View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 25th, 2019, 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Michigan football 2016. 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Michigan football 2016.
DJ-B wrote:
Yep. If they Lose to OSU it would take multiple unbeatens stumbling, and to have that loss be at the end of the game by a single possession, for voters to justify leaving UM in the top 4. Shades of the season where they were #1 and #2 respectively and we (UM) lost by what 3... int he last game of the season (pre divs and champ game for b10). Some in the media were voting to try and make the Title game a rematch of "The Game", but instead OSU played the Gators and got mugged 41-14 while UM lost to USC at the Rose bowl.

i think what ended up happening that year with both OSU and UM tanking there bowl games now makes qualifying for the playoff a bit more difficult for a team that loses in the last week of the season. on the other hand - 4 teams qualify now instead of 2, sooo...maybe?

October 29th, 2016, 7:04 pm
RIP Killer

Congrats Michigan on the win. No doubt they are the better team but a much closer game than I expected with MSU in it until the end. Not getting the TD on the 2nd from last possession was a killer. Not sure why Dantonio went for 2 at the end when a XP cuts the game to 6, why, why, why? Kick the field goal and then dial up the onsides kick.

I was really surprised how evenly matched these teams were...Credit it to a "rivalry" game

Key Stats:
First Downs - UofM 24, MSU 23 - Even
Passing Yds - UofM 244, MSU 184 - Adv UofM
Rushing Yds - MSU 217, UofM 192 - Adv MSU
Turnovers - 1 each - Even
Possession - UofM 30:16, MSU 29:44 - Even

I'll be routing for Michigan (and of course MSU) the rest of the season - Go Blue, Go Green!

October 30th, 2016, 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Pablo wrote:
Congrats Michigan on the win. No doubt they are the better team but a much closer game than I expected with MSU in it until the end. Not getting the TD on the 2nd from last possession was a killer. Not sure why Dantonio went for 2 at the end when a XP cuts the game to 6, why, why, why? Kick the field goal and then dial up the onsides kick.

I was really surprised how evenly matched these teams were...Credit it to a "rivalry" game

Key Stats:
First Downs - UofM 24, MSU 23 - Even
Passing Yds - UofM 244, MSU 184 - Adv UofM
Rushing Yds - MSU 217, UofM 192 - Adv MSU
Turnovers - 1 each - Even
Possession - UofM 30:16, MSU 29:44 - Even

I'll be routing for Michigan (and of course MSU) the rest of the season - Go Blue, Go Green!

It could be argued that the score (and stats) was only close thanks to garbage time, but either way it was a good game. State fans have a lot to look forward to though. That Red Shirt Freshman looked goood! It may have been against a prevent D but he still showed a ton of promise. This is going to be a good rivalry for a while.

October 30th, 2016, 12:37 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Not sure what State has to look forward to. I understand they just lost a key group of seniors, but this is like Rich Rod's first season level of bad. And at least he took out a top 10 Wisconsin team that year.

It's shocking how they've gone from one of the best teams in CFB to, quite frankly, one of the worst.

November 6th, 2016, 5:18 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Blueskies wrote:
Not sure what State has to look forward to. I understand they just lost a key group of seniors, but this is like Rich Rod's first season level of bad. And at least he took out a top 10 Wisconsin team that year.

It's shocking how they've gone from one of the best teams in CFB to, quite frankly, one of the worst.

1 more loss and MSU won't be bowl eligible. Let this be a lesson for Sparty. Don't go getting arrogant about your football team until you have had several decades of sustained excellence as the basis for your arrogance.

November 6th, 2016, 10:34 am

BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

1 more loss and MSU won't be bowl eligible. Let this be a lesson for Sparty. Don't go getting arrogant about your football team until you have had several decades of sustained excellence as the basis for your arrogance.

So close billy....then you just up and did the thing you warned against! Michigan is a newly rebuilt program, that has a more visible history of rich rod, than it does of Bo. It would be foolish to think that Michigan has instantly returned to its former glory, especially before we have played Ohio State yet. I preached to the state fans about sportsmanship since last year, and have been proud of my fellow Wolverine fans this year...don't ruin it.

I'm glad Michigan is relevant again, I'll be even more glad when both can destroy Ohio State in the same year. Here is to hoping State can pull it together and both teams are national contenders soon.

November 7th, 2016, 8:42 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

So close billy....then you just up and did the thing you warned against! Michigan is a newly rebuilt program, that has a more visible history of rich rod, than it does of Bo. It would be foolish to think that Michigan has instantly returned to its former glory, especially before we have played Ohio State yet. I preached to the state fans about sportsmanship since last year, and have been proud of my fellow Wolverine fans this year...don't ruin it.

I'm glad Michigan is relevant again, I'll be even more glad when both can destroy Ohio State in the same year. Here is to hoping State can pull it together and both teams are national contenders soon.

I didn't say 1 darn thing about UofM in my post. It totally about MSU. They jealousy, called us arrogant in the 90's. Then they had a good streak. And boom, they got arrogant without a significant history to back up the arrogance. I'm not saying it was anyone on this board that acted arrogantly. But, a large contingent of Spartyville did.

November 8th, 2016, 1:44 am
RIP Killer

Arrogant? They lost their best QB in history and 3 stud OL to the NFL. They lost their best pass rusher and have suffered a ton of injuries. Losing talent and injuries have killed the Spartans, not arrogance.

I have to say most UofM fans lack class. I route for UofM whenever they aren't playing State, UofM love it when MSU has a bad season. I've seen it all over Facebook and the funny thing is that almost all UofM fans I know didn't even go to school there.

Stay classy Spartans and I still wish UofM nothing but the best this season despite their fans.

November 8th, 2016, 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
Arrogant? They lost their best QB in history and 3 stud OL to the NFL. They lost their best pass rusher and have suffered a ton of injuries. Losing talent and injuries have killed the Spartans, not arrogance.

I have to say most UofM fans lack class. I route for UofM whenever they aren't playing State, UofM love it when MSU has a bad season. I've seen it all over Facebook and the funny thing is that almost all UofM fans I know didn't even go to school there.

Stay classy Spartans and I still wish UofM nothing but the best this season despite their fans.

Woah there hold on...I never said anything about the Spartans being arrogant, but last year their fans were. You mentioned Facebook, last year my feed was covered in how awesome MSU was over UoM...because they won on a fluke play. This is bad sportsmanship, and yes arrogant. You know what my feed doesn't have this year? UofM fans rubbing in the win spartan fans faces...and this was a much stronger win. So far this year what I'm seeing out of billy is more an anomaly than the norm. Maybe your feed is different than mine, but that may be due to smack talk too, I don't know. (In fairness I doubt that...you've never shown to be a braggart here).

November 8th, 2016, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

Not all UofM fans, but in general I certainly find MSU fans want both teams to do well. UofM fans want Michigan to do well and MSU to go down in flames. Personally, I think it is best when both schools are doing well in the two major sports...

As for MSU winning on a "fluke" play, I'm sick of hearing about that. MSU was the better team in just about every statistical measure that afternoon - go ahead and take a peak at the box score again. Watch that "fluke" play again, MSU lined everyone up to block the kick while Michigan still set up to stop a return. That is poor coaching. MSU outplayed Michigan that day and outcoached UofM when it mattered - that isn't a fluke.

If you statistically look at the game, as done here, State should have won the game by over 17 points. You can say State was fluky or lucky to win this game, in reality Michigan was lucky to only lose by 4.

November 9th, 2016, 11:54 am
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
Not all UofM fans, but in general I certainly find MSU fans want both teams to do well. UofM fans want Michigan to do well and MSU to go down in flames. Personally, I think it is best when both schools are doing well in the two major sports...

As for MSU winning on a "fluke" play, I'm sick of hearing about that. MSU was the better team in just about every statistical measure that afternoon - go ahead and take a peak at the box score again. Watch that "fluke" play again, MSU lined everyone up to block the kick while Michigan still set up to stop a return. That is poor coaching. MSU outplayed Michigan that day and outcoached UofM when it mattered - that isn't a fluke.

If you statistically look at the game, as done here, State should have won the game by over 17 points. You can say State was fluky or lucky to win this game, in reality Michigan was lucky to only lose by 4.

it was a win, and fans should be happy for it, but it's not the type of win that you brag about. It's really that simple IMO.

Edit to add: unless it's a david vs Goliath type game where the team that was state wasn't even supposed to compete...then you brag. I have a little to much respect for State to put them in that category.

November 9th, 2016, 10:49 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

A well deserved loss tonight. We had no answer for their RB.

November 13th, 2016, 12:41 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

BillySims wrote:
A well deserved loss tonight. We had no answer for their RB.

actually there defense is what won them the game and speight missing some open throws

November 13th, 2016, 10:32 am
RIP Killer

That sucked, bummed they lost that one. With 3 of the top 4 teams losing yesterday it looks like the college playoffs are still completely in play for Michigan should they win out.

Go Blue!

November 13th, 2016, 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

The good news is, the loss didn't really hurt us. UofM fell to #4.
Alabama is 1, Ohio State is 2, Louisville is 3, and then UofM.

So, it could have been a lot worse.

November 13th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next