View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 24th, 2019, 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Michigan football 2016. 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Michigan football 2016.
As Pablo said, it sucks but changes nothing int he hunt for the playoff. Win Out and they go as they will have beat OSU in The Game and then the Division Championship game. Lose again and its Regular Bowl Season in Ann Arbor. It could even be argued that losing to a team that just plain wanted it more and played harder could give them a better chance at defeating Ohio State or winning in their other tough games they would have to play if they make the playoff. They just haven't really been tested much this season.

None of this made me feel better as the pit in my stomach started aching way before we even made our last Field Goal. I just had a feeling of dred the entire 2nd half as we struggled to do anything against their "inferior" defense. That Facemask on the Punt at the end made my gut curdle.

November 14th, 2016, 1:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Speight broke his collar bone. Done for the season. Might be able to return for the bowl game.

November 14th, 2016, 5:22 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Well that certainly doesnt help things. Show us what you got JOK.

November 14th, 2016, 9:09 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Was mostly a fun watch vs OSU, but how many No Calls is OSU going to get in their own stadium. That 3rd Down OT scramble there is a massive hold on the tackler that would have had it 4th and 5 or more, and its not called, and that opens up the 4th an 1 opporotunity leading to the win. 2 Penalties for 6 yds against the #1 def in the country where your RT is almost a turnstile. Yeah Right.

GG Refs.

November 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Yes, we got screwed. But, we also shot ourselves in the foot. Speight was outstanding all season. But, he stunk today. Maybe, if he doesn't throw 2 INT's, one of them a pick6, and fumble once, we would have won.

November 26th, 2016, 5:45 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

BillySims wrote:
Yes, we got screwed. But, we also shot ourselves in the foot. Speight was outstanding all season. But, he stunk today. Maybe, if he doesn't throw 2 INT's, one of them a pick6, and fumble once, we would have won.

he was getting rid of the ball way too quick even with no pressure and nobody open. in other words, he was adjusting for his collarbone injury and probably shouldnt have been out there. doesnt help that harbaugh cant keep his own head on straight during a game.

November 27th, 2016, 9:37 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Bleacher Report has UofM only dropping to number 5. So, if #4 Washington or #3 Clemson lose their conference championship game, UofM will be right back in the playoff picture. Any bets who would dnter the next matchup with OSU with a major grudge to settle?

November 27th, 2016, 12:33 pm
National Champion

BillySims wrote:
Bleacher Report has UofM only dropping to number 5. So, if #4 Washington or #3 Clemson lose their conference championship game, UofM will be right back in the playoff picture. Any bets who would dnter the next matchup with OSU with a major grudge to settle?

Sorry but if the big ten gets two teams in the playoffs one will be the conference winner. It would be a complete joke if the conference winner was left out with two other teams making it. It's over for uofm but it was a good season. Congrats.

November 27th, 2016, 4:30 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Sorry but if the big ten gets two teams in the playoffs one will be the conference winner. It would be a complete joke if the conference winner was left out with two other teams making it. It's over for uofm but it was a good season. Congrats.

UM has beat both teams in the big ten championship game. they have a case. the big ten winner can still fly there championship banner and go to a high end bowl game.

November 29th, 2016, 7:05 am
Martha Firestone Ford

The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:

UM has beat both teams in the big ten championship game. they have a case. the big ten winner can still fly there championship banner and go to a high end bowl game.

And Michigan is the only team to win 3 games against top 10 opponents this season.

November 29th, 2016, 9:18 am
RIP Killer

Congrats on a very good season Michigan. I simply can't see them making the playoffs now with Alabama and Ohio State both locks leaving just two spots with Michigan having to get the nod over a Big Ten champ with two Big Ten losses - sorry.

Officiating, as always, a major factor. Obviously the turnovers hurt but give Michigan credit for still almost winning. I thought some of Michigan's coaching was poor, especially the way they played the receivers (letting them run free) with the secondary they have.

Good luck vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl!

November 29th, 2016, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Was a good season despite what happened with Iowa and OSU. Its a bummer that failure to score when up 17-7 with the ball on 3 straight drives combined with some Referee Shenanigans (see enough of these as a Lions fan) likely puts the 2nd Best team in the country (handled OSU w/o ref intervention, crushed Penn State) not only outside of the playoff, but also not in the Rose Bowl where at least I could go see them play (been forever since I got to go to the Rose bowl, since the Vince Young game the year before Texas won the title).

C'est La Vie

November 29th, 2016, 2:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:

he was getting rid of the ball way too quick even with no pressure and nobody open. in other words, he was adjusting for his collarbone injury and probably shouldnt have been out there. doesnt help that harbaugh cant keep his own head on straight during a game.

Agree. Although im a State fan, ill admit Harbaugh is a darn good coach. But my God does he act like a crying little baby out there. Maybe, MAYBE the first time he threw his head set on the ground it was cool. Showed his passion...got the crowd roaring..etc.. but 20 times later he just looks stupid.

November 30th, 2016, 9:50 pm
Pro Bowl Player

So i have to say loving that the CFP comittee really likes that B10 SOS, and especially UMs wins agaisnt 3 top 8 teams. I will be rooting hard for Colorado to take out Washington (or take it to OT or something) to even more drive home the fact that despite schedule differences UM is 1 of the best 4 teams in the country. That OSU game left no doubt in my mind.

Still seeing it as a 10% chance, but thats p good. Funny that the alternative is bounce all the way out to past the Rose and into the Orange Bowl since the Conf Champion will either be in the Playoff or in the Rose.

December 1st, 2016, 12:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
You say rankings don't matter. I call bull crap. I listened to college sports nation on Sirius/XM today. They had a stat to be taken seriously. Of the schools that land a top 10 recruiting class, 3.5 of them will play in the college championship playoffs within 4 years. Outside the top 10 classes, the odds drop dramatically. MSU is the sole outlier so far.

So, what do you think your chances are if you finish with a top 10 recruiting class year after year after year?

Well UofM had a top 10 class in 2009, 2012 and 2013 - how many Big Ten Title games did that get you in?

Well, 2009 is not valid. The 4 year window ends in 2013. The NCAA Football playoffs did not start until 2014. Admittedly, whoever figured out the odds for this, did so with a very small amount of data. I assume the odds will be recalculated each season. After 10 years of data or so the odds will be more accurate.

As for 2012 and 2013:

The odds say that 3.5 of the top 10 recruiting classes each year will make the playoffs at some point in the 4 year window. 6.5 teams won't.
That said, the Wolverines 2012 team was very close this year. If not for 10 seconds from hell against MSU and a bad game to OSU, UofM would have made the playoffs this year. That recruiting class still has 1 year left in it;s 4 year window. The 2013 class has 2 years left in it's window.

Updated: The 2012 team got reffed out of the playoffs. Here is a video for evidence:
2 Refs live in Ohio and grew up OSU fans. 1 of them was previously fired by the Big 10 for poor officiating. Not sure why they rehired him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbNzWWY-oGo&app=desktop

The 2013 class now has 1 more year. But, given the talent heading out the door to the NFL this off season, that will be plenty hard to do.

December 3rd, 2016, 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next