonio will keep saying Cook is day to day.

November 23rd, 2015, 7:20 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I do have 1 question that came to mind while I was listening to the MSU VS OSU game last weekend.
Connor Cook: Is he a system QB?

I had to listen on XM radio. But, it sure didn't sound like MSU missed Cook very much.

November 23rd, 2015, 11:29 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I do have 1 question that came to mind while I was listening to the MSU VS OSU game last weekend.

I had to listen on XM radio. But, it sure didn't sound like MSU missed Cook very much.

Our backup QBs passed for a total of 91 yards, you really don't think we missed Cook? MSU won this game with their defense. System QB - have you actually watched Cook play?

November 24th, 2015, 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Our backup QBs passed for a total of 91 yards, you really don't think we missed Cook? MSU won this game with their defense. System QB - have you actually watched Cook play?

Kind of hard to watch him play when I have to LISTEN ON XM RADIO. LOL.

But, anyway, that is why I asked the question. Radio can be misleading. You can follow the game. But, the announcers can draw a mental picture for you that isn't entirely accurate.

November 24th, 2015, 11:04 am
Pro Bowl Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

System QB as a moniker doesnt make sense when the "System" is a Pro Style offense. If you want to say he is a mediocre QB made to look better by a great OL, WR RB etc then that makes sense, but to me a System QB is like a Spread offense guy who doesnt normally play in a Traditional off. MSU is as traditional as it gets from watching them.

P.S. - I am not saying I think he is mediocre. I dont think hes the next coming of Tom brady, but he reminds me a lot of other MSU pro style QBs having success (to varying degrees) in the Pros such as Hoyer and Cousins, ad I think he is better than Foles or Stanton.

November 24th, 2015, 7:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next